• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Does the card drop glitch still work? And if so can someone please link me a tutorial to set it up?
Lost all my bookmarks and such.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OT is ready and will go up when the sale starts.

Hope you're shilling Enhanced Steam to the masses

and I hope the servers stay up, but history tells me that's a fool's errand

Amzin

FFX is good, but with some caveats. It's stable for most of it, but has some hiccups in the latter half, which can be pretty annoying. It runs at 30fps, which wasn't much of a big deal to me, but maybe you can find a 60fps mod out there. Also, the faces were changed from the PS2 version, giving a more... well... anime look? But since you didn't play the PS2 version (and neither did I), I think you should be fine with it.

FFX/X-2 is fantastic on PC. It's locked to 30 fps, but looks great and has some nice PC-exclusive features (like fast-forward). It's well worth it.

FFVI port is blech - http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/382900

OK, kinda what I was expecting, thanks. Will pick up X and continue quietly protesting VI :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bundlestars has the XCOM 2 deluxe edition 62% off for 24 hours

Anno

Yeah, probably because they released it on GOG (DRM-Free), so it wouldn't make sense keeping denuvo in there.

Yeah that would make sense. I didn't notice it hit GOG. Still, it's nice to see someone treat Denuvo as kind of a launch window thing. I wish more companies did.

mp1990

Banned
OK, kinda what I was expecting, thanks. Will pick up X and continue quietly protesting VI :p

I remember jshackles or someone else talking in this thread how there was a mod in the works that would remove the filter that made the game look horrendous, but I'm not sure where that went.

Nyoro SF

It doesn't really look like the block starting at LKS is the part of a single multi-game update with all the "18 hours ago" ones. Might just be coincidence.

Well prior to this there was a small multi-game update that consisted of around 7 games (around 5 days ago?), then we have this new update which encompassed a few of those games as well.

I'm kind of scratching my head at how so many games could be updated at once; maybe they updated their name across multiple stores to say XSEED and Marvelous USA as opposed to just XSEED.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember jshackles or someone else talking in this thread how there was a mod in the works that would remove the filter that made the game look horrendous, but I'm not sure where that went.

There is indeed a mod that removes the bi-linear filter from the game (top link), and it makes it a little more tolerable.

There is also a project (that I'm part of and will probably have more time over the holidays to contribute to) in the works to replace all the character sprites with their SNES counterparts upscaled to the correct resolution.

Hopefully this sets precedent for other Denuvo games too. Saw it on GOG yesterday and was wonder what happens on Steam.

Indeed, and the fact that Mankind Divided got cracked and it costs 100k for a triple A publisher to use denuvo, it's just stupid.

I will buy Hitman after they remove denuvo and the stupid always online for single player game.

so gaf this would be my first steam sale, how do i know if im ready?

Did you go to the bathroom? Do you have your credit card ready? Are you prepared to spend money on games you will never actually play?

If yes, you are ready my friend.

The experience ends with your CC payment btw. and you will wonder how those tiny sums you spent on games amount to this amount of money.

rtcn63

so gaf this would be my first steam sale, how do i know if im ready?

Go to isthereanydeal.com, look up the games you want, and check to see what the historically low prices are. If it goes for less during the steam sale, consider buying it. Also make sure your steam wallet/credit card is prepped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I will buy zero things this ale for the first time ever in a sale.

I wont say the same about the actual proper xmas sale tho

Mine01

You're never ready for your first sale
I'm scared man
Did you go to the bathroom? Do you have your credit card ready? Are you prepared to spend money on games you will never actually play?

If yes, you are ready my friend.

The experience ends with your CC payment btw. and you will wonder how those tiny sums you spent on games amount to this amount of money.

got my card ready, yea. lets hope the damage isnt that big.

Go to isthereanydeal.com, look up the games you want, and check to see what the historically low prices are. If it goes for less during the steam sale, consider buying it. Also make sure your steam wallet/credit card is prepped.
thx for the link!

1- Install enhanced steam
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/

2- use Isthereanydeal.com to asses the best price

3- Feel free to ask steamgaf about any game or price, and we will gladly help out!

Thx for the enhanced steam extension!

Im scared guys, well, my wallet is

Grief.exe

There is indeed a mod that removes the bi-linear filter from the game (top link), and it makes it a little more tolerable.

There is also a project (that I'm part of and will probably have more time over the holidays to contribute to) in the works to replace all the character sprites with their SNES counterparts upscaled to the correct resolution.

I'll probably pick up the game when that is completed, though the new sprites look significantly better when upscaled correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom