• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm guessing this thread will be locked very soon, I wonder when this thread will degenerate like every other SteamGAF thread: in a barrage of digusting animu.

Suz5eKi.gif

Arthea

Selling them now might not be the smart.

Or it might, I don't know...

Don't card prices tank during Steam sales?

not really, they tank right before sale, and then during sale cheapest ones get bought (for popular games) and price rises.
At least that's how it used to be, now there are so many games with cards, that all prices are usually at the bottom and stay there, for cheap games anyway.

Wok

I don't know I can wait either way

I would wait for 2 weeks or so, so that the card prices rise up to the usual. Or sell them now, but with a positive offset to anticipate the price increase which should follow the end of the sales.

Cards sell best during sales, I think.

alright then do you know why it's saying I don't have steam guard enabled on the webstore?

I have it on the actual downloaded app on my laptop but the webstore says I don't.

the steam ui for the market stuff is pretty awful tbh

Deques

alright then do you know why it's saying I don't have steam guard enabled on the webstore?

I have it on the actual downloaded app on my laptop but the webstore says I don't.

the steam ui for the market stuff is pretty awful tbh

You download the Steam app on your phone and activate Steam Guard there

Ascheroth

Oh, I see it's nearly anime o'clock.

I hope I don't forget actually purchasing the contents of my cart before it's over. I think it will be around 10€.

Indiegala just released a new bundle that doesn't seem completely awful at first glance.

First one I've "bought" since the one with Ty. A couple of cool looking puzzle games and other good stuff.

This game, to be released on July 19th, does not look too bad for a 1-man indie studio.

Funnily, the banner does not have anything to do with the game.

Is it wrong that I judge games on their store icon/banner? When I'm looking though the games to come section I just ignore crappy ones. The Obscure one would have gotten me clicking.

Final Damage:

Galactic Civilizations III Upgrade from GCII
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
Unexplored
Overcooked: Gourmet Edition
Nier: Automata
The Sexy Brutale
Dead Cells
Killing Floor 2
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
BattleBlock Theater
Transistor
Hollow Knight

Wok

First one I've "bought" since the one with Ty. A couple of cool looking puzzle games and other good stuff.

Is it wrong that I judge games on their store icon/banner? When I'm looking though the games to come section I just ignore crappy ones. The Obscure one would have gotten me clicking.

Yeah, it is wrong. At least, if you take the time to look through games to come, hover your mouse over the title to get a peek at the screenshots, tags and people who want to get that game.

ziVqOh9.png

Wok

Maybe the normal bundle but unlikely
The Monthlies have always been the first Friday each month. I thought you would know that

Monthly, sure.

Normal bundle could be today. It should, because I don't see a reason why they would release one on Thursday.

Carm

I want to buy Hitman, but I keep spooking myself off buying it, reading about performance issues. Also had to turn down a couple of settings to get rid of stutter and some frame drops in the free trial. Knowing later levels have way more nova makes me wonder how will run.

I'm assuming since they have this set up as dlcs refunding on steam will be dicey?

dk_

I wish I had the money for Hollow Knight. :-/ I did buy nothing in this sale due to financial trouble. feelsbadman

EDIT: Ucchedavāda, thank you so much mate. PM as well!

yankee666

WOW, this Steam thing is so addictive.
I havent got a decent computer for gaming in more than 20 Years.
So i decide to buy a new PC and try some old games.
I end up spending more than $100. LOL. Some games cost me only 2 bucks

Anteater

yeah it's a good way to play a bunch of games you've missed out on or even games you've already played but want to replay, I'd say AAA games don't cost that much either, and there are still a lot of options

I got one in my email like a month ago and gave it away. Not sure if there is another one elsewhere.

you gave that coupon to me! but it didn't work out... it was linked to your account so i couldn't get the discount at the time. I know I said it before, but thanks again for the code!

Why are there multiple versions of the Bethesda games? Which do I get?

IE:
Oblivion GOTY:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22330/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9..._IV_Oblivion_Game_of_the_Year_Edition_Deluxe/

I think the 2nd one supports paid mods, but is that it?

Looks like non-deluxe just has "includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions"

While Deluxe also adds "Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more."

you gave that coupon to me! but it didn't work out... it was linked to your account so i couldn't get the discount at the time. I know I said it before, but thanks again for the code!

Sorry :( I tried

J3ffro

Here's my haul, way more than I had anticipated, especially with Fortnite finally coming in just a few weeks. I picked up about five more games that weren't really my speed, but made a point to try playing them, and when I confirmed that they weren't really for me, I refunded them.

Batman Telltale
Invisible, Inc. & DLC
Hammerwatch
Defense Grid 2
Iron Brigade
Tales from the Borderlands
Insurgency
Orwell
Isotiles
80 Days
Grim Dawn
Train Valley
Deathtrap
Dead End Road (gift from friend)
Valley
Borderlands 2 GotY (had base game already)
Disney Infinity 1/2/3 (future proofing for when my daughter gets a little older)
Civ6
8 pieces of Civ5 DLC I didn’t have
Tabletop Simulator
Subnautica (gift from cousin)
Just Cause 3
Virginia
Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor

Amzin

I picked up:

Four Last Things
OneShot
Odyssey
Rack N Ruin
Cosmic Star Heroine
Spark the Electric Jester

and then played PUBG / Empyrion all day :p

Edit: To be fair, I shouldn't put more than 2 hours in any of those since I have Monthly bundle on the way, but ya

Looks like non-deluxe just has "includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions"

While Deluxe also adds "Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more."

Sorry :( I tried

That's not my issue.

Those are two entirely separate apps for purchase. One is in their "Complete a bundle" package. And one is essentially hidden on the storefront.

That's how i got over 6k games, so be careful lol

patchday

Steam sale haul-- I really wanted to stock up on Anime games:
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVALATOR-
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
Naruto Ultimate Storm 3 & 4
Shadow of Mordor

Very sad the sale is ending but all good things must end I guess ;(

Two hours left. As someone who owns Divinity: Original Sin and has played only about 10 hours of it, and has kickstarted Divinity OS 2 ... should I cough up the $18 for Pillars of Eternity?

Hmm...

I'm thinking, given just picking up Xanadu and Total War Warhammer, and having 25 games installed that I need to work through... I can wait for the winter sale (or even next summer) for PoE.

Unless it's the be-all and end-all and I should play that before I waste my time on anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom