• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

chugen

sale over

TXCy3Av.gif

Wok

So, I have just noticed the Monthly Trove does not contain:
  • BattleSloths (prototype, part of the March 2016 Monthly)
  • Tailwind: Prologue (part of April 2016 Monthly)
  • Fidel Dungeon Rescue (prototype, part of October 2016 Monthly)
I wonder what's up with these missing games...

Edit: Oh, well... I guess I get it.

Edit²: The text was already there in May 2016.

kulapik

So, I have just noticed the Monthly Trove does not contain:
  • BattleSloths (prototype, part of the March 2016 Monthly)
  • Tailwind: Prologue (part of April 2016 Monthly)
  • Fidel Dungeon Rescue (prototype, part of October 2016 Monthly)
I wonder what's up with these missing games...

Well, BattleSloths has the full game for sale so they dont' want to compete with that or something? Though Kimmy is out for sale and it's in the trove. No idea about the other two.

FLD

Impulsively decided to subscribe. Hope it's worth it.

Just did the same thing (well, resubbed in my case). I looked back at the last few months and noticed I ended up regretting every single bundle I skipped either because I already owned or didn't want the early unlock. Hopefully this won't be the one to break the trend...

Madventure

Just did the same thing (well, resubbed in my case). I looked back at the last few months and noticed I ended up regretting every single bundle I skipped either because I already owned or didn't want the early unlock. Hopefully this won't be the one to break the trend...

It'll just be Dark Souls 2, and 6 copies of the unreleased fidget spinner game that gets released on the 7th

Wok

Well, BattleSloths has the full game for sale so they dont' want to compete with that or something? Though Kimmy is out for sale and it's in the trove. No idea about the other two.

In which case, the advertisement for the Humble Trove is misleading. There are 3 games missing from the full catalog of Humble Original games. Maybe even 4 games if Tiny Echo is not added this Friday.

Teppic

I bought:

Pinball Arcade Season 4 pro pack
Hollow Knight
Higurashi Episode 1-5
OneShot
Tower Unite x2
Dead End Road
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Layers of Fear - Soundtrack
Toto Temple Deluxe (refunded)

A bit more than I thought I would get. Cost me about 75€

patchday

Got a couple of games.
Mass Effect 1, and 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Ninja Gaiden Z
Ghost Recon FS
Batman Origins Season pass

Definitely! I played it solo the first time. Quite possibly the best zombie game to date imo.

oh crap didnt know bout that one

Bl@de

It's over (good, bought too much after ignoring the last couple of Steam sales. But I also bought a lot of classics cheap. For example: I've never owned Half-Life digitally. I played the retail versions back then. Same goes for Serious Sam. And I've only played L4D2 over family sharing so far.).

Left 4 Dead 2
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Source
Half-Life
Serious Sam HD
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Portal 2
Aliens Colonial Marines Collection
Arx Fatalis
FINAL FANTASY IX
Alien: Isolation
Aliens vs. Predator (2009)
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
Sniper Elite 3

Enough games to play and replay until the winter sale^^ I actually already finished Walking Dead and the Marine campaign of AvP. Now I'm really enjoying Alien: Isolation. The best Alien game I've ever played.

Ascheroth

I think this gif has lots of potential to be made into various 'avoid x' gifs. Someone shop some discounts or something on the missile :p

tumblr_osg2xkimj21tc7ygao1_500.gif

haendeul

I bought Tales of Berseria right before the sale ended but it won't even launch on my computer. The process starts and ends with no error message. From googling this problem it looks like a lot of other people have similar problems, but with widely different solutions. From running Steam as admin, launching the game with no controllers connected, and the most obvious verify files. None of that worked for me though.

I've only heard good things about the PC version, so I was surprised to encounter this. Glad I bought it on Steam and not a third party key seller so I can refund it unless it suddenly starts working for me.
Anime is dead.

So, I was sceptical, but I did buy Just Cause 3 XL on sale.

So far, after 38 minutes played.

*Weird long start up time.
*It does an online login which takes some time every I start the game. Didn't ask for that.
*Struggles with a consistent 60 FPS for me, despite landscapes and vehicles looking worse then in Just Cause 2.
*Started stuttering when I was playing the second mission, crashed me out to the desktop.
*Restarted the game, noticed that I had no progress in the mission I was playing.
*And then it crashed my graphic card drivers, and sent me back to the desktop again.

I'm going to be honest with you Rico, it doesn't look good for you so far.

Only spent $4 on Shadow of Mordor. What an awful, awful sale. I missed the days when I spent $100-$200 because the deals were too good to pass up.

Come on, close the thread already, i want to move back to our reservation on community side. Too much anime already, it's going to be much worse every second you keep this thread open.

Wok

Anime is a little world on its own on Steam. This is the free space surrounding the anime tag:

Don't be afraid of Anime.
Just make sure you ban the tag from your discovery queue.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, I got all the stickers but apparently have no badge, and now the completed sticker albums are invisible?

Hektor

Anime is a little world on its own on Steam. This is the free space surrounding the anime tag:

Don't be afraid of Anime.
Just make sure you ban the tag from your discovery queue.

I love how these 4 tags are so close to each other and yet so far away from everything else

buG1F68.png

I have a question.

Using BPM again and before I could always browse community guides when pressing the Xbox One Guide button.

Now when I press it, it opens the BPM overlay, but I cant see them anymore. I can see controller configurations, friends and web.

This is the first sale where the number of games in my account actually decreased. I've been going through my library and gotten rid of a bunch of bundle-trash and other games that I will never play in a million years. I'd like to reduce my library to just those games that I actually want to play sometime in the future and those games that I have played (minus complete garbage).

I did pick up some DLC for games that I am currently playing and I will probably also grab Hollow Knight from Humble, thanks to everyone recommending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom