• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
FFX is a corridor like XIII but you actually can choose your party members earlier than the 25 hour mark and if you go expert sphere grid you can have some agency with their growths unlike the crystarium. It still has some of XIII's weaknesses but I would say it's still a much better game,

madjoki

BTW. Deus Ex: MD was just cracked today by CPY. 3 months after the release.
RIP Denuvo.

3 months is very good compared to <24h most other protections give.

eg. Linux version of Deus Ex MD was cracked day-one.

I consider Denuvo "dead" when it's cracked within 24 hours. Assuming implementation is properly done as one game that was cracked quickly had just few simple protected functions.

Anno

So that new new binding of Issac coming out, does that make afterbirth obsolete? or is it a free patch for afterbirth?

I got the feeling it was a patch with more stuff for the current game and then Workshop support for modders to carry on with the game now that they're working on a new game.

Mivey

To celebrate me being back, here is a giveaway. Its just stuff from the last few humble bundles that I already owned prior.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mivey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-F9103A0F94D7236C
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-08D24CEA645170CE - Taken by NeoRaider. 1 entrants total.
Spaera (Early Access) -- MB-D977AF5800B4B4E1 - Taken by Jadax. 4 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-F136071A6DDE483D - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Technobabylon -- MB-6C95F2359254949C - Taken by Alex_CWB. 15 entrants total.

t1479924361z1.png

ezodagrom

FFX is a corridor like XIII but you actually can choose your party members earlier than the 25 hour mark and if you go expert sphere grid you can have some agency with their growths unlike the crystarium. It still has some of XIII's weaknesses but I would say it's still a much better game,
There's something about FFX's linearity that doesn't feel so corridor-ish like XIII.

I think that XIII's hallway barely changes other than the different locations (though I can't remember much about XIII's locations anymore), and even then those locations don't even feel like they're connected, it's almost like going from one random location to the next random location.

In X there's... well... different types of corridors I guess? <-<
Switching between wider straightforward corridors and thinner ones with twists and turns, sure it's still a corridor, but it's a bit more varied than XIII's I think. And also, having towns between them makes them feel less forgetable than XIII's, I can't recall what comes after what in XIII.

Anyone following the progress of the FFX 60 FPS mod?
It's not happening, I think.

Googled around a bit and I think it's actually DLC rather than a patch. I don't think it's an entirely new executable or whatever but it doesn't appear to be a free thing after all.

As long as its not a whole new game its fine. As I dont want to buy Afterbirth and then Afterbirth 2.0 comes out and I have to buy a whole new game again.

ExoSoul

Banned

AHHHHHHHHHH!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FFX is like a prototype for FFXIII - literally 90% in both games is just walking through a corridor.

Except puzzles, and optional stuff to do besides optional bosses, and reasons to go back to various places, and the ability to go back to said places and mini-games. And characters whose range of emotions are wider than sulking - slightly sulking.

rtcn63

Asrock z77 only has two Intel (proper) Sata3 ports. The Asmedia ones are apparently crud. That's great for my SSD plans.

Anno

As long as its not a whole new game its fine. As I dont want to buy Afterbirth and then Afterbirth 2.0 comes out and I have to buy a whole new game again.

They describe it as both a mini-DLC and as an expansion in the news updates, which I would take as expanded content on the same game.

Regginator

I don't do CDKeys. I know they're not super shady, but I still don't trust them.

Any specific reason? Because to me my personal order of trust is:

The primary client (Steam, GOG, Origin) > Humble and Indiegala > the usuals (Green Man, GG, CDkey, Gamesplanet) > sites I've personally never used before, but not necessarily untrustworthy >>>> line between grey/shady >> pretty shady (GamesRocket) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2ga/kinguin

Tizoc

AHHHHHHHHHH!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Except puzzles, and optional stuff to do besides optional bosses, and reasons to go back to various places, and the ability to go back to said places and mini-games. And characters whose range of emotions are wider than sulking - slightly sulking.

...and John DiMaggio as Wakka! Or if you prefer, Kazuya Nakai (Zoro in One Piece) as Wakka.

Didn't plan to use an ENB for DD but the game's heavy banding issues kinda forced my hand.
garPHY4.png

Vanilla. Note heavy banding.
mYZenlR.png

ENB. Minimal banding.
Wish I could only use that part of ENB. The color changes and extreme darkness overall are just bad. Will have to search and try out other ENBs to find one with minimal change to vanilla game.
Apart that, the ultra-widescreen fix can't handle the map correctly sadly. So markers and whatnot are all at the wrong places, making it almost useless. Coupled with no progress from the modder since February and the outlook is not so good :'(

I was expecting games to have troubles with 21:9 resolution sooner or later but having had only great experiences with even old games, I got optimistic. And to top it I remember folks touting DD as a great port during release. Oh well, none of them use UWS it seems.
But it's hard to blame or get angry at Capcom. UWS is pretty much a niche and DD was in all likelihood not intended to go to any other platform during initial development. I can't judge how much work, effort and money it would cost Capcom to add proper UWS support, so it's also not easy to say whether they don't care or are lazy either. In the end, all I can say is that it's just a shame and a bummer.
wbacon sometimes posts here but I doubt he reads everything. Would be a very nice surprise to see Capcon go the extra mile ala THQ Nordic and patch that in. They did it after all on a 7 year old game!
Welp I'm ready for PSX '16.
Yep. Always good for new announcements and ports. Will RDR ever come to PC I wonder?
Got a 10 dollar Steam Link, not bad.
You can't just say that an not go into further detail. You tease!
To celebrate me being back, here is a giveaway. Its just stuff from the last few humble bundles that I already owned prior.
Welcome back. Heated topics can quickly become a minefield.
BTW. Deus Ex: MD was just cracked today by CPY. 3 months after the release.
RIP Denuvo.
I recall reading that pubs mostly care about sales in the first 3-6 weeks. They can't be that out of touch with technology to not understand that DRM will be hacked at some point but they got their no-early-piracy.

Whether "effective" DRM like Denuvo will be a magic wand to get all them pirates pay up full-price like they want though on the other hand...... now that's outlandishly out of touch with the reality.

dimmer

The primary client (Steam, GOG, Origin) > Humble and Indiegala > the usuals (Green Man, GG, CDkey, Gamesplanet) > sites I've personally never used before, but not necessarily untrustworthy >>>> line between grey/shady >> pretty shady (GamesRocket) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2ga/kinguin

100% agree

tmarg

Cdkeys seems to be an unauthorized key reseller, which means that they are more similar to g2a/kinguin than the sites you have in their tier. They may be more careful than g2a about where they get their keys, but that kind of purchase has an inherent risk.

Parsnip

Didn't plan to use an ENB for DD but the game's heavy banding issues kinda forced my hand.

Wish I could only use that part of ENB. The color changes and extreme darkness overall are just bad. Will have to search and try out other ENBs to find one with minimal change to vanilla game.

Can't you just edit the enb ini file and disable everything but the precision rendering or whatever it's called there?
Alternately I think reshade also has a deband option that you could try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom