• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

Ittle Dew 2 is a great zelda-like, but hoooly fuck the secrets... Hug me, I'm scared. (and I'm thinking of making a threads about them. :p)

Uraizen

Banned
Uh, dunno if its been posted yet or not, but the NeoGeo bundle from humble bundle has Shock Troopers 2nd Squad and The Last Blade keys now. They no longer say they're unavailable.

zkylon

zkylewd
bhzrPxvh.jpg

you know, for all i disliked blood and wine, i can kind of appreciate its place as a sort of (second) epilogue to witcha 3 and the witcha series in general

its final moments specially kind of reminded me why i love these characters so much, there's a warmth and optimism in this series that you rarely see in videogames and it's so refreshing to see it right amidst all the horrible things that happen in the witcher universe

the dlc itself i sadly found to be really dull and tedious, after like 200hrs of this game the last thing i wanted were more question marks to clear, and even its story content wasn't nearly as good as the other stuff in this game, with pretty barebones characters outside of regis and just generally a lack of an interesting plotline.

but i'll appreciate it for the extra hours it gave me with geralt, his relationship with regis is great and the little surprise at the end was very enjoyable also. it gets me quite nostalgic for this series heh

if blood and wine is the final farewell to this series i hope whatever cdpr does next manages to do another extremely likeable cast as they've done with the witcha games, i have all the trust in the world in them as storytellers

hopefully their next games will feature more nuanced minute to minute gameplay and less filler content, but u know, the story stuff i bet it'll be great

Nice! I think Lucius is my favorite, though.

That expression... Dude is bringing the madness, big time.
yeah there's a ton of good ones

don't have money for hitman ;_;
same situation lol, my cc got bounced when i tried to buy it on steam lol

rip us

One thing I dislike about HITMAN is that the control is pretty stiff. Once something goes wrong it's very hard to recover, pretty much always ends up between an instant reload or get shot to death then reload save.

Agreed, MGSV kinda spoiled me in terms of movement and controls in stealth games. Still though, I do enjoy HITMAN.

Knurek

Looks like the server for Prime World Defenders has been taken down, which means you unlock achievements or upload scores or whatever you could before.
This kinda sucks for achievement hunters or for those who want to compare scores with each other. And why would they rely on an online server to unlock achievements?
Me myself only got 34 of 134 achievements unlocked

SAM to the rescue.

SAM to the rescue.

I don't get this, what's the point of enabling achievements you haven't actually achieved? why stop there? why not do it for all the achievements...

it sucks that those achievements can't be obtainened anymore, but I don't see the point of pretending to have obtained them.

Deques

SAM to the rescue.

I want to earn achievements through the hard way :(

I don't get this, what's the point of enabling achievements you haven't actually achieved? why stop there? why not do it for all the achievements...

it sucks that those achievements can't be obtainened anymore, but I don't see the point of pretending to have obtained them.

Also there is a risk that you are flagged as a cheater in astats

kagamin

Installed Luma3DS via A9HL on my 3DS finally, too bad I can't really use my Internet at Uni outside of the Web browser once I'm logged in there, so I can't access the homebrew launcher, I can finish the extra stuff later I guess, whats important is that I can play Pokémon lol.

the dlc itself i sadly found to be really dull and tedious, after like 200hrs of this game the last thing i wanted were more question marks to clear, and even its story content wasn't nearly as good as the other stuff in this game, with pretty barebones characters outside of regis and just generally a lack of an interesting plotline.

but i'll appreciate it for the extra hours it gave me with geralt, his relationship with regis is great and the little surprise at the end was very enjoyable also. it gets me quite nostalgic for this series heh

if blood and wine is the final farewell to this series i hope whatever cdpr does next manages to do another extremely likeable cast as they've done with the witcha games, i have all the trust in the world in them as storytellers

hopefully their next games will feature more nuanced minute to minute gameplay and less filler content, but u know, the story stuff i bet it'll be great

Yeah, I also felt that CD Projekt didn't put in as much effort in quality vs quantity in Blood&Wine. When it was good, it was really good, but too much of the side quests were to generic, with too much just killing the same enemies, and without memorable characters.

Tizoc

Thought id share this image with u lads and lasses for on other reason than to put to rest one pf gaming's biggest questions
EnL2tI8.jpg

derFeef

I am trying to set up isthereanydeal notifications and I am overwhelmed by the options. I just want to get notified when the price is cut 25% from the original one. When I set

"Notify me when price is below current store non-deal price" with a cut of 25% I should be good, no?

I never heard of this game before (not really into the genre or whatever), but I feel like it probably deserves a mention based on the companies involved, Nightshade/百花百狼 from D3 Publisher and Red Entertainment. Apparently originally released in Japan as PS Vita title earlier this year. No release date for the Steam version yet.

VNDB

So.. First feedback from FFXV aint glowing. I guess that pretty much means I dodged a bullet with the lack of PC release. But that'll definitely hurt the sales of the port when/if it happens.

Pakkidis

Looks like the server for Prime World Defenders has been taken down, which means you unlock achievements or upload scores or whatever you could before. The devs haven't mentioned why it's down or when it will be back. It's suspected that they focus on mobile only now

This kinda sucks for achievement hunters or for those who want to compare scores with each other. And why would they rely on an online server to unlock achievements?
Me myself only got 34 of 134 achievements unlocked

That sucks. It was a fantastic tower defense game.

Jawmuncher

A lot of people worried about length since someone beat the game in 30 hours. Which isn't even bad.

13 & 13-2 I beat in 40 & 20 hours. So 30-40 for FFXV with little side content seems fine.

I even beat witcher 3 in about 30 hours. So it's not like the length someone beats it = quality

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
A lot of people worried about length since someone beat the game in 30 hours. Which isn't even bad.

13 & 13-2 I beat in 40 & 20 hours. So 30-40 for FFXV with little side content seems fine.

I even beat witcher 3 in about 30 hours. So it's not like the length someone beats it = quality

yeah, 30 hours is fine

some will whine on it's too short, some will whine that it's too long

Sch1sm

What I'm not sure of is the care for achievements at all. Just another number on your profile if you bothered with that showcase. Is it really that big a deal?

Actually. How many of you actually care about the earned achievements % in your profiles?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit at the draft mode in Eternal o_O

its a actual real draft, you pick one card from 1 pack, pass the pack along, pick another card from a pack, pass it along, etc. This is fantastic.

The game is by far the best videogame card game ive played.

Wok

I have finished another game in the "Lands of Dream" series: A Postcard from Afthonia. It is really short (maybe 30 min long) and sweet. A good follow-up to The Sea Will Claim Everything, as we get to meet some of the characters again.

The game is by far the best videogame card game ive played.

It is good, but damn, I wish I could skip the card animations when playing the campaign against the AI. It is so damn slow!

Grief.exe

yeah, 30 hours is fine

some will whine on it's too short, some will whine that it's too long

What an arbitrary metric to determine the value of media.

Longer games tend to be the reverse, as the game tends to be padded out with fluff content designed to extend the length of the game, rather than higher quality, compelling content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom