• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Here it is, should be a few people who still don't have it. I got them from GMG so I don't know if there'll be any region issues.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Remember Me #2 -- MB-BBEDCF6C77AB63F3 - Taken by EzioCroft. 35 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-69F2C61B0035C3DE - Taken by someguyinahat. 14 entrants total.
Remember Me #3 -- MB-B7B8620C91395793 - Taken by wilflare. 44 entrants total.

t1411816915z1.png

Well today is my birthday and I'm one year closer to the dreaded 30.

One of the cool things about your birthday is getting e-mails from websites you registered on like 10 years ago wishing you happy birthday.

I'll try and do a nice giveaway later on today to celebrate.
:D HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY <3

Arthea

It looks shit, it plays awful and most things are awful.

I don't believe you!

Thanks mate, really cheered me up! Haha.
You can count on me!
I'm so good at this, living up to my party pooper shtick comes so easy and natural, it's scary (><)

Technological singularity may be closer that we think, so not necessarily.
Required reading.

you know what's funny, I think I have it, maybe I need to move it up to the top of my reading now list?

Sendou

Well today is my birthday and I'm one year closer to the dreaded 30.

One of the cool things about your birthday is getting e-mails from websites you registered on like 10 years ago wishing you happy birthday.

I'll try and do a nice giveaway later on today to celebrate.

Happy birthday :)

So Shadows of Mordor seems like a solid game just seeing the reviews? Cool. Not big on Tolkien lore but maybe I can enjoy the game despite that.

rtcn63

Mordor plays like AssCreed? So it's high scores are near equivalent to AssCreed's high scores? Yeah go fuck off reviewers.

rtcn63

... but what if it's not boring unlike AssCreed?

To be fair, I didn't mind the base gameplay of ACIV/Freedom Cry too much, but it still wasn't the most enjoyable action game. And I have no interest in the Lord of Rings (though I've seen all the movies).

Shadownet

Banned
For those still on the fence about Ethan Carter and if you should pick it up for a Friday treat, my review:

Very recommended. You probably know my taste and that I love what many call "walking simulators" but this is something a little bit more. It's a very special short story that isn't the most original idea around, but it certainly makes for a really good trip.

Ladies and Gentlemen now this is how you write a review. This is wonderful Cheesecake. It put my review to shame >__> Lol but I'm assume you actually do this for a living. But yeah the game is quite short though I wasted half an hour already just running around and looking at everything I've encountered so far. You could really lose yourself in the world.

Also Happy Birthday Ruruja :D 30 is the new 21. Since youre only 29, You're still super young! I hope your day will be amazing my friend!

Sini

Nobody cared yesterday, but GRID 2 is on the new releases tab because they released Mac build and decided to change Win version release date as well.

Grief.exe

Any words on the quality of the Mordor PC port? Seem to remember that pubs only sent out console review copies which doesn't sound good to me.

Seems they did send out review code for the PC version a few days ago. The port is looking fairly good to, with Monolith adding a good deal of,graphical effects.

Nobody cared yesterday, but GRID 2 is on the new releases tab because they released Mac build and decided to change Win version release date as well.

Genius.

FloatOn

I need to investigate my pc specs. I built it ~3 years ago.

I think I have a Radeon HD 6880 and a six core Phenom chip.

I'm screwed out of playing Mordor and Evil Within right?

MUnited83

For you.
Doesn't mean it's region locked, most countries are running the same version.

It actually means exactly that, it's region locked. This kind of region lock is being more and more used exactly because you don't have to do separate versions. You can have everyone get the exact same Sub, and it will still be locked if you buy it on Eastern European or Asian territories.

Knurek

you know what's funny, I think I have it, maybe I need to move it up to the top of my reading now list?

Well, Bear is not someone I would for people wanting a literary experience (Lem, Vonnegut or Stephenson would be my picks then), but if you're not annoyed by, say, Asimov or Heinlein's prose, the plot of the book is well worth it.

It actually means exactly that, it's region locked. This kind of region lock is being more and more used exactly because you don't have to do separate versions. You can have everyone get the exact same Sub, and it will still be locked if you buy it on Eastern European or Asian territories.
If you can buy it in your region, and it won't cease to function when you go outside of that region, then it's not region locked. So what if you can't trade it?

derExperte

I need to investigate my pc specs. I built it ~3 years ago.

I think I have a Radeon HD 6880 and a six core Phenom chip.

I'm screwed out of playing Mordor and Evil Within right?

6870 or 6850, there's no 6880. How much VRAM? And what cpu exactly? They'll run but you'll have to drop down a few settings.

Heh, I'm using the same one, I find the front panel volume too low, usually have it set above 70%.

I had a cheap old one before, but it made some noise, thats you can hear easily if you wear a headphone and have the volume on the speaker high.
Thats why I needed to buy a new one.

But seriously. It is really a whole new world. Watching anime, movies and shows like that as well as games, you can really hear things you couldnt hear before. Like I watched some anime yesterday and you can even understand what the people in the background of a bar are talking about.

MUnited83

For you.
If you can buy it in your region, and it won't cease to function when you go outside of that region, then it's not region locked. So what if you can't trade it?

"If it's not region locked then 50 dollars is fair."

Does not compute. The price jacking up from 30$ to 50$ on his store is not fair, and it's not the fact that it's region free that makes it fair(especially when all the cheapest versions are "region free" as well)

I posted about it in the indie thread, but I may also post it here as well since some of you may get interested:

What's up with these Kickstarters with awesome art directions?

Bedlam - A post-apocalyptic roguelike RPG featuring our unique blitz battle system - Inspired by great games like The Banner Saga, FTL and XCOM.

4fce66e5e1839e46511529208f67455a_large.gif

They have some experienced folks working on the game like John Mueller (ex-Virgil, art director from Darksiders), Kevin Riepl (composer of Gears of War and Unreal), Sam Gage (Lead Visual Effects Artist on Darksiders) etc.

515e6e83c7e4bb40b9912e562e8e2640_large.jpg

The game is being built on the same engine as The Banner Saga, from the Kickstarter page:

BEDLAM is a strategic single-player roguelike role-playing game, created for the PC and Mac utilizing 'The Banner Saga' engine.

The player is cast as the mysterious Mechanic, the last known member of a once-thriving guild of brilliant inventors, intrepid travelers and operators of the rolling fortresses called Dozers.

As the Mechanic, you are in charge of commanding your crew in battles, managing your resources, improving your Dozer, interacting with various characters, and protecting your passengers while navigating through the post-apocalyptic wasteland known as Bedlam.

Remember – One chance and one crew to make it through!

fe40f05018f700328ede1107961c8559_large.gif

"If it's not region locked then 50 dollars is fair."

Does not compute. The price jacking up from 30$ to 50$ on his store is not fair, and it's not the fact that it's region free that makes it fair(especially when all the cheapest versions are "region free" as well)
Oh please, Singapore got the price befit its people's incomes. You might get all worked up over the price increase, but that changes nothing.

Edit: Actually 50 is not bad at all, it's still 60 here in Taiwan, where the GDP per capita is lower.

Vuze

Watched some (new?) trailer from yesterday on Witcher 3 and it looks so magnificent... I hope I will be able to get along with the combat system and that CDPR can deliver what they promise.

Turns out that Steamworld Dig is actually really fun. I'm glad i picked it up for less than a dollar because I'm really enjoying it.

Quick question: when it comes to my own personal light, how to i either extend it or replenish it? I find myself going into some deep digs and running out of light can be a bit annoying.

Copons

Turns out that Steamworld Dig is actually really fun. I'm glad i picked it up for less than a dollar because I'm really enjoying it.

Quick question: when it comes to my own personal light, how to i either extend it or replenish it? I find myself going into some deep digs and running out of light can be a bit annoying.

Enemies (as well as random loot) can drop health, water or light (flame icon).

Also, your light reserve can be incrementally upgraded at the stores on the surface.

Knurek

I posted about it in the indie thread, but I may also post it here as well since some of you may get interested:

BEDLAM is a strategic single-player roguelike role-playing game, created for the PC and Mac utilizing 'The Banner Saga' engine.

Isn't that just the polite way of saying it uses Adobe Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom