• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

What an arbitrary metric to determine the value of media.

Longer games tend to be the reverse, as the game tends to be padded out with fluff content designed to extend the length of the game, rather than higher quality, compelling content.

Yeah, I prefer a good, tightly paced 10 hour game than a padded to the death 30+ hour monstrosity.
Currently playing the newest Phoenix Wright game and there's just so much padding, you could easily shave 5+ hours(!) of total playtime just by removing every single instance of repeatable behaviour animation (prosecutor waiting a few seconds for a butterfly to flutter by gets repeated roughly 100 times during each case).

Conan O'Brien redeemed?

Redeemed? This obviously means he's singlehandedly responsible for preemptively ruining the reputation of one of gamings all time greats, possibly responsible for killing the Japanese game industry in the process.

Or something like that is probably what the reaction will be if it binds.

Time to start clearing your backlog, folks:

mTGqNbg.jpg

Nordicus

holy shit at the draft mode in Eternal o_O

its a actual real draft, you pick one card from 1 pack, pass the pack along, pick another card from a pack, pass it along, etc. This is fantastic.

The game is by far the best videogame card game ive played.
Yup.

And btw, Packs 1 and 3 are from one group while 2 and 4 are from another. Keep that in mind when looking for signals about which colors are not super contested.

holy shit at the draft mode in Eternal o_O

its a actual real draft, you pick one card from 1 pack, pass the pack along, pick another card from a pack, pass it along, etc. This is fantastic.

The game is by far the best videogame card game ive played.

how would you compare this to the quality/fun of duelyst and shadowverse? i know theyre not exactly similar, but shadowverse turned me off by the slow pacing.

I also really like that reviews say there is less rng. There is some straight up BS RNG in duelyst!

Anteater

bought it from play asia, should work :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Ass Creed Liberation (Uplay) -- MB-F69910A4351AAD87 - Taken by CheDominik. 2 entrants total.

t1479743078z1.png

I started playing Day of the Tentacle, never played it that time as i had not the patience to play many P&C games in my early pc days. I´m checking some P&C games these days and they are really fun. I didnt know what i was missing. Also finished the first "The Last Door" game, simple but great horror adventure.

On the other side, i started a new game of Banished. Played it for hours when it released but man, this is really tough, my people are dying like flies. Didnt remeber it was that hard. Should start on easy again and check some guides, or play some chilling adventure games.

The next sale starts on wednesday, right?

Owlboy has 30k owners according to steamspy. It's not bad, but not amazing either.

I always wanted to own coastal property. Tough luck DutchGAF.

We are probably and by far the best prepared country in the world, despite our obvious topographical disadvantage. Plus we gonna make massive amounts of dough designing dams and water management projects all around the world.

rtcn63

I'm tempted to pre-order FFXV because I have nothing but old games to play. Keep it installed on the PS4, turn on every now and then. I have GCU, so it'll be $40ish (if you include the $10 rewards).

This shit won't be coming to PC for awhile, if that right?

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I also felt that CD Projekt didn't put in as much effort in quality vs quantity in Blood&Wine. When it was good, it was really good, but too much of the side quests were to generic, with too much just killing the same enemies, and without memorable characters.
yeah, i don't think the main quests were very good either

it's just not very good as a dlc

but in the end, as a final chapter to a series and to the characters i love so much, that final bit just felt like a proper goodbye

and that's ok

Anteater

resident evil rev 2 is such a coop ass game that doesn't have online coop, i'm tired of switching to the second player to point at things and I'd rather have my friend do it

Ganado

resident evil rev 2 is such a coop ass game that doesn't have online coop, i'm tired of switching to the second player to point at things and I'd rather have my friend do it
I'm playing it through Nvidia Share with a friend and it works good. Shame about the screen size though.

valouris

I just bought Witcher 3 GOTY edition from GMG, only to find out the key is for GOG and not Steam. Neither of the two stores is stated anywhere on the GMG store page! Can I undo the order? Or can I somehow activate the game on Steam if I have it on GOG?

Edit: I just noticed on DRM: it states GOG Galaxy. Let's see if I can get the order cancelled.

fantomena

Modern Warfare Remastered MP on PC is pretty darn shite. Server lag and terrible performance.

3/10

Anyone know if normal MW MP is better?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
A lot of people worried about length since someone beat the game in 30 hours. Which isn't even bad.

13 & 13-2 I beat in 40 & 20 hours. So 30-40 for FFXV with little side content seems fine.

I even beat witcher 3 in about 30 hours. So it's not like the length someone beats it = quality

you beat witcher 3 in 30 hours? did you ignore everything except the main quest and rush right through it? my quickest playthrough was 90 hours of the base game and i didn't do everything. so maybe you got to the credits but you most certainly didn't beat the game.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270

that says a rushed playthrough of the man quest is about 30 hours. the rushed completionist is 113 hours. i don't see the point of rushing through half the content. you missed out on a lot of content. how can you say you beat it?

zkylon

zkylewd
you beat witcher 3 in 30 hours? did you ignore everything except the main quest and rush right through it? my quickest playthrough was 90 hours of the base game and i didn't do everything. so maybe you got to the credits but you most certainly didn't beat the game.

that says a rushed playthrough of the man quest is about 30 hours. the rushed completionist is 113 hours. i don't see the point of rushing through half the content. you missed out on a lot of content. how can you say you beat it?

i bet witcha 3 is a much better game if you only dedicate 30 hours to it

Hektor

Completionist means doing utterly pointless stuff like the monster nests tho.

I'd not consider that to be important for "beating the game"

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i bet witcha 3 is a much better game if you only dedicate 30 hours to it

lol no, i don't think so. either you rush through it and "complete" it in 30 hours or you go at a reasonable pace and just quit at what is basically the start of the game. if you are enjoying the game enough to see it through to the final main quest then why would you skip all the secondary quests/contracts and expansions?

Jawmuncher

I dabbled in some side quests (such as bloody baron) and got the "good ending". Also had the romance with Trish. Though I did give Yennefer a chance. Didn't touch Gwent though.

I got what I wanted out of the game. I'm not interested in doing all of the side content, since I have so much to play. The game was still good despite not doing everything as you said. So to me I don't see the problem.

Would be different if I beat the game in 30 hours and went "the game doesn't have a lot of content" or something.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Completionist means doing utterly pointless stuff like the monster nests tho.

I'd not consider that to be important for "beating the game"

point still stands though as the main + extras is on average 103 hours. 60 hours rushed. i assume that is main quests + secondary quests + witcher contracts.

Lain

I never heard of this game before (not really into the genre or whatever), but I feel like it probably deserves a mention based on the companies involved, Nightshade/百花百狼 from D3 Publisher and Red Entertainment. Apparently originally released in Japan as PS Vita title earlier this year. No release date for the Steam version yet.

VNDB

The art looks nice.

data

The Witcher 3 is good but it's definitely not 90+ hours good

I had way more than my fill at 70 hours, would've enjoyed it way more if I stuck to just the main quest earlier on

AHA-Lambda

I spent about 50ish hours on W3 (before DLC) on main quest, a good variety of side quests, and no gwent.

I was happy with that time, didn't feel like I missed out on anything really.

Did play on easy though to be fair cos the combat is gash.

hohoXD123

I've downloaded reshade 3 but I can't find anything which lets me load presets from ones I've downloaded online, I can only make new presets. Help anyone?

Grief.exe

Modern Warfare Remastered MP on PC is pretty darn shite. Server lag and terrible performance.

3/10

Anyone know if normal MW MP is better?

It has dedicated servers and a fairly active community.

The single player gets a lot of hype around GAF so I played the game and the multiplayer as well a couple years ago. The community has likely seen some attrition since that point, but I'd imagine it's still a decent size.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol no, i don't think so. either you rush through it and "complete" it in 30 hours or you go at a reasonable pace and just quit at what is basically the start of the game. if you are enjoying the game enough to see it through to the final main quest then why would you skip all the secondary quests/contracts and expansions?
well whatever it lasts if you savour the main questline, which is where all the good content is

i'm sure there's a few side quests of worth but witcha 3 is no fallout new vegas, the quest design is so formulaic i can't remember any of them

rtcn63

Isn't like every piece of gear but witcher gear practically useless? I mean, it's just not worth carrying around or looking for.

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't like every piece of gear but witcher gear practically useless? I mean, it's just not worth carrying around or looking for.
yup unless you care about dressing up geralt

and i certainly do with this awesome berserk looking armor

NOtx6WFh.jpg

(but yea they're worthless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom