• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfArmy177

Any good metroidvanias that are not roguelike that are good? Can't stand roguelike games, want something like sotn. I did get hollow knight I think it's called and enjoyed that one. Dead cells is roguelike too isn't it?

Man, those drops on Nier and Trails the Third are incredibly disappointing. I was planning on grabbing both, but may have to settle for just one.

Wok

If by DDOS you mean
Please+steam+i+have+no+fucking+money+ri+ght+now_673ae9_5190895.gif

There is this kind of inevitable DDOS.

But there was also a DDOS threat yesterday, so... maybe it is them.

Any good metroidvanias that are not roguelike that are good? Can't stand roguelike games, want something like sotn. I did get hollow knight I think it's called and enjoyed that one. Dead cells is roguelike too isn't it?
Alright here we go, I love these games:

Momodora IV
Axiom Verge (closer to Metroid)
Guacamelee

Yeah, I played it for a bit with a few friends. I liked it but they didn't so I never played it much.

It's hard but I don't think you need the extra stuff.

Is there matchmaking? My friends and I never game on the same schedules. It's a logistical nightmare. Matchmaking would be a must for me.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Very slowly finished my steam queue and got a card woo.
What else do I need to do?

lol.

Like a guy telling people to come outside in the morning and watch him make the sun rise.

"Look! I made it rise! I can do it again tomorrow at the same time!"

Eggiem

Via Greenmangaming's newsletter you get a coupon via e-mail with a 27% discount on PBUG knocking it down to $21.99. It's really not a bad price.

But if you didnt subscribe to the newsletter beforehand, its to late, right?
Guess I have to wait for a sale. :/

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is there matchmaking? My friends and I never game on the same schedules. It's a logistical nightmare. Matchmaking would be a must for me.

IIRC there is a list with servers and filters.

Edit:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/394510/discussions/0/494631967653551345/ said:
On your ship, click on the MULTIPLAYER console at bottom of your screen, aka southern end of the ship.

Browse MP games listed under MATCHMAKING tab left side.

Click the appropriate keyboard key/controller button to choose how to filter the game browser results. For example, if you're new, maybe filter out "medium" and "hard" difficulty games.

Join a game.
NOTE: The game does NOT offer an automated matchmaking function such as in the new Star Wars Battlefront.

In Helldivers, you join games manually via an MP game browser. Or you host a game and decide if you want to open it to everybody, or just to folks on your Steam friends list.

Who needs DDOS when you have folks in this very thread actually attempting to buy things when the store is having serious problems loading most product pages

Hint: if a website is laggy, don't give it your credit card and expect things to go flawlessly.

Necrovex

Made my purchases:

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Dishonoured 2

Deus Ex Bundle (only $17, since I owned half the bundle already)

Mafia 3

Only $62 total, so this should cover me for a while.

gaiages

Banned
Anyone play Helldivers?

I've been eyeing it for over a year.

Is it good? Steam reviews make it seem that way.

Do I need all the extra junk in the deluxe pack?

It's a fun game, but it's pretty hard. The people I played with... weren't the right type of people to play it with lolol

And no, not really. I didn't really use any of the DLC from the console Super Earth Edition, I'm guessing it's most of the same stuff.

Hmm... I didn't try it, but I think there is. But given the nature of the game and having to focus on teamwork... I don't know if that's the best game to match make in. Again, though, I didn't try it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so apparently, according to user reviews at least, Necropolis is abandoned? That sucks, it looks cool and had promise with some more fixes :(

dreamfall

Any of those digital extras for Pillars of Eternity worth paying more for? Is the lore reading in depth? And does it complement the game well where it feels necessary?

gaiadyne

Considering buying,

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning - 4.99
Dishonered - 2.49
Monster Monpiece - 3.99
Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year - 3.99
Trillion God of Destruction - 4.49
Stories: Path of Destinies - 3.74
Ray Gigant - 4.49

I have around 5 dollars in my steam wallet so I can buy at least one... but I want to buy them all even though I know I shouldn't

What's this " Get two free trading cards each day Just by exploring your Discovery Queue" business about? How long has that been there? Is this part of the effort to prevent garbage games with trading cards from making money or just Summer Sale trading cards?

IIRC there is a list with servers and filters.

Edit:

It's a fun game, but it's pretty hard. The people I played with... weren't the right type of people to play it with lolol

And no, not really. I didn't really use any of the DLC from the console Super Earth Edition, I'm guessing it's most of the same stuff.

Hmm... I didn't try it, but I think there is. But given the nature of the game and having to focus on teamwork... I don't know if that's the best game to match make in. Again, though, I didn't try it.

Cooooool.

Unsold and de-wishlisted. Appreciate knowing that before buying.

Plenty of other stuff to peruse yet....

Kalor

What's this " Get two free trading cards each day Just by exploring your Discovery Queue" business about? How long has that been there? Is this part of the effort to prevent garbage games with trading cards from making money or just Summer Sale trading cards?

Those are just summer sale trading cards.

Kssio_Aug

Gave a really good thought about bying Dark Souls 3, but the fact that I can't get the DLCs and that I'm not very into long and hard games lately, I decided to pass it this time.

Just bought: South Park, Shadow of Mordor, Ori & the Blind Forest, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Hitman Season 1. All of them were sitting on my wishlist for way too long!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I got Dead Cells, Hard West, Scanner Sombre and This War of Mine so far.
Still got like 20€ in my wallet, tempted to go for Sniper Elite 4. That looks like dumb fun but also like something that will be 9,99 in 2 months.

Anyone play Helldivers?

I've been eyeing it for over a year.

Is it good? Steam reviews make it seem that way.

Do I need all the extra junk in the deluxe pack?

It's good but I don't know how much fun it is without at least one buddy.

Azull

But if you didnt subscribe to the newsletter beforehand, its to late, right?
Guess I have to wait for a sale. :/

I believe so unfortunately, I thought you might have been subscribed beforehand. I would give you my code however the coupon is account bound.

Sorry about that :(.

so apparently, according to user reviews at least, Necropolis is abandoned? That sucks, it looks cool and had promise with some more fixes :(

Damn really? I still can't load anything on the steam store and I think I am gonna wait until tomorrow but I had that game on my wishlist. That really sucks if the game has been abandoned :\.

Majukun

currently on the fence waiting for steam to start working properly

interested in dead cells,watched someone playing it in a stream and seems like my kind of game.

Kadin

Can you blame people? DayZ was a scam. It looks fairly similar to every other early access survival game too.
Any amount of research into the game will quickly paint a different picture for most. I have yet to see anywhere that has negative things to say about the game, besides Steam reviews of course because they always find something to bitch about. The overall impressions for the game are very high.

Kssio_Aug

Can you blame people? DayZ was a scam. It looks fairly similar to every other early access survival game too.

Yeah... I bought DayZ standalone after all the hype with the mod, thought I couldn't go wrong. It's probably the biggest trash I spent money on Steam, and that totally puts me away from buying other games of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom