• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

will games go higher on winter compared to fall i dont remember i think they were the same or some went lower but that could mean that some went higher u dig?

i want that white march

Orgen

Broken Sword saga is around 7 bucks now on bundlestars.

Yep, that's the deal I'm eyeeing :D I think it's 6,29€ with the blackfriday code right? So I don't expect Steam to match this price but we'll see in a few hours!

By the way, how many episodes does Broken Sword 5 has? Only 2? Is it finished? (I'm used to play Telltale games with several episodes so only 2 episodes is a little weird for me).

Yep, that's the deal I'm eyeeing :D I think it's 6,29€ with the blackfriday code right? So I don't expect Steam to match this price but we'll see in a few hours!

By the way, how many episodes does Broken Sword 5 has? Only 2? Is it finished? (I'm used to play Telltale games with several episodes so only 2 episodes is a little weird for me).

As far as I know it is complete.
Despite owning it for over a year now, I never actually played a single minute of it :(

Angelina

Banned
Dragon quests heroes is hit or miss I dislike after how u get access to monsters u have to micro manage the map jumping from different places in map and helping ur monsters..its quite major complaint ny many who played it.

Also alot of games last year went either higher in price or stayed same at winter sales compared to one coming up

Ozium

I dont know yet. Just bought it.
I heard a lot of positive impressions from GAF at least though.

Oh, another question: is it good?

I'm a huge DQ fan and want to play it but I heard it described as a Tower Defense x Musou and that worries me greatly. If it was a straight up DQ themed Musou I would insta buy

Dragon quests heroes is hit or miss I dislike after how u get access to monsters u have to micro manage the map jumping from different places in map and helping ur monsters..its quite major complaint ny many who played it.

legit shook

Angelina

Banned
I'm a huge DQ fan and want to play it but I heard it described as a Tower Defense x Musou and that worries me greatly. If it was a straight up DQ themed Musou I would insta buy

legit shook

Id highly recommend arslan warriors of legend its a mousou at heart with some epic horse skills doing a nassive army horse stampede into army's etc if it goes on sale i absolutely recommend a mousou fan check it out

what's up with the new windows 10 update? it configured rather fast last night but now when i start my pc in the morning, the update is installed slowww as shit. 5 minutes in and 8% done

as a follow up question, is there a way to disable automatic updating?

Pixieking

Banned
ibn Saïd;225316034 said:
what's up with the new windows 10 update? it configured rather fast last night but now when i start my pc in the morning, the update is installed slowww as shit. 5 minutes in and 8% done

Set your internet connection as metered. But it may create issues - I had to turn it off because it refused to check for and install updates when I manually asked it to. I went through a lot of work to flush Windows Update, restart services, and all that bother before just giving-up and turning off metered. (Which, annoyingly, I would like, since I am actually on a metered service.)

Parsnip

ibn Saïd;225316034 said:

There is in Pro and Enterprise versions. Before AU it was possible with a group policy, after AU it's still possible with some registry tweaks.
If I remember right you probably need to run those from elevated powershell, command prompt might work as well.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sometimes: Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-F5B24BD0E27C2F9D

Seems I had that already.

I doubt anyone here would know but was there ever a good Steam Box released?

I saw that Interplay added the other Star Trek game that was previously GOG exclusive. Continued notice that they're also trying to auction off all their IP by the end of the year.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Interplay Entertainment Corp.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Interplay Inc.

Would strongly consider wishlisting anything you want and pouncing during the Black Friday or Christmas sales

The steam versions don't run very well compared to the GOG versions. :(

Yes. Morrowind is a weird land.

One of the big reasons I probably didn't like it. Well it's a lot more than that but its up there. The only Elder Scrolls game I didn't like.

I, for one, would play TellTale's take on SHOGO.

Why is that? They aren't a shooter company and they probably wouldn't get the Anime part either.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally bought a Steam Controller. It's nice, but I guess it'll take some time and a lot of tinkering to get used to it. I've tried it in Bit.Trip Beat (and Flux, but it worked better in the former due to mouse controls being bad in the latter), Driver: San Francisco, Portal and Super Hexagon. The gyro is a pretty cool addition, I mapped it to the camera in Driver and the pad in Beat.

Any suggestions for other games to try? I already downloaded Grid Autosport and will try using it as a steering wheel (which didn't work well in Driver), and also want to check how it feels in Infinite Warfare.

Do I want FF X? Never cared for any FF other than XIII (which I liked a lot), is it similar to that? Or is it more like the old games?

Deques

Finally bought a Steam Controller. It's nice, but I guess it'll take some time and a lot of tinkering to get used to it. I've tried it in Bit.Trip Beat (and Flux, but it worked better in the former due to mouse controls being bad in the latter), Driver: San Francisco, Portal and Super Hexagon. The gyro is a pretty cool addition, I mapped it to the camera in Driver and the pad in Beat.

Any suggestions for other games to try? I already downloaded Grid Autosport and will try using it as a steering wheel (which didn't work well in Driver), and also want to check how it feels in Infinite Warfare.

Do I want FF X? Never cared for any FF other than XIII (which I liked a lot), is it similar to that? Or is it more like the old games?

Do you want to dodge 200 lightning strikes? Then go for it :D

There is a cheat script for it

Tizoc

So this looks interesting
ss_b73ed578691105d4af49c5859bbe1f64ac194de0.jpg
http://store.steampowered.com/app/550560/?snr=1_4_4__106

Nabs

It works nicely with so many types of games, it just takes time to learn your way around all the options. I personally love playing single player FPS/TPS games with it. The trackpad aiming, gyro aiming, and radial/touch menus all add a lot to the experience. Feel free to ask about different games/configs/styles in here or the dedicated thread. I think we're all down to help.

Some of my favorite games so far: Max Payne 2, Vampire, Doom, Wolfenstein (allofem), Metroid Prime (Trilogy), Dark Souls series, Dragons Dogma, and Crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom