• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRamen

So! In the last few hours of the sale, I noticed Turbo Dismount was a thing. As a big fan of Stair Dismount and Truck Dismount, I am more than pleased. Nothing quite like hurling Ms. Dismount through a turbo pad, through some bowling pins and finishing it off with some land mines, all while being propelled by a high powered office chair.

Ah such succinct simplicity

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
14358327847_9c9047b830_o.jpg

Goal. Achieved.

http://youtu.be/E8-bMgDANEk

Lomax

su4hhbU.png
[/IMG]
Really hilarious how GOG stance on regional pricing changed. I mean, with other publishers I get it. With their own games after making a point that regional pricing was unfair since the beginning?...

They make an effort to compensate for the pricing. But it's a reality of having to deal with distribution partners, they want the game to be huge, which means advertising, which means bowing to the establishment.

su4hhbU.png
[/IMG]
Really hilarious how GOG stance on regional pricing changed. I mean, with other publishers I get it. With their own games after making a point that regional pricing was unfair since the beginning?...

I don't get it. They're offering extra money in credit for other games. It's written right on the image you linked. What am I missing that makes it so unfair?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haha that makes up for not being able to use your card earlier huh. Did you ever find out what happened?

Yeah, it definitely turned my morning around! :D

Not sure what happened with the M&M's card, I just assume it was one of those cards that was exploited by hackers and drained of funds before I won it, I guess.

Maybe ignorant, but what's with the modbot events that say they're giveaways, but seem to have all games "taken" only 3 minutes later?

Are these not raffles, but actually first come, first served?

marrec

Banned
Maybe ignorant, but what's with the modbot events that say they're giveaways, but seem to have all games "taken" only 3 minutes later?

Unless otherwise noted when creating the giveaway, ModBot will make all raffles Free For Alls.

Toki767

The default ModBot giveaway is first come first serve. The person has to specify that they want to make it a raffle.

It should probably be the other way around though. I know I've forgotten to make something a raffle a few times.

Bizazedo

Got my Dad Out of the Park Baseball 15. Feels like some people hit home runs too often, but besides that, excellent sim game. Once he turned on the AI for the general manager so he could just coach / make decisions during the games, he was in heaven.

The AI immediately traded for a first baseman to let Ryan Howard of the Phillies ride the bench, I was /dead.

Lomax

Yes, the default is first come first served (with whatever restrictions are in place) which is the default for giveaways and most used for bundle extras and the like. The raffle system is just an option for the people doing the giveaway.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, someone needs to take the indie studios that are in that new Groupees greenlight bundle and teach them how to make a damn icon for their game. Looks like most were slapped together in... 2 seconds maybe? Some are barely legible. Way to make a good first impression.

(also bravo to Kel: Reaper of Entropy for featuring "a non-existent variety of ways to customize your character")

Welcome to the magical world of Greenlight.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Please play the game when it releases my good man! Don't just collect this one, I can't wait to see some impressions on this one.

Oh, I'll definitely be playing it. I played the hell out of DR2 and Off the Record on the Xbox 360, and came "this close" to buying an Xbox One for DR3.

It's going to be a long wait for release, but it'll be worth it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got my Dad Out of the Park Baseball 15. Feels like some people hit home runs too often, but besides that, excellent sim game. Once he turned on the AI for the general manager so he could just coach / make decisions during the games, he was in heaven.

The AI immediately traded for a first baseman to let Ryan Howard of the Phillies ride the bench, I was /dead.

At first I thought "Got my Dad Out of the Park Baseball 15" was the name of the game. :p

The_Monk

Oh, I'll definitely be playing it. I played the hell out of DR2 and Off the Record on the Xbox 360, and came "this close" to buying an Xbox One for DR3.

It's going to be a long wait for release, but it'll be worth it.

Nice, hope the 60FPS experience can be easy to obtain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom