• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

I almost preordered the evil within. But then I pissed my pants just watching the new trailer, so I figure I won't be able to play the game without having a heart attack.

Also region locked xD

I almost preordered the evil within. But then I pissed my pants just watching the new trailer, so I figure I won't be able to play the game without having a heart attack.

Also region locked xD

Didn't stop me.
GMG with 25% off... not the best deal ever, but considering I only pay $40ish for games that I think will be entirely worth it and plan to play day 1? I'm so fucking amped (and terrified) for The Evil Within I can't even put it into words.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

1396911941509.gif

-MD-

Didn't stop me.
GMG with 25% off... not the best deal ever, but considering I only pay $40ish for games that I think will be entirely worth it and plan to play day 1? I'm so fucking amped (and terrified) for The Evil Within I can't even put it into words.

Preording The Evil Within is the most I've paid for a game in nearly 3 years, I gotta have it day 1.

586e84.gif

Preording The Evil Within is the most I've paid for a game in nearly 3 years, I gotta have it day 1.

You're damn skippy!

I have a pretty good track record in my "full price" releases. The last 3 I remember on PS3 prior to building my PC were MGR:R, Dark Souls, and RE6. All games I loved and spent more than 40 hours on each (RE6 was almost 90, and DS was over 100).

As far as PC goes, the most expensive game I've purchased was Dark Souls 2 and that ended up being worth every penny.

Skyzard

Banned
Hope I have the balls when it comes time to get Evil Within and Alien Isolation. Will work on the funds for now.

Yes I quite appreciate this as well. But for people who does not know Lord of the Rings very well. it's a bit confusing.

Worth the 'straight to the action' intro for me. Very satisfying. Really liking the pacing of the game so far, even if I've ran into the odd unfair situation.

Welp, just got lucky with this card drop.

What should I price it at?

Put it at something that will sell before someone else gets one... but where you still get a good chunk. Just don't get greedy. I'd say you get $10 or buyer pays no more than $15?

Worth the 'straight to the action' intro for me. Very satisfying. Really liking the pacing of the game so far, even if I've ran into the odd unfair situation.

Life isn't fair.

Your avatar is making you mean.

Everyone's mean to frost -- it's like... one of those thread rules MR. ORANGE keeps going on and on about -- y'know, SteamGAF etiquette 101:

• State the thread moves fast
  • Tell us about your wishlist
  • Ask about the next sale
  • Ask us about a game's worth, especially when it goes on sale.
  • Ask us about region locks.
  • Show us the card that just dropped
  • Tell us more about your waifus
  • We need to know what you had for lunch
  • Be mean to frost
  • Expect ridiculous giveaways on every page
  • When giveaways aren't for ridiculously expensive games, ignore them as if they're bundle fodder
  • Forget about all the legendary givers just because they haven't shown up and gifted anything in awhile
  • White knight people for ridiculous causes
  • Don't white knight when someone might actually need some support
  • GIFs, GIFs, GIFs
  • Buy games, stop posting about them, and go play them.

Well, you get the idea... ;)

Lomax

How the hell can they only offer Almost?
Is this the case like with Tomb Raider where some really dumb DLC was in Sleeping Dogs like Markliplier?

Some of the DLC was just cheats/time savers, presumably they didn't integrate those.

Everyone's mean to frost -- it's like... one of those thread rules MR. ORANGE keeps going on and on about -- y'know, SteamGAF etiquette 101:

• State the thread moves fast
  • Tell us about your wishlist
  • Ask about the next sale
  • Ask us about a game's worth, especially when it goes on sale.
  • Ask us about region locks.
  • Show us the card that just dropped
  • Tell us more about your waifus
  • We need to know what you had for lunch
  • Be mean to frost
  • Expect ridiculous giveaways on every page
  • When giveaways aren't for ridiculously expensive games, ignore them as if they're bundle fodder
  • Forget about all the legendary givers just because they haven't shown up and gifted anything in awhile
  • White knight people for ridiculous causes
  • Don't white knight when someone might actually need some support
  • GIFs, GIFs, GIFs
  • Buy games, stop posting about them, and go play them.

Well, you get the idea... ;)

You forgot *Whine about how the community doesn't behave the way you think they should

Welp, just got lucky with this card drop.

What should I price it at?

I'd think realistically you should be able to get at least $10 for it, though you could certainly try for more. If you want a fast sale I'd bet $5 would go very quick.

kodecraft

Pre-ordered TEW on STEAM today. I'm all in and won't miss this Resident Evil 4.5.

Also, I'm not scared of the PC requirements. I don't meet them, but doubt it wont run on my machine. 1080p/60fps is the most important thing to me. Let's go!

586e84.gif

Let's do it!!

Some of the DLC was just cheats/time savers, presumably they didn't integrate those.

That would be my guess too. The Top Dog Gold/Silver Packs and probably the High Roller Pack (since that stuff can be earned in-game) are the ones not included. The Red Envelope Pack could be out too since it's just money but no idea.

Parsnip

Shadow of Mordor is pretty fun.
But it's not as much AC as I hoped for and doesn't quite scratch that itch as much as I expected. Needs more buildings and shit or something. I also keep dying a lot because the combat doesn't quite feel as responsive and isn't as engaging as Batman has been for me, so I get easily mashy and then I end up dying.

Miguel81

Shadow of Mordor is pretty fun.
But it's not as much AC as I hoped for and doesn't quite scratch that itch as much as I expected. Needs more buildings and shit or something. I also keep dying a lot because the combat doesn't quite feel as responsive and isn't as engaging as Batman has been for me, so I get easily mashy and then I end up dying.

Does forced triple buffering + vsync work on SoM? I've read complaints of in-game vsync being double-buffered and causing unresponsiveness.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really hate how the taskbar icon of Steam doesn't change to show that it's updating/downloading unlike the old icon. Please telly me there's a way to make the icon show that it's downloading something?

Parsnip

Does forced triple buffering + vsync work on SoM? I've read complaints of in-game vsync being double-buffered and causing unresponsiveness.

It has borderless windowed mode, so people should use that instead of vsync.

Yeah, I'm using borderless as well.
Gonna have to try some stuff tomorrow and see if it's something on my end or what. It's not unplayable or anything though, so even if it remains like this I'll keep rolling forward.

What are the advantages of borderless windows mode?
Alt tabbing works better because it's a window.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey I just realized I have a copy of Cho Dengeki Stryker from the sale. I think I got it for someone but they ended up not contacting me. If you want it. PM me. It was on sale for $20. I can't remember what the Russian price is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom