• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Ch 4 in RE revelations 2,
Moira just got crushed by rocks
in my game

steveshrug82s6v2hpykv.gif

Best thing about the game. I laughed so hard when it happened.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The good thing about the Interplay auction is that there's only one lot, so when it's sold, all of the games (and then some) should come back rather quickly... unless it's not Nordic that walks away with everything but rather, say, EA. That being said, some the "IPs" aren't IPs but rather just the games themselves (e.g. Star Trek) or mere publishing contracts (e.g. Shogo), which are ticking time bombs.

Corpekata

Banned
How strick is Uplay with its keys? Gamesplanet has WD2 for 40 bucks, they are Europe/ Oceania keys. Are they strict or is it like, VPN to activate and forget about it sort of resitrctions?

JaseC

How strick is Uplay with its keys? Gamesplanet has WD2 for 40 bucks, they are Europe/ Oceania keys. Are they strict or is it like, VPN to activate and forget about it sort of resitrctions?

As far as I'm aware, the only restriction is that Eastern European and now Chinese keys are "language-locked".

Deadlight Director's Cut has its own store page. If the original game was actually good I might be hurt that I didn't get this as a free upgrade.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I liked Deadlight a lot (I love clunky heavy-physics platformers like Blizzard's Blackthorne, Another World, Flashback, etc.) But I'm not going to pay for the "upgrade"

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broforce -- MB-E26675988AD7BF69 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 9 entrants total.
CastleStorm -- MB-1BF0BC7AE08C87F8 - Taken by eyeless. 1 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-FAD11F09DA972A0F - Taken by gabbo. 1 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-01C64CCD73809655 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted -- MB-C7C2B8245B86D377 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-032CE44174D65DD7 - Taken by Anteater. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Secret World -- MB-9506CF342D76D1E6 - Taken by yoshizzle. 16 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-143DFC973650D473 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dungeons 2 -- MB-970E6B9F6C00C4BC - Taken by madjoki. 6 entrants total.
Hotline Miami 2 -- MB-F4D85838909AEDC8 - Taken by rainking187. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Grey Goo Definitive Edition -- MB-C8C7B2D28126E5EC - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-A3BEA4F59DDB157F - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Pirate Pop Plus -- MB-6F0D7B36C6933574 - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.

t1479886156z1.png

Jadax

Anyone know where I can sell csgo Gamma 2 keys for some paypal moolah - want some money to buy stuff off bundle sites etc.

Teggy

Is there an amount of points you can put into sneak where stealth is viable in the Bethesda Fallout games? I've got 55 points in and a silenced rifle (wish I could find a scope...) and the situations I can pull off more than one or two stealth kills in a row before being spotted are really rare. I got the sniper and flying robot companions and I've become resigned to just letting them loose.

Also, was just reading about Breach & Clear Deadline: Rebirth, which is on sale for 90% off. The devs kind of released the game with all kinds of performance improvements, but a big reason for that is they took online coop out of the game. A lot of unhappy campers.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Someone mentioned two good console games coming to Steam early. Are they actually good games or anime shit?

On a more positive note, Dragon's Dogma plays wonderful on PC vs 360. Going to rebuild into a MagiArcher this time.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Deadlight Director's Cut has its own store page. If the original game was actually good I might be hurt that I didn't get this as a free upgrade.

Pretty much where I'm at

I liked Deadlight a lot (I love clunky heavy-physics platformers like Blizzard's Blackthorne, Another World, Flashback, etc.) But I'm not going to pay for the "upgrade"
I'm somewhere between. I kind of liked Deadlight, but also was somewhat underwhelmed by it. It's been a while since I played it, so I don't remember my exact thoughts, but I do remember I was a bit tired of it by the end, but I didn't hate my time with it. I only vaguely remember some screnes... i think O disliked it more because of the heavy bullshit 'do this perfectly" moments, but I only say that since I remember one scene towards the end that's like that and know one scene alone wouldn't have that effect on me.

Corpekata

Banned
Someone mentioned two good console games coming to Steam early. Are they actually good games or anime shit?

On a more positive note, Dragon's Dogma plays wonderful on PC vs 360. Going to rebuild into a MagiArcher this time.

One game was pretty animu (artelier game) and one was the Wii U "exclusive" Lego game getting a port.

JaseC

Lego City Undercover, if nothing else, should be reassuring for those who are concerned that Sony's distribution contract for Nioh completely precludes a PC release.

Lego City Undercover, if nothing else, should be reassuring for those who are concerned that Sony's distribution contract for Nioh completely precludes a PC release.

One could argue WB and KT are two different entities. Nah if you want a precedent with KT, just look at Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, published by Microsoft or better and more recent: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edge, which was a Wii U exclusive published by Nintendo in west and then released on PS360.

JaseC

One could argue WB and KT are two different entities. Nah if you want a precedent with KT, just look at Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, published by Microsoft or better and more recent: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edge, which was a Wii U exclusive published by Nintendo in west and then released on PS360.

Well, the thing to take away is that, as usual, publishing rights eventually defaulted to the copyright holder, even though the publisher was a platform holder. If anything, LCU was theoretically less likely to become multiplatform than Nioh is. A PC release is a matter of "when" rather than "if", especially with KT's recent history of porting this and that to seemingly modest success.

kevin1025

Banned

I agree with you, though Sony might be more bullish with these sorts of things. I have faith, though!

Final Fantasy XV review thread is gonna be a bloodbath. Stay safe, SteamGAF.

So I played the game for around 12h. Reached Level 22 for my characters.

- I like the battle system. Its dynamic, quick and fun. The combo of different weapons can make great combos.
- Main Quest is good until now. Haven't played a lot of it though since I'm focusing on mob hunts and side quests.
- Boss fights are great.

Dislikes:
- The open world is terrible. Huge and mostly barren. Its boring as hell.
- Side quests are 90% boring fetch quests (literally go to way point find a gold colored small orb and return it. Rinse and repeat) and 10% actual good quests. Also, you have to return said items to quest givers :( I though JRPGs fixed that shit already like Xenoblade Chronicles X and SMT4A. (Nitpick)
- Traveling by Car or even Chocobo is pretty boring and time consuming. I mostly play Pokemon whenever I travel by car since it can take more than 5 minutes sometimes.
- Magic is shit. I like the effect and its actual use but the fact that I have to go into a menu everytime to "craft" magic gets annoying.
- I will never understand them assigning X as the jump button AND the action button. Whenever I try to open a door or pick up an item I end up jumping. Its a nitpick but pretty annoying after 10h of gameplay lol.
- You can't fast forwarded time. If you go to an inn or camp you always wake up in the morning (from what I can tell since the Time menu is confusing as fuck). So you'll have to wait for mob hunts that are required to do in the night.
- THE FUCKING DEFAULT SPEED at Caves and dungeons is slow as hell!!!! You have to actually always press the sprint to run and wait between stamina refreshes. Ugh.

These are my impressions so far. Overall not enjoying my time as much as I'd like. I guess since I'm focusing on Side quests. I'll probably focus on the main now and skip the rest. Not worth my time tbh. Main quest overall seems pretty good.

Tizoc

Final Fantasy XV review thread is gonna be a bloodbath. Stay safe, SteamGAF.

I'd recommend reading up more impressions first. I'm still getting this though and hey I'm playing Dragon Age Inq. where the sidequests function similarly in a way and that got GotY 2014 :V

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thanks. Was not even aware that Quake 2 has a Singlplayer mode.
Cant buy it here anyway but I will try to snatch it anywhere else then.

JustLynx

found the dates, so winter sale is supposed to be around 22nd of December, bah, for some reason i thought today is the winter sale :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
found the dates, so winter sale is supposed to be around 22nd of December, bah, for some reason i thought today is the winter sale :(

A handy mnemonic device for remembering:

To have a winter sale
Winter must have set sail

There's your mfin thread title for next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom