• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam says my password is incorrect, but it's right.

Nheco

First: I use a password manager and use 2f auth on my cellphone, so I'm pretty sure I'm not hacked.

I think it's some issue in their end, but what's is freaking me up is the fact when I access my profile trough a browser, it shows that I have ZERO games (and I have almost 3k games).

It's just me?

PirateHearts

Neo Member
Looks like Steam is definitely having some troubles right now. I can't log in on mobile, no games are showing up in Greenlight, etc.

Had the same issue an hour ago. Changed password just in case, even though Steam was probably down.

(Plus I had been meaning to change password for a while)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well that didn't last long.

"Down for the entire day" they said :lol. Didn't last an hour.

Something tells me the Steam sale traffic is higher than what these script kiddies can muster with their botnets

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I use a password manager and had this problem, too.

Here's what you need to do: check your password and remember the last character of your random password. Paste your password in, delete the last character and retype it manually. It should work now.

Besides server issues, something that happens sometimes to me (because I have the recall power of a fish with Alzheimer's) is that unlike many other services, Steam wants specifically your Steam username and won't take your email address. It always trips up my first try.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I use a password manager and had this problem, too.

Here's what you need to do: check your password and remember the last character of your random password. Paste your password in, delete the last character and retype it manually. It should work now.

There was a problem once upon a time where steam did not limit the length of your password when you set a password, but did limit the length of your password when you logged in -- resulting in cases where people who use password managers were locked out because they couldn't type their full passwords. I believe this was fixed in 2013-2014.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There was a problem once upon a time where steam did not limit the length of your password when you set a password, but did limit the length of your password when you logged in -- resulting in cases where people who use password managers were locked out because they couldn't type their full passwords. I believe this was fixed in 2013-2014.

This has definitely happened to me within the last 6 months. I was setting up family sharing with a friend.

Top Bottom