• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
image.php

Seems legit.

:)

lol, yeah, I love space... and spaceships of course :p

Leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Battlepaths -- MB-297D42148286B6C5 - Taken by nightstorm
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-47231B3C25522FDB - Taken by Maniac

Tenrius

you're about to love it a lot more.

The Star Citizen codes are in!!

When is this game supposed to reach playable state or something? I backed it a couple years ago and it's been really confusing: ships this, hangar that, pay additional money to access the arena or something. And all I'm really interested in is the Wing Commander remake. :/

Miguel81

I don't know, I just like the old colors and overall looks more. Especially those suits of armor, the remastered ones look pretty bad with that glitter. The snake is all wrong, too.

There will always be the Dolphin method, even though the brightness slider is useless in that one. I'll pick this one up just to support more Resi Steam releases.

iosefe

When is this game supposed to reach playable state or something? I backed it a couple years ago and it's been really confusing: ships this, hangar that, pay additional money to access the arena or something. And all I'm really interested in is the Wing Commander remake. :/

i have well, people get a game package, which is a ship and game access, then there is the Arena Commander Module, which i believe is dogfighting.

i think that's how it works

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

3 STARS OF DESTINY -- MB-F6ED124D7A9D4227 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Master Reboot -- MB-EFB179C00B7AFE21 - Taken by WinterDemons

Mono

I nearly stopped too, but I remembered it was an hour long game, so I trudged along. It's still definitely not the best writing in the world, but it reads as if it were coming from a broken man, which it is.

I didn't realize it was that short! They really should have dropped a lot more hints of that earlier on so it didn't just seem like particularily awful writing! ;n;

i would have liked the defaults on IJKL instead of the numpad

I'm going to have to change it to that anyway with my compact keyboard! Hopefully using the mouse to control the camera isn't terrible!

Tenrius

i have well, people get a game package, which is a ship and game access, then there is the Arena Commander Module, which i believe is dogfighting.

i think that's how it works

Yeah, that's what I gather as well. I think you can view your hangar even without the Arena Commander Pass though? And the pass is extra $5 even if you have a game package.

As for my actual account, it says I have a ship, some combat armor, 1000 space bucks, some other stuff and... a towel? Someone's being reading The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy way too much (especially if you consider that the Wing Commander remake is called Squadron 42). These references are just so overused I don't appreciate seeing them anywhere anymore.

This was the lowest tier that included the game, basically. I'm really only interested in the single player campaign, all this MMO business gives me a headache.

If only the bossfights were more challenging and Nick a bit more of a man. I mean, that guy is slaughtering literally through thousands of zombies and yet he still is scared everything which actually gets people killed just because he hides behind something and tries not to pee himself in cutscenes.
If only everything about Dead Rising 3 was more challenging.

Miguel81

You're not alone, you and me buddy.
Yw1LzFH.gif

Edit:

You too.

I would almost feel like I was disrespecting the devs after they set up a nice UI for KB/M play, and ended up using a pad(if supported). I have no idea how controllers work for these games, as I never played them on consoles.

Arthea

none of you prefer kb/mouse more than me anyway, I'm known as one who plays racing games with kb/mouse (><)
I don't do that all the time, but often enough, I also play fighting games with kb, pretty much anything, when I think about it.

yuraya

Omg, how do you people aim with a controller?!

I can't even imagine using a controller for ME games. Other than maybe navigating the dialogue menu's with sticks..I really don't see much other use as far as efficiency goes. I don't know how people do it on consoles. Must be torture.

Miguel81

none of you prefer kb/mouse more than me anyway, I'm known as one who plays racing games with kb/mouse (><)
I don't do that all the time, but often enough, I also play fighting games with kb, pretty much anything, when I think about it.

Beats using the horrendous 360 dpad.

I don't know - I tried
and failed miserably
to play the original X-Wing with KB/M back in the mid 90's. I haven't used a peripheral joystick/wheel since 2000.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ohh, so the AMD Star Citizen code does include the single player (Squad 42) campaign.

Combined with the Alien: Isolation preorder bonuses I'm upgrading my pleasant surprise to ultra-pleasant surprise.

Drawn in by the mystery, but turns out I own most of them already, lol
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Sun at Night -- MB-494C369447B41CAA - Taken by The Reloader. 5 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-54B83B7300B9484D - Taken by Jawmuncher. 2 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-54153C38CC742283 - Taken by tylergregg. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-5229FC2E7ACC5DEF - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-17978CD976F1C861 - Taken by D3RANG3D

t1412810867z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Well I accidentally deleted my Games drive. So now I have to download every games again. I'll be offline for a while. If you need me, PM me on GAF. Might take me like a week to download everything again.

iosefe

Well I accidentally deleted my Games drive. So now I have to download every games again. I'll be offline for a while. If you need me, PM me on GAF. Might take me like a week to download everything again.

ouch. lets look on the bright side, though: Steam cloud saves for most games

not all is lost. see you in a week

Chariot

Ouch. My condolences. But how do you accidentally delete a whole drive?

Incidentally, how is Samaritan Paradox?

Nobody listens to me. :(

It's one of the best AGS (old-school graphics) point-and-click adventures that's come out to date. There's some mature subject matter - and it can get revolting - but the voice acting, the puzzles, the story (storIES?) are some of the best I've seen and I've played my share. I'd put it on the same pedestal as the Blackwell series and Cognition.

TL;DR it's good. It's damn good.

Ah, damn.
That really sucks man, deleting my games drive and having to redownload all of it is like one of my biggest worries steam related.

Best of luck with the downloading.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Would recovery software like Recuva help? Unless the hard drive is dead or you've managed to overwrite the whole thing, you should be able to recover something and save yourself some bandwidth and time.

Tenrius

Nobody listens to me. :(

It's one of the best AGS (old-school graphics) point-and-click adventures that's come out to date. There's some mature subject matter - and it can get revolting - but the voice acting, the puzzles, the story (storIES?) are some of the best I've seen and I've played my share. I'd put it on the same pedestal as the Blackwell series and Cognition.

TL;DR it's good. It's damn good.

According to several steamgafers, some guy without a had and some Snake, it's really good. I plan to play it myself, they convinced me.

Well, I bought it months ago because it looked interesting, but have yet to play it. Think I'll go for it over the weekend or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom