• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

Was thinking of finally getting the Steam versions of all the X-wing/TIE Fighter games, but the prices annoy me. The four individual games are all 60% off, but the bundle is only 50% off. It's still cheaper, but only by a dollar.

Actually, I now notice there's another bundle for a dollar more that includes both Rebel Assaults and Rebellion. I sucked at Rebellion as a kid, but it did introduce me to hex editors.

My haul:

u2Thw3N.png

your account info is showing. might want to crop the bottom and reupload the image

Too late.

9E4.gif

Real talk. How is Dragon Ball Xenoverse? Is it good for someone who recently started getting into Dragon Ball Z?

It is the ultimate fanservice and it's awesome. The gameplay can be repetitive, but it's a blast all the same. It's got some RPG, some fighting, and character creation, which sets it apart from most DBZ games. In short, I'd highly recommend the series if you like DBZ at all.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 is a lot better than the first, though. More refined. Not sure how any of the DLCs compare--never played them.

Burt

Any good JRPGs on sale?

Cosmic Star Heroine might be the best new/original JRPG on Steam

Shadows of Adam is a great romp too

Xanadu Next gets a lot of love from people around here, but I can't say anything personally.

Other than that, you've got all the Final Fantasy ports. And the Trails in the Sky games, which I'm not a huge fan of, but a lot of people seem to be.

Playing through it now, and I'm not noticing any problems. I have a 1070 card and i7 6600 as a reference to my PC build.
People told me that it is perfectly playable if you have more than 8 gigs of RAM. At 8GB you might have to deal with some minor framerate issues.
Runs like a champ if you're not doing SLI. Gorgeous game too.
In the 11 hours that I played there were some framerate dips, nothing serious though. It wasn't any worse than when I played through on PS4, and that was considered the superior version.

Thanks!

thinking of PBUG, but also factario as well? anyone want to help with the decision?

PUBG is pretty incredible solo or grouped. I'd check to see if your computer can handle it well, though. I spent most of my time with it on an R9 280 that could barely cut it and I just upgraded and it's night and day, much more so than any other games I've messed around with. It's just one of those games where performance is really important.

People told me that it is perfectly playable if you have more than 8 gigs of RAM. At 8GB you might have to deal with some minor framerate issues.
Even at 8gb of RAM, the frame rate issues are not game breaking. Sure it was annoying but it never screwed me over. This was also at launch so maybe they fixed the issues.

Nick_C

Anyone played Warhammer vermintide? It looks like L4D2 so it might be a fun co-op game.

Pretty much L4D with anthropomorphic rats. There is more of a focus on melee, but every character has a ranged option. There's also been a lot of post-launch support, both paid and free. And loot. Lots of loot.

I've had it for a while now, but none of my friends are interested in it.

Anyone play Helldivers?

I've been eyeing it for over a year.

Is it good? Steam reviews make it seem that way.

Do I need all the extra junk in the deluxe pack?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
both Fairy Fencer games are 80% off, including the newest one, which is weird because its quite recent

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone play Helldivers?

I've been eyeing it for over a year.

Is it good? Steam reviews make it seem that way.

Do I need all the extra junk in the deluxe pack?
Yeah, I played it for a bit with a few friends. I liked it but they didn't so I never played it much.

It's hard but I don't think you need the extra stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom