• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Is it normal for the Squenix Store that I still got no confirmation mail and that my order doesn't appear in my account after like 20 minutes?

Nzyme32

So, no sale today?

there's another 2 hours to go.

Steam sales always go live around 10AM Pacific time.

Yeah, not sure where the idea comes from that the sale will start any sooner each sale. Store seems to always update at the same time (6pm GMT), and that has applied to sales as well. Only things that have been different are bigger changes like the Store revamps

dave is ok

aztek is ok
You can't just say that an not go into further detail.
It's 20 bucks on Amazon right now - and there is a promo when you add a Mastercard to one-click you get 10 bucks for free that can only be spent on non-digital stuff

The details are on /r/gamedeals and Slickdeals and the usual places.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indiegala Hazard Reboot Bundle

7XRADfZ.png

https://www.indiegala.com/hazard

i havent used nuuvem in about a year and i see they do usd now. is it possible to use a vpn to get brazil prices or is that dream dead?

Nyoro SF

XSEED/Marvelous status update:

They pushed through some multi-game updates over the past three days. Interestingly enough it caused one unknown title that had been lying dormant for 11 months to be updated as well (427700).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah, not sure where the idea comes from that the sale will start any sooner each sale. Store seems to always update at the same time (6pm GMT), and that has applied to sales as well. Only things that have been different are bigger changes like the Store revamps

I dunno when they start. It's nearly 5pm here.

but the more you know

Teppic

Am I allowed to get excited for the sale, or are we all supposed to be jaded by this point?
Not excited. Buying games on Steam sales are mostly not worth it anymore. I'm saving wallet for fairly new games I might be interested in.

Amzin

2 questions on the FF stuff:

How is the FFX/X-2 remaster and port? I never played it on the PS2 (despite buying the $20 edition or whatever it was)

Is FFVI still an awful remaster/version of the game for someone who absolutely loves the game?

Lomax

I'm excited for the steam sale to be mediocre because I'm tired of buying games I'm not playing because
I'm addicted to World of Warcraft again
. But I still buy bundles, because dammit I can't stop buying bundles.

mp1990

Banned

How is the FFX/X-2 remaster and port? I never played it on the PS2 (despite buying the $20 edition or whatever it was)

Is FFVI still an awful remaster/version of the game for someone who absolutely loves the game?

FFX is good, but with some caveats. It's stable for most of it, but has some hiccups in the latter half, which can be pretty annoying. It runs at 30fps, which wasn't much of a big deal to me, but maybe you can find a 60fps mod out there. Also, the faces were changed from the PS2 version, giving a more... well... anime look? But since you didn't play the PS2 version (and neither did I), I think you should be fine with it.

FFX/X-2 is fantastic on PC. It's locked to 30 fps, but looks great and has some nice PC-exclusive features (like fast-forward). It's well worth it.

FFVI port is blech - http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/382900

Knurek

Is it normal for the Squenix Store that I still got no confirmation mail and that my order doesn't appear in my account after like 20 minutes?

Yeah, same problem.
First order came through fine, just had to wait 5 minutes or so for keys.
The other one was billed to my bank account, but no confirmation email and still isn't on my store account. :\

Hektor

Yeah, same problem.
First order came through fine, just had to wait 5 minutes or so for keys.
The other one was billed to my bank account, but no confirmation email and still isn't on my store account. :\

Last time my order took 4 days to arrive

Blu(e)

Man I would go for that DQ discount if it was applied to the steam price. The wait continues. The FF sale is great though.

Durante

XSEED/Marvelous status update:

They pushed through some multi-game updates over the past three days. Interestingly enough it caused one unknown title that had been lying dormant for 11 months to be updated as well (427700).
It doesn't really look like the block starting at LKS is the part of a single multi-game update with all the "18 hours ago" ones. Might just be coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom