• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-7C014FD838DC2323 - Taken by adriano999. 2 entrants total.
Commando Jack -- MB-216DF9C13A73CBE8 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Zoo Park -- MB-0C12DECEE99A9A98 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles: Undeadz -- MB-5BB780DEAFDAB00C - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Haegemonia Double Pack -- MB-6822B028CE32D03E - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Splatter: Blood Red Edition -- MB-F8CA5AC6B81F86D8 - Taken by 7Sins. 3 entrants total.
Dracula Trilogy -- MB-4648A291559F4373 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 4 entrants total.
Dracula 4 and 5 Special Steam Edition -- MB-5AE574B9735B9743 - Taken by The Reloader. 5 entrants total.
FATE: The Traitor Soul -- MB-806FFCAB20529E5D - Taken by TheAutomator. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Solitaire -- MB-6D427682F130F82E - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Post Master -- MB-DBF0B85EA7676F1D - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 1 entrants total.
The Tomorrow War -- MB-B76FD70776A0F509 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-47801682A8905E83 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-2B57EC720B951DD9 - Taken by 19Kilo. 2 entrants total.

t1413835469z1.png

egsesZs.gif

Ugh, of course someone posts a pay it forward raffle while I'm doing this. I postponed this after seeing the last one so I wouldn't have to deal with the whole "lol bundle trash" shit.

Snake pls.

Majukun

once idelmaster has finished getting all the drops for my games,if I buy another game that has cards,all i have to do is restart idlemaster to let it work and get the cards for the new game or do i have to do something else?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
once idelmaster has finished getting all the drops for my games,if I buy another game that has cards,all i have to do is restart idlemaster to let it work and get the cards for the new game or do i have to do something else?

As long as your sessionid and steamLogin cookie data is still current, a restart will work just fine.

Extras from humble bundle, these are not steam keys, mystery game is Trove closed beta
ModBot said:
Instructions for NightmareTrigger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NightmareTrigger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-EE792C6664D175FC - Taken by MillionStabs. 3 entrants total.
Landmark 1 Week Closed Beta Key -- MB-27F861EC3799F334
Defiance Humble Extra Life Starter Pack -- MB-FE43638A958A1750

t1413835769z1.png

Strider

Well I've preloaded both Beyond Earth and Korra today. These 2 along with Bayonetta gonna make for an amazing week of gaming :D

Went with Korra on PS4 since I already had money on PSN. It unlocks in 8 hours or so and I'm hoping to spend a couple hours with it tonight. I'll be sure to drop some impressions.

Payday 2 changed up their skill system and I'm all sorts of fucked up, I some how have less skills and less money than I did before somehow I can now run faster, I just don't even know... I hate when games reset skills but don't tell you what you had unlocked originally.

ArjanN

Dead serious.
They have to strike something good sooner or later.

Revengeance already had a good story. Although 80% of it is in optional codec calls.

I miss some achievements, I still remember I need to cut out an arm in the pagoda level (my last arm), also I need to to VR mission, but I HATE all of them in EVERY Metal Gear game, so I won't do them.

Those are my achievements:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1849-METAL-GEAR-RISING-REVENGEANCE/Cavalieroscuro

I got all the achievements for the Steam version.

I always like the MGS VR missions, but the ones in Revengeance were pretty fucking brutal. A bunch of them pretty much require weird gimmicks you'd have to look up to get the best rank.

IMO the hardest regular achievement was not getting hit at all playing as Sam vs Armstrong in the DLC. The Armstrong fight in the regular game becomes really easy once you know his patterns and you've bought all the upgrades. The fight in the DLC is actually a lot harder, especially if you can't get hit at all.

Hello! I hope you enjoy wrapping up New Vegas and your newfound freetime.

Still have a long way to go. I just got to the strip and finished the Omerta and White Glove Society quests that came from Yes Man's quest. Include this with all four dlcs and I'll be lucky to finish by the end of the year.

I kinda want to bring my mouse with me to work to play while clocked in but I figure that'd be too scumbagish

FloatOn

Still have a long way to go. I just got to the strip and finished the Omerta and White Glove Society quests that came from Yes Man's quest. Include this with all four dlcs and I'll be lucky to finish by the end of the year.

I kinda want to bring my mouse with me to work to play while clocked in but I figure that'd be too scumbagish

do homework at work instead. it's what I do. that gives me time play games at home

less scumbagish!

damn, got the dark souls itch real bad. I loved demon's souls, but i had severe PTSD at the end of that game, a game that i just barely finished by the skin of my teeth. Fucking false king and his level-sucking ability.

With DS1, i ended up crushing the back half of the game after hitting a wall with Sif where i really thought i wouldn't get past him. I ended up grinding for a couple of hours, stumbled upon the stone armor after cautiously exploring the Darkwood Basin, and ending up discovering the zweihander by accident when my Drake Sword broke during a fight with the Quelaag boss. After that, i only really upgraded my sword and moved on to the havel armor set once i got a hold of that and that was pretty much my set up for the remainder of the game.

I was kinda pissed off yesterday that the game didn't let me jump back into the DLC as soon as i wrapped it up but that just means i have to replay an incredibly enjoyable game. It's like they did me a favor.

xBladeM6x

Just realized Korra comes out in 8 hours, when I thought it was days away. I need to remember which day / week / month / year / decade it is more often.

Amzin

Why does Korra unlock in 8 hours for some people? Says 21 hours for me >.> not that it makes any difference, I'll be asleep in 8 and still at work in 21.

gngf123

How is Shan Gui anyway?

For the price I'd probably be happy with some pretty pictures and good music to listen to for a couple of hours.

Arthea

Why does Korra unlock in 8 hours for some people? Says 21 hours for me >.> not that it makes any difference, I'll be asleep in 8 and still at work in 21.

Why does this question come up all the time? (><)
We don't know, yup, it makes no sense, but there are regional unlocking delays.

idle master isnt working for me , the program starts and says that it will start looking for cards of a game but it doesnt say that im playing that game in my steam account , what should i do?

is your steam running? client I mean, I forget sometimes

idle master isnt working for me , the program starts and says that it will start looking for cards of a game but it doesnt say that im playing that game in my steam account , what should i do?

Dr Dogg

So I just fired up a PC with mechanical hard drives in it for the first time in about a month. The NOISE!!! Make it stop! I don't know how you peeps cope. It sounds like a box of dolphins clicking away.

I've only had it go a little wonky on me once. Have you got both your 'sessionid' and 'steamLogin' cookie entered in the settings file? If you have I'd try logging out of Steam and then logging back in again and input them in fresh. What happened to me was I signed out and signed back in without realising and had older details in there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This should work. I apologize if it doesn't.
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

PGP3OVL.png
ALIENS VERSUS PREDATOR CLASSIC 2000 (GOG) -- MB-8543464332668ECC - Taken by Casimir

Gamefly Digital is having a Halloween sale currently. The Walking Dead Survival Instincts is 80% off, and it's a licensed Activision game, so there's the possibility it could be removed from Steam at some point. It's also apparently terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh zky, you've played Hard Reset. How bad enemy waves are at normal difficulty? Do you die a lot?
I tried on hard, was impressed somewhat
hmm i died a fair bit in normal but didn't really enjoy my time with hard reset tbh

like i was expecting something like doom but there's really not that much to the level design and like the morphing gun idea is really cool the first few times but after a while i miss different guns that all look distinct

if you want an old school fps you might as well just play painkiller i think

i'm also like really bad at this type of games so maybe it's really easy for you. i had a lot of trouble with the main campaign and ended up dropping it. looks gorgeous tho!

Arthea

hmm i died a fair bit in normal but didn't really enjoy my time with hard reset tbh

like i was expecting something like doom but there's really not that much to the level design and like the morphing gun idea is really cool the first few times but after a while i miss different guns that all look distinct

if you want an old school fps you might as well just play painkiller i think

nah, not a fan of painkiller, thanks anyways.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You may need to run the application as an administrator if UAC is turned on for your PC.

The reason this happens is that by default in Windows, when UAC (User Account Control) is turned on, an application is not allowed to spawn another application since this is a technique sometimes employed by hackers. Idle Master is completely safe, but in order for it to launch the second application which simulates you being "in-game", you'll need to run the start application as an administrator or adjust your UAC settings.

zkylon

zkylewd
nah, not a fan of painkiller, thanks anyways.

read the edit! :p

oh and also iirc it's not really a wave-type game like the bits i played of painkiller with the rooms closing down and the monster spawning portals

you like push forward and things spawn as you progress, call of duty style, with a few gauntlet sections like in mini boss fights or whatever

basically it's a modern corridor fps with like wider corridors, more aggressive enemies and less chest-high shit so you're forced to circle strafe

but still none of the ridiculous level design that i like about doom so not much i'm interested in

Maniac

Banned
Have no idea, what this means but it will do.
You know, Valve shot our russian bears, they're nearing extinction! I love my russian pricing. :(

But eh, No Russian is a reference to that awful, awful bit where you mow down civilians in MW2, because Infinity Ward be edgy. No Russian Bear is the shizzle, init.

So Warlock Master of the Arcane (which was one of the free games Humble was giving away a few weeks ago) is apparently only available as a complete edition now, and all the DLC has been removed from the Steam store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom