• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2016 dates leak - June 23 to July 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

I want to buy a lot of games:
Dragon's Dogma
MGS5
Fallout 4
XCOM 2
Doom
Salt and Sanctuary
DS2/3
Wolfenstein
DLC W3
Darkest Dungeon
SuperHot

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Woo hoo my first summer sale!

Honestly between waiting to find a 1070 to buy, and saving for a monitor, I probably won't go nuts. Maybe I'll see how far I can go with $20.

DrArchon

I'm ready for this.

All I ask is that Trails in the Sky SC goes on sale, because for whatever reason it didn't go on sale during the big Anime sale a few months ago. That's all I need right now.

I mean, I'll still end up spending way too much money on games I'll never play, but that's all I NEED to buy.

Can someone explain the card thing?
You mean in general: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards

Or do you mean during sales? That is simple too you get the cards belonging tot he sale badge in one of 3 ways:
*Crafting badges. This replaces the coupon you would otherwise get (I find coupons largely useless so only ever craft during these sale periods)
*Spending money
*Free daily ones form site actions. Last Christmas it was viewing titles in your discovery queue but before it has included other site actions voting for things to go on sale.

The cards expire shortly after the sale.

If you're not interested in the cards just sell them on the marketplace (remember you need to have the steam mobile authentictor
cr
App, or a 3rd party program otherwise listings take an eternity to show up which in this case means they'll expire before you can list them
Valve came up with some rather odd changes in the name of security
).

Vargavinter

giphy.gif

(I hope my new computer arrives before the sale. :| )

Without dailies/flash sales/meta game, the sale loses its excitement for me.

Steam sales used to feel like an event, now it's just a regular ass sale like you would find on PSN or XBL.

Paganmoon

Trades: starting March 9th, item delivery from completed trades will be delayed by Steam for up to 15 days
Sale lasts 14 days.
Don't cards expire on the last day of the sale?

How convenient Valve.

I don't get it. care to explain? Only ever traded 1 card and completed 1 game related badge so no idea about these things.

Can't really get excited for Steam sales because only old games get good sales now and I already have all I'm interested in.

Well, surely there must be new games that are now considered old that weren't last time at least... Just live your life like it's 2013 and you'll enjoy the sale!

I don't get it. care to explain? Only ever traded 1 card and completed 1 game related badge so no idea about these things.
http://steamcommunity.com/market/
The click Read about the new security requirements for using the Community Market effective March 9th.

If you are unable to use the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator (or an unrecommended 3rd party option) you have great difficulty in general (nobody wants to wait 15 days for a trade) but here you're completely fucked (as the items have a limited lifespan). I know some people might say stop being Luddites but some people can't receive SMS text messages from Valve (for whatever reason, Valve don't care) so are unable to set up the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. Sadly e-mail verification isn't two factor enough as a lot of the security problems had remote access trojans being installed.

What are the chances of either Divinity OS (EE i guess) or Pillars of Eternity getting a big discount this time around? I am itching to play either of these...

Paganmoon

http://steamcommunity.com/market/
The click Read about the new security requirements for using the Community Market effective March 9th.

If you are unable to use the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator (or an unrecommended 3rd party option) you have great difficulty in general (nobody wants to wait 15 days for a trade) but here you're completely fucked (as the items have a limited lifespan). I know some people might say stop being Luddites but some people can't receive SMS text messages from Valve (for whatever reason, Valve don't care) so are unable to set up the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. Sadly e-mail verification isn't two factor enough as a lot of the security problems had remote access trojans being installed.

yeah, but what does that have to do with the sale? I don't understand the connection here.

Durante

I've added a lot of stuff to my wishlist since the last sale, so I'm looking forward to this one. I hope a few of the smaller VR games get at least some price cuts, I've bought a lot but there are still more left :p

What are the chances of either Divinity OS (EE i guess) or Pillars of Eternity getting a big discount this time around? I am itching to play either of these...
That depends on what you mean by "big". I really can't see more than 66% happening.

I've added a lot of stuff to my wishlist since the last sale, so I'm looking forward to this one. I hope a few of the smaller VR games get at least some price cuts, I've bought a lot but there are still more left :p

That depends on what you mean by "big". I really can't see more than 66% happening.

I guess i'd settle for that... waited long enough now!

Then i still have to decided on WHICH to get... haven't played an isometric dungeon crawler/ (A)RPG in years now...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Looking forward to sales for Superhot, Hyper Light Drifter and Salt & Sanctuary. All 3 bought if there's a decent discount. Might even bite on Witcher 3 as well if there's a good deal for the game + dlc.

Jimrpg

I only really buy a few day 1 games and the rest of steam sales so I can't wait. But with my huge backlog I don't really know what to get...

My top 5 in my wish list are

MGS V
Dark Souls 3
Hearts of Iron IV
Stardew Valley
Stranger of Sword City

But they are all so new there won't be much of a discount on them.

yeah, but what does that have to do with the sale? I don't understand the connection here.
You get given trading cards during the sale for doing tasks on the website, making purchases and crafting badges. These have in past expired once the sale has ended.

In the past people would have been able to sell them on the marketplace no problem even if they had a 3 day trading restriction due to no authenticator. That is no longer the case as the same restriction applied to marketplace sales meaning many people are going to be left with a bunch of cards they don't want, can't sell and can't give away.

Paganmoon

You get given trading cards during the sale for doing tasks on the website, making purchases and crafting badges. These have in past expired once the sale has ended.

In the past people would have been able to sell them on the marketplace no problem even if they had a 3 day trading restriction due to no authenticator. That is no longer the case as the same restriction applied to marketplace sales meaning many people are going to be left with a bunch of cards they don't want, can't sell and can't give away.

Ahh, ok. Got it, thanks.

Ilmyr

I'm hoping for a good price on:

Cities Skylines DLCs
Hyper Light Drifter
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER
(RE is currently on sale too, -40%. you think it will be cheaper during Summer Sale?)

baconcow

Odd that the Steam Midweek Madness started today, instead of the usual Tuesday. What else is odd is that it states it ends on Friday at 10PM Pacific time. Then, on the product page (for Crashlands), it states that the sale ends on June 23. I wonder if this oddness has anything to do with the potential upcoming Steam sale. Unfortunately, Crashlands has only a 20% discount which is disappointing, given the Steam version has a base price that is 3x more than the mobile versions (iOS/Android).

Not expecting much, few last sales were nothing crazy.

I get the impression that this is mostly because, gimmicks aside, the number of Steam sales per year means that it's easier and less noteworthy to pick up a few new titles, assuming you haven't already done so during the last Steam sale.

That is to say, I feel like these sales are all the same quality, we just end up with less things to buy after each consecutive event making them "worse" than the last sale.

BasilZero

My wishlist is like a blackhole that keeps on getting bigger.

This year I plan to get....

-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition
-One of the Naruto shippuden games
-Dishonored GOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom