• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish there was more triss in witcha 3, if i knew it was gonna be yennefer yennefer yennefer all the time i would've picked her only so that she's not hating on me all the time :T

CDPR is actually making a romance balance patch (believe it) to give the Triss side of things more dialog and focus than before. No idea on the ETA or how it'll work exactly, but they have mentioned it several times now so I'd assume it's going to happen.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i've been told undertale is interesting like half a dozen times

got a couple ppl on steam messaging me about it, it's weird

CDPR is actually making a romance balance patch (believe it) to give the Triss side of things more dialog and focus than before. No idea on the ETA or how it'll work exactly, but they have mentioned it several times now so I'd assume it's going to happen.
yeah just not soon enough i guess

i'm guessing i'm super close to the end game since i just finished doing some
crossdressing and last stand planning at kaer mohren
, so i think i'll just have to youtube it i guess

i think the triss vs yen stuff is kind of mishandled cos
after three games of triss i can't really imagine geralt with anybody else and you're kind of forced to make a decision pretty early in the game

i dunno, i wish i was led into the yen road more smoothly i guess

The whole romance thing in Witcher 3 is so ridiculous that I really don't know more focus would improve it in anyway.

If you bone
both Triss and Yen
there's a mission near end of the game where they
tie you to the bed for the night
ALL WHILE IT'S LIKE THE END OF THE WORLD IF THEY DON'T DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW.

Like literal end of the world as they know it. And they decide to pull a BDSM prank on the only one who can stop it.

What the hell was CDPR thinking. Why wasn't that post game content?

Same for the friggin'
crossdressing part

I'm hoping I can get my freak on with Triss when the love makin' patch hits even though I've already beaten the game, I hope I still have a save before I did NG+ too.

Another side quest or two with Triss would do, I think.

The whole romance thing in Witcher 3 is so ridiculous that I really don't know more focus would improve it in anyway.

If you bone
both Triss and Yen

Like literal end of the world as they know it. And they decide to pull a BDSM prank on the only one who can stop it.

Same for the friggin'
crossdressing part

If the world may be going to end tomorrow, why don't we do something ridiculous while we're still alive?

If you bone
both Triss and Yen

Same for the friggin'
crossdressing part
The world is not ending, at least not their world. They just have some bad guys going after Geralt and Yen's daughter.

The world is not ending, at least not their world. They just have some bad guys going after Geralt ad Yen's daughter...

... to end the world (or make it a barren wasteland or something) with the magic elfie power that the daughter has in her blood, right?

Something like that.

Uzzy

I think you're mistaken. This is clearly the animu lovers not so anonymous and football casuals (not what you think it means) meet up thread.

Sometimes we even combine the two.

erIAdA1.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
the world is potentially ending

or so they keep saying

i don't generally like romance in games because it usually feels like it leads up to you having sex with the character then not talking to them again. in fact i really enjoyed how witcha 2 managed to circle around this by making triss pretty much impossible not to get on with because she's so damn cool and likeable and also because you're not giving a dumb choice like in 1 and 3.

in 3
we're back to romance as a quest line and that's it, at least for triss' part, it doesn't feel tied into the main story like in witcha 2 when the second you sleep with her she quite literally vanishes not to be seen anymore in the game. and then it's yen yen yen and i feel like i made the wrong choice

or something

i don't like romance in rpgs, it's dumb

I actually really like love interests in RPG's, it makes me think I would actually like those Japanese smut games you guys are always going on about, but I'm afraid I might like them a little too much.

... to end the world (or make it a barren wasteland or something) with the magic elfie power that the daughter has in her blood, right?

Something like that.
They need her so they could
master their world crossing abilities, to save their dying elven world by either enslaving even more people, or move its population to a new one.

They need her so they could
master their world crossing abilities, to save their dying elven world by either enslaving even more people, or move its population to a new one.

Essential ending the world as they know it.

edit: Actually, the whole baddies world crossing thing is kinda dumb in the game. They can show up nearly anywhere at any time but still
Ciri and the other elf can escape with a row boat because the enemies don't want to get their feet wet
so I guess the mastering part does make sense because they are so bad at it.

IGN review pronounced Jotun with a hard J :/
Essential ending the world as they know it.
Not really, no.
edit: Actually, the whole baddies world crossing thing is kinda dumb in the game. They can show up nearly anywhere at any time but still
Ciri and the other elf can escape with a row boat because the enemies don't want to get their feet wet
so I guess the mastering part does make sense because they are so bad at it.
They need a navigator to help them teleport, and when the other elf is also
a master of teleport and capable of literally vaporizing Wild Hunt soldiers
, I wouldn't want to rush after them either.

So, I've been playing F.3.A.R.

Honestly? I was led to believe over the last 4 years that this game was complete, utter garbage.

On one hand, that is completely and undeniably correct. The horror aspect, or rather, what attempts to be horror, is pitiful. The game mechanics don't blend with it, and the appearances of Alma has been so destroyed and watered down to be "oh, it's just her again" that is it utterly disappointing. Gone are the days of the bone-chilling F.E.A.R. appearances or the unnerving F.E.A.R. 2 appearances. She shows up, protecting you, or just looking at you. It's not even unsettling. She just kind of... Doesn't do shit.

Gameplay wise, though? The game is actually tremendously fun. The gunplay is very arcadey, and feels tight on the Xbox One controller I was using - and the mouse and keyboard that I tested it on as well. Throwing yourself into slow motion and pumping a few shotgun shells into some enemies, sliding around and kicking them into the air is just fantastic. It's fast paced, the AI is... okay, but not comparable to even the second game let alone the amazing first. I could have definitely appreciated this a lot more if it was a game ala Call of Juarez Gunslinger - better yet, a new IP rather than a spinoff.

It's pretty alright. I got the entire franchise for 5 bucks a few years ago. It was very much worth it. FEAR > F3AR > FEAR 2.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
p.s. duckroll legit scares me because he locks muh topics

Your topics are so logically consistent they lock themselves - when the Ozium arguments rise up to form a perfect circle, nothing more can or needs to be added

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't like romance cos it's specially bad and like "reward driven". i hate how love relationships in videogames end with sex, that's so weird and gross.

it's why i liked how triss was handled in witcha 2 so much, sex was just a normal thing between her and geralt, and it happened mid game and things just moved on and those characters, you know, keep talking to each other after sleeping together? like real human beings?

it really sucks that they couldn't figure it out for triss in witcha 3

Honestly? I was led to believe over the last 4 years that this game was complete, utter garbage.

On one hand, that is completely and undeniably correct. The horror aspect, or rather, what attempts to be horror, is pitiful. The game mechanics don't blend with it, and the appearances of Alma has been so destroyed and watered down to be "oh, it's just her again" that is it utterly disappointing. Gone are the days of the bone-chilling F.E.A.R. appearances or the unnerving F.E.A.R. 2 appearances. She shows up, protecting you, or just looking at you. It's not even unsettling. She just kind of... Doesn't do shit.

Gameplay wise, though? The game is actually tremendously fun. The gunplay is very arcadey, and feels tight on the Xbox One controller I was using - and the mouse and keyboard that I tested it on as well. Throwing yourself into slow motion and pumping a few shotgun shells into some enemies, sliding around and kicking them into the air is just fantastic. It's fast paced, the AI is... okay, but not comparable to even the second game let alone the amazing first. I could have definitely appreciated this a lot more if it was a game ala Call of Juarez Gunslinger - better yet, a new IP rather than a spinoff.

It's pretty alright. I got the entire franchise for 5 bucks a few years ago. It was very much worth it. FEAR > F3AR > FEAR 2.

i didn't give it long to get tired of fear 3

something about how it played and how it felt like it wasn't really built to be played singleplayer frustrated me really fast

like, i didn't even get out of the prison

The only way you get "bro-op shooter" out of the FEAR license is when you strap said license onto a wobbly original IP with a solid gameplay loop.

It's a terrible game with no redeeming qualities as far as FEAR games go... It's the same sort of reasoning that led to The Bureau. This line of reasoning is almost always a mistake.

Not really, no.
They need a navigator to help them teleport, and when the other elf is also
a master of teleport and capable of literally vaporizing Wild Hunt soldiers
, I wouldn't want to rush after them either.

But they are already rushing after them on full force so...

aw350

Banned

Thanks for that.

I was feeling hesitant about wishlisting the series, because FEAR 2 for some inexplicable reason is unavailable in my region, but since it's probably not the best of the series, I'll just wishlist the other two.

Copons

OT: yesterday night I've seen Inside Out and I cried like a crybaby and I still have watery eyes the morning after, totally best Pixar movie after WALL·E + kinda cool Office US reunion with Parks&Rec and agent Cooper making monkey sounds.

Naarmight

No Games? October looks great with Transformers to open (plesae be good) and Binding of Isaac expansion to close (why is this not on the OP?)

Also Rebel galaxy looks interesting, will be interested to see if that is any good

No Games? October looks great with Transformers to open (plesae be good) and Binding of Isaac expansion to close (why is this not on the OP?)

Also Rebel galaxy looks interesting, will be interested to see if that is any good

Most importantly, Life Is Strange Episode 5 is due out the 20th. I can't wait to see how Dontnod wraps things up.

October is amazing if you don't limit yourself to Steam

Dragon Quest Heroes
Disgaea 5
Zestiria
Trails in the Sky SC (#believe)
Superbeat Xonic
Corpse Party Blood Drive
Super Meat Boy on Vita
More Binding of Isaac

insane

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Dragon Quest Heroes
Disgaea 5
Zestiria
Superbeat Xonic
Corpse Party Blood Drive
Super Meat Boy on Vita
More Binding if Isaac

insane
Yep, I want approximately zero of those games.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Dragon Quest Heroes
Disgaea 5
Zestiria
Superbeat Xonic
Corpse Party Blood Drive
Super Meat Boy on Vita
More Binding if Isaac

insane

I want Corpse Party and will probably get Disgaea 5 much later so it's pretty alright and pretty light on the wallet.

milena87

I'd actually buy the AC games I'm missing (everything after Black Flag) and even buy Syndicate close to release, but what is stopping me is that damn Uplay and no Steam Achievements.

Thankfully there are a lot of other games to play, but I kinda miss my yearly AC fix. They might be repetitive, but I love exploring those worlds.

Milamber

I think I'm done with games past Zestiria, Fallout 4 and Dogma. I can't keep up anymore with these things. I'd probably pick up interest again on Summer sale 2016.

dex3108

Do it. You know you want to.

I mean I like banter between twins and light humor that both Jacob and Evie are presenting in cutscenes, I like London (in general I like OW locations in games). So I will probably buy it by the end of the year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The press package actually served no real purpose these days. Press/Valve accounts can just "buy" any game they want for free on the store page.

Yeah, I know, but holders have lost a whole bunch of stuff that's no longer on the store.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
October has a lot of promising niche horror games coming out, and the last couple of months have had some quite good indie horror games hit, so I'm set for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom