• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
6eWCwkd.png

Finally got the DLC for Go Go Nippon :D

Sch1sm

Eh it's their money. They'll find the value of worth. If they wanna spend 60 and not play it until it's been on sale for 30 oh well. Not like it's hurting any of us. I don't think anyone here is addicted to purchasing that they are starving themselves and their family.

Oh, 100%. This is something we can all agree on. Collectors are going to collect and it has zero impact on us, and hopefully none on their lives. It's stupid method, regardless. That's just an opinion, still. I buy games that I don't play immediately, but that's usually at a time in which it's discounted enough I feel compelled to purchase.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really wonder what the odds are of them doing a really good monthly bundle to encourage future subscribers, then phoning it in from then on.

Pretty much guaranteed. They'll knock it out of the park on the first bundle to draw people in, then the following months will be filled with completely unexciting stuff that's never been featured on Humble before (but has been in other bundles multiple times).

Then you'll get one game every couple of months to keep the WOW factor

Jawmuncher

I feel so left out as a Borderlands hater who is more excited for Tales from the Borderlands e5 than anything else.

Haven't played tales yet, but the world of borderlands and everything positive I have heard from tales. Is one of the reasons I wasn't upset about the movie announcement. As long as they don't feel they're forced to follow something specific from the games. It should be a fun time.

JaseC eats Vegimite Sandwiches all day so he's covered. I dunno about lashman though.
Lol.
Thing is, how do you know people ain't playing it? I don't think you can reasonably say that most people picking up Zestiria now aren't going to play it.

That, and well, how exactly does what people do with their money affect you? :p

There's other games there....

I know. I am not saying people can't use their own money, I just bitch about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmh so I should stay out of here now when the last episode of Life is Strange is out, seeing as I haven't play longer than first?
i've been reading this thread for most of the season without having been spoiled so i think u should be ok if you're not dumb and click on spoiler tags

but ppl like to be stupid and misuse spoilertags to say things like how chloe is gruesomely
bloop
by that
boop
guy

I really wonder what the odds are of them doing a really good monthly bundle to encourage future subscribers, then phoning it in from then on.
they're probably gonna do a good debut, but i don't think "phone it in" will be their style

i mostly wonder if this means regular bundles will be worse

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
every bundle fodder thank you PM I get is one less cyber sex PM from Jawmuncher I get so stop it

its bundle fodder.

stop-baby.gif

You know, I was thinking for a long while how nice it would be to be able for two people to play two separate games at once, running on one PC. With how powerful PCs can be and how less performance older titles and even many newer ones need.

And then today, bam! I see this video. 2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower - Virtualized Gaming Build Log
It's incredible! Exactly what I always wanted to see. Granted, I thought it would be much easier and without the need for Virtualization but it is such an impressive and interesting thing to see actually work. So cool.

The new UPlay client is terrible. I log into it, and I suddenly get 6000 XP for doing nothing, including playing games that I've never even touched.

The "rewards" are organized in a haphazard fashion, some of them don't even activate correctly, and the bottom of the page is filled with social media updates and a goddamn Twitter feed. Looks like some first-year design student vomited all their ideas into one place.

I think I'll pass.

I play all games on PC with mouse and keyboard if it isn't a fighting game.

Platformers too I guess. Other wise every game I play with mouse and keyboard if possible.

For me if it isnt a racing title then a keyboard and mouse is used. Keyboard works quite well with fighting games(especially when you can set up macros to execute FADC and other neat tricks), but I still prefer a stick or controller because of movement.

derExperte

The new UPlay client is terrible. I log into it, and I suddenly get 6000 XP for doing nothing, including playing games that I've never even touched.

The "rewards" are organized in a haphazard fashion, some of them don't even activate correctly, and the bottom of the page is filled with social media updates and a goddamn Twitter feed. Looks like some first-year design student vomited all their ideas into one place.

I think I'll pass.

Client? That's not how my client looks, you mean the new website?

MUnited83

For you.
I wonder if Warren will finally be revealed as the Seven Steps Killer and if Chloe finally confesses her feelings for Rachel.
I also think Kate is going to be the mastermind behind it all.

But the real question is if
Dumbledore
actually died.

Messiah

I wonder if Warren will finally be revealed as the Seven Steps Killer and if Chloe finally confesses her feelings for Rachel.
I also think Kate is going to be the mastermind behind it all.

But the real question is if
Dumbledore
actually died.

I just want to go Ape.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, Mad Max, for crashing seconds before the finish line of a really annoying Death Run.

Sober

Maybe 4 months. 6 months if people are lucky.

That or they discontinue the weekly bundles so they have more fodder to work with.

I mean let's be honest after month 3 I'm sure the bundles won't be able to keep up with better-known indies to fill the entire thing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom