• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

People talking about CS:GO makes me want to at least try it.O_ o Haven't played CS since it was a mod haha... also, I feel old.T_T

ViviOggi

Mik has plenty of keys already... :3

mikjagger.PNG

R7sOkeM.gif

Jawmuncher

I gotta cleaning out my friends list. I don't even know some people or even talk to them before.

I like keeping my friends list as dirty as possible.
Makes it a surprise when I already have added someone I forgot or if someone decides to just talk to me and I have to look up their Gaf name.

DukeBobby

Before entering this thread, I had no idea what games were coming out. That'll teach me to take a break from gaming.

Looks like there's a few good 'uns this month.

Nzyme32

Ah another wonderful thread and great recommendations! And if you see it, congrats on the new job MrOrange, I hope everything is perfect for you.

In completely non-Steam news - I discovered a RPG maker game called "OFF" by Mortis Ghost, and I love it so far... it makes no sense but is mysterious and weird enough that it has me hooked, and the music helps create a great atmosphere for something with such flat environments but crazy and sometimes creepy and disturbing characters.

Here's a little Vinesauce playthrough of the first parts - http://youtu.be/YJZYexnjN50?t=31s

BruteUA

That Pinball FX2 Starfighters table, so awesome. Some pinball, some Galaga, then being in the cockpit of an X-Wing blasting TIEs. Very nice, grab it before the sale's over.

Ryne

New month, new thread, nice.

Got to by that costume quest 2, where is liezryou with my fix?

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-EA92A68E4FBFDBAF - Taken by trailmix16

madjoki

Now to score some new cheap AMD bundle codes for Alien Isolation. That game is available cheap through so many places but AMD bundle would probably be even cheaper. Obviously some people will go for Star Citizen too.

Actually any code given after 23th August can be used with new promo until 7th Sept. (I think they extended time, to not hamper sales). Should be good enough if you plan instantly redeeming.

dreamfall

Goodness, it's September already?!

So behind on life / waiting for GTA V on PC. Maybe picking up Dead Rising 3 in the meantime...

Ozium

oh I must say the gushing over Pinball FX2 has me really perturbed...
tell me, those who claim it is amazingly fun.. have you ever played an actual pinball machine?

every Pinball FX2 table I've played is so boring and insipid and has virtually no challenge in keeping the ball alive to the point that it just becomes tedious to play..

Pinball Arcade FTW

Asgaro

Fresh thread. Fresh keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-C8658A6DCE375D37 - Taken by Perun. 2 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack -- MB-EFA7ED3266EC87D5 - Taken by Purkake4
Rising Storm -- MB-A1C04260D8E2FC1B
Killing Floor -- MB-D756BEF952D2B090 - Taken by Dusk Golem

t1409534373z1.png

iosefe

tell me, those who claim it is amazingly fun.. have you ever played an actual pinball machine?

every Pinball FX2 table I've played is so boring and insipid and has virtually no challenge in keeping the ball alive to the point that it just becomes tedious to play..

Pinball Arcade FTW
even just the four that comes with the console release. 4 great tables. I love me some Black Hole

Ozium

even just the four that comes with the console release. 4 great tables. I love me some Black Hole

yes.. Black Hole is an amazing table and was made over 20 years ago for crying out loud! oh they had the 4 pack during the summer seal for a penny... a damned PENNY.

Turfster

Yeah, I should get one of the new gold vouchers eventually and pick up star citizen, alien isolation and habitat.

Forgot to list Gamefly's back 2 school sale:
  • Borderlands GOTY 75% off
  • Brick Force Starter Box 80% off
  • Cities in Motion 2 75% off
  • Manhunter 60% off
  • Skyrim Legendary 40% off
  • Solar Fllux 80% off
  • Super Sanctum TD 80% off
  • Supreme Commander 80% off
  • Amazing Spiderman 2 33% off
  • Chains of Satinav 75% off
  • LEGO Movie:The Videogame 75% off
  • Thunder Wolves 75% off

Anteater

I guess the blurriness in State of Decay is from the built-in AA solution with Cryengine

make a user.cfg in the game's directory and include:

r_UseEdgeAA = 0
r_PostMSAAEdgeFilterNV = 0

game will be sharp again but you'll need to use your own AA method.

maneil99

I guess the blurriness in State of Decay is from the built-in AA solution with Cryengine

r_UseEdgeAA = 0

Doesn't State of Decay use UE3

Jawmuncher

r_UseEdgeAA = 0

It was messing up for someone who had AMD when they tried that just a headsup to anyone.

BruteUA

Pinball Arcade FTW

Yes, I have played actual pinball. My uncle restores classic machines for a living and I grew up playing a wide variety of tables and some badass old arcade cabinets. Virtual pinball will never be a substitute for the real thing, but FX amuses me.

Dr. Who Legacy in-game items code (IGN Prime reward):
6975-9364-3835-8366

I honestly appreciate the kindness of people in this thread so I won't say "Nice thread by the way.'

Deitus

I didn't realize it was time for a new thread already. I keep forgetting about that whole timezone thing.

nice thread title btw =)

fallout

the two are not really analogous at all though

unless you are some rabid anti-drug person
I was kind of phrasing it as: "Take something you enjoy that isn't really all that addictive and suggest something in a similar vein that will control and probably ruin your life."

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Also because I've never heard anyone saying something like "I'll quit Civ whenever I want".

I can always quit Civ whenever I want. Just....one more turn okay? I just want to attack this city, then I'll stop. Maybe just until this technology is ready, kay? One more turn, that's all I need, I swear! I CAN CONTROL IT!

Grief.exe

I recommended Fable this month.
I might not even get to it because of Xenoblade.
It'll still be a good game I promise.

The original PC port is still very good, would be perfectly acceptable even if you don't want to pay for the new version.

I think I will wait for 3DS Xenoblade.

BPoole

I'm having a weird issue with Steam games online. In CSGO, the server browser does not give me any servers, but I can go to my favorites tab and play just fine. Killing Floor does the exact same thing. Now, with Dark Souls 2,i can't play any CO op or get invaded.

Thing to note, about two weeks ago my HDD fried and I am running Steam on a fresh install of Windows. Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom