• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's like one of the best Tales of games ever (it's my 2nd favorite). Not that it's a hard thing to achieve though, considering the franchise's overall quality. Still, I highly recommend it if you're into JRPG and its usual tropes. At least the combat is good.

hm i think i'm just gonna buy kathy

feels like berseria is the one to buy if i want to take a peek into that series

Well, I just picked up DH2 to wash the bad taste of Mankind Divided out of my mouth so...

Lovely.
i've heard ppl have good experiences with it

my computer is not that new but it runs doom and nier automata super well so i don't think it's justified that dishonored 2 is absolute garbage

just try it for a bit and refund it if it runs like shit

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... I just noticed I have Subnautica on my account.... I have absolutely zero idea when or how I got it haha... I know I never bought it, that's for sure....

Wag

I can't speak for 4k but the character models and backgrounds looked very dated and blown up on the ipad version, so I could imagine it looked even moreso on 4k.

Definitely a modest remaster rather than a remake.

I don't expect much from Baldur's Gate graphics-wise, but as long as it looks right in 4k 16:9 that's all that really matters. I'll buy it anyways. If I can't get it working I'll just get a refund.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How are the R6 Vegas games on PC?

those games did not age well unfortunately, I played them recently (last year or something?), I remember loving them on the 360.

Not so much this time around :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Atonement: Scourge of Time -- MB-6364E52186E3EDE5 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-8396680888FA2CC2 - Taken by Ascheroth
Desolate Wastes: Vendor Chronicles -- MB-33EEB215F5ADC072 - Taken by sadblob
Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-70B466F583D1B17E - Taken by kotor22
Guardians of Victoria -- MB-25DB8E44EB1E1755 - Taken by voodooray

Ascheroth

Is this a 'why is this so cheap?' whut or a 'why are saying this is child-friendly?' whut :p

Anyway thanks for the suggestions.

hm i think i'm just gonna buy kathy

feels like berseria is the one to buy if i want to take a peek into that series
fwiw I tried playing Symphonia earlier this year and I couldn't really get into it after coming from Zestiria (which is a troubled game in many areas, except the combat).
Imo Symphonia combat is in this weird middle ground of feeling really dated while not feeling dated enough that it comes around to have this certain old-game combat charm, if that makes sense :p
I can's speak of the story, as I wasn't really far, but the beginning didn't grab me.

I haven't played Berseria yet, but it seems to be one of the better ones.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
steam won't let me buy because i've made too many purchases lately

i made one purchase 24 hours ago ($20) and one purchase 2 weeks ago ($50) wow

rfield84

Banned
That's cool, the cartoony style was the only thing from Torchlight that I didn't love.

Getting a post-apocalyptic Dark Tower vibe from the screenshots of Grim Dawn which I dig.

Sold! Thanks.

Enjoy! Just got it myself yesterday, an I'm absolutely loving it so far!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
63cd50e77987d24d66112acb95629990.png

I'm really grateful.

zdenko1

Posted this few pages earlier and I'm still looking for more before sale ends. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

I'm looking for multiplayer or cooperative strategy, tycoon, management, simulation (think Rimworld) games. I already have Factorio, Age of Empires 2 HD, Age of Mythology, Tropico 5, Stronghold HD and Crusader HD and probably few others that I can't remember right now.

I peeked at Offworld Trading Company as idea of business RTS sounds interesting to me but I'm not sure about 2 things:

• Reviews are only mostly positive
  • Do I need that Jupiter DLC? Is it like with Civ games that you actually need DLCs to flesh out game mechanics?

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah bayonetta definitely is less awesome than i remembered

i mean, when it's on it's on, the combat is really satisfying and it's hilarious and super fun to watch, but it feels like everything except that is pretty rough, like the qte's that kill you in one hit, or every fight starting with an enemy attack that's timed way too tight for me to get, or how everything looks gold so it's actually really hard to tell what's happening on screen (i actually remembered this part but i attributed a lot of it to bad fps) or some times witch time just doesn't go off even if there's like the sound effect and slowdown and all the feedback that you got the dodge right? and i kind of hate that you unlock that panther form and it makes mashing r2 to dodge way harder lol, idk if that was the intent but i feel like i'm hitting like 1/3rd of the witch times i did before (which i keep calling bullet witch lol)

also it might be that i haven't played one of those in a long while but it feels like i'm getting my fingers tired of all the mashing, just mashing for torture attacks and climaxes and idk combos and shit. it's a mashy game in a good way but my fingers don't like it. kinda reminds me of dragon's dogma hehe

for all those reasons the game is just kinda tiring to play and i can't do more than a few levels at a time without feeling like i need a break

it kinda makes me wish i could get my hands on bayo 2, i bet a lot of these things would be fixed in a sequel, cos it just feels like bayo 1 in some way feels kind of a result of the time it released, just the brownyness and the bad qte and bad gimmicks, feels like shit from an age long past

fwiw I tried playing Symphonia earlier this year and I couldn't really get into it after coming from Zestiria (which is a troubled game in many areas, except the combat).
Imo Symphonia combat is in this weird middle ground of feeling really dated while not feeling dated enough that it comes around to have this certain old-game combat charm, if that makes sense :p
I can's speak of the story, as I wasn't really far, but the beginning didn't grab me.

I haven't played Berseria yet, but it seems to be one of the better ones.
i see

well i tried buying kathy rain and nuuvem doesn't let me buy either so yeah, fucking visa man lol

nikos

Should I grab Metal Gear Rising for $7.49? Never played it.

Also considering Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns, as I haven't played those tiher, but I probably won't find the time to.

Uzzy

Also considering Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns, as I haven't played those tiher, but I probably won't find the time to.

Rising is fantastic, and quite short to run through too, if you're pressed for time.

robotrock

Banned
Just bought Hollow Knight and Dead Cells despite really wanting to wait for Switch versions on those. The Humble Monthly discount was too good.

Hektor

RULES OF NATURE!!!!!

One of the best action games in existence.Finished it like 6 or 8 times.

Hopeford

Hmm...have $20 on my steam account but nothing is really catching my eye this sale. Except for stuff that is nearly full price like Nier, and I wouldn't play it for a while anyway so it doesn't feel like buying it would be a great idea.

...Weird feeling. Probably the first sale I'm going to completely sit out on. Like, this is a good thing, but MAN IT FEELS WEIRD.

Wok

Hmm...have $20 on my steam account but nothing is really catching my eye this sale. Except for stuff that is nearly full price like Nier, and I wouldn't play it for a while anyway so it doesn't feel like buying it would be a great idea.

...Weird feeling. Probably the first sale I'm going to completely sit out on. Like, this is a good thing, but MAN IT FEELS WEIRD.

Keep the money for Fidel on August 1st:

Mascot

Started Dead Space again last night (originally played at launch on 360) and I'm enjoying it. Textures and geometry are obviously both showing their age but the sound design and atmosphere still hold their own. DS4 Windows seems to do a decent job with pad controls too, as it appears only KBM was originally used.

For £2.50 (the same price as the sequel) this is a no-brainer for anyone new to the franchise, and worth a good look if you've previously enjoyed it on consoles. 4k/60 at max settings is obviously effortless on a 980ti.

thoughts on Resident Evil Revelations 2?

Its very good but if you are playing as the secondary character it can be a bit unfufilling as you are more a hidden item/puzzle donkey than anything compared to the first character who is more combat oriented.

Once again, very good though I felt like the gunplay was a bit too... loose, would have liked it to be more impactful or hard hitting. One of the better recent RE titles though for sure. Fully recommend it.

Sora_N

Caved and bought Clannad and Deus Ex HR DC. Debated them too long, I had one steam wallet card which covered Clannad so I'm good.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
So far I got:

ABZU
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Metro Collection
Middle Earth
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rocket League
Transistor

I want to get Hollow Knight, GTA V, and PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS but I can only pick one. Which one should I get?

There's much more I wanna get but my wallet can't at the moment :/
This is my first steam summer sale...

Is the time remaining on the sale accurate? It seems to be counting down to around 10:05 AM PST. I thought sales generally ended at 10 AM PST exactly.

Jintor

yeah bayonetta definitely is less awesome than i remembered

i mean, when it's on it's on, the combat is really satisfying and it's hilarious and super fun to watch, but it feels like everything except that is pretty rough, like the qte's that kill you in one hit, or every fight starting with an enemy attack that's timed way too tight for me to get, or how everything looks gold so it's actually really hard to tell what's happening on screen (i actually remembered this part but i attributed a lot of it to bad fps) or some times witch time just doesn't go off even if there's like the sound effect and slowdown and all the feedback that you got the dodge right? and i kind of hate that you unlock that panther form and it makes mashing r2 to dodge way harder lol, idk if that was the intent but i feel like i'm hitting like 1/3rd of the witch times i did before (which i keep calling bullet witch lol)

also it might be that i haven't played one of those in a long while but it feels like i'm getting my fingers tired of all the mashing, just mashing for torture attacks and climaxes and idk combos and shit. it's a mashy game in a good way but my fingers don't like it. kinda reminds me of dragon's dogma hehe

for all those reasons the game is just kinda tiring to play and i can't do more than a few levels at a time without feeling like i need a break

it kinda makes me wish i could get my hands on bayo 2, i bet a lot of these things would be fixed in a sequel, cos it just feels like bayo 1 in some way feels kind of a result of the time it released, just the brownyness and the bad qte and bad gimmicks, feels like shit from an age long past

a lot of your issues just stem from campaign mode being campaign mode and kamiya doing shit like hiding the best boss fight in the game behind 15 minutes of space harrier. pc introduces some timing issues (i think the framerate causes havoc with mash events) but also you shouldn't be mashing dodge, that shit is for timing

bayo still my goat

Soodanim

Gold Member
In fact, I think a lot of my PC gaming (I'm new to this) will be revisiting old favourites, but with better performance.
I said that, and I even bought a lot of my old games to replay in upgraded forms, but you also find yourself buying new games and so you end up with a growing library and half of them you don't get round to. Or maybe you will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom