• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
They're slowly eliminating the only reason people used that site to begin with. More and more upcoming games won't work with vouchers at all (I think mostly 2K stuff for now) so they offer these crappy $10 credit or $5 cashback options. I'm not surprised at all to hear they're lowering the cashback option since people actually want that over useless credit.

Right I edited my post, it's the same between credit and cashback. I always used credits since I know I'll be buying steam/origin games on the site in the future but fuck that, not worth it for 2-3$.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They're slowly eliminating the only reason people used that site to begin with. More and more upcoming games won't work with vouchers at all (I think mostly 2K stuff for now) so they offer these crappy $10 credit or $5 cashback options. I'm not surprised at all to hear they're lowering the cashback option since people actually want that over useless credit.

Credit's also taken a hit. The promotion has been reduced significantly from $15 credit/$10 cash back (when purchasing a $60 game) to $3 and $2 respectively. The current site-wide discount code is also a relatively lowly 20% rather than the typical 25%.

It'll be interesting to see how this move to increase profit margins will impact GMG's business. I mean, by and large, the only reason people shopped at GMG is because of the 25%+ discount codes or generous cash back/credit options. (Granted, 20% codes will still be of some use assuming they stack with existing discounts.)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Man do I feel guilty about taking advantage of the Bethesda deal. I'll resist the urge to jump on massive pricing mistakes in the future.

I don't generally blame the victim, but they really should have been monitoring their website SOMEHOW even though it was the holidays.

I genuinely wasn't sure it was a mistake because of how long it lasted.

I don't generally blame the victim, but they really should have been monitoring their website SOMEHOW even though it was the holidays.

I genuinely wasn't sure it was a mistake because of how long it lasted.

I mentioned that during the chaos and that was how I justified going for it at the time but in my heart I knew it was a mistake.

So what about my account that has a gifted copy of BL2 in it still. I have no idea what the original purchaser of the 4 pack did with his other copies or if any of them were activated.

This

"If you have managed to access at least one serial key

This means that we were able to complete your order. As difficult as it is for us, we will be honoring the price that we advertised and you will get to keep all of the games you bought – we’re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your orders and will deliver them as soon as possible.

So then I get nothing. I have no idea if the original purchaser of the keys redeemed any, but I still cant access the key for the copy in my library.

Keep getting this.

GUYKV.jpg

M.D

Note to anyone who couldn't get a key and got a refund - The 20% discount is already live, it will be added automatically when you add an item to your cart.

If anyone with the discount is buying anything, please let us know if the discount works after you purchased one item with it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hahah :)

Just a heads up that I will pay premium's for your keys. I actually play my games.

Steam redeemable.

Cheers,
Tony
Stop right there. People who play their games aren't allowed here, we don't want weird guys roaming around. It's buy-and-forget or bust! :p

That said, I still haven't decided if I want to continue playing The Witcher (still at chapter 2) or start Alpha Protocol or Binary Domain.

So then I get nothing. I have no idea if the original purchaser of the keys redeemed any, but I still cant access the key for the copy in my library.

Keep getting this.

GUYKV.jpg

we’re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your orders and will deliver them as soon as possible.

I think they will deliver those keys in the coming days... maybe next week?

The same message keeps poping up too for me!

graywolf323

They just updated the news page: http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

"If you have managed to access at least one serial key

This means that we were able to complete your order. As difficult as it is for us, we will be honoring the price that we advertised and you will get to keep all of the games you bought – we’re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your orders and will deliver them as soon as possible.

If you have not managed to access any of the games

This means that we were not able to complete your order, and have therefore reversed your payment. We understand the disappointment that you have experienced especially during the Holiday season and as compensation we are providing your account with a 20% discount valid on all purchases on the GamersGate site until 31 December 2013. In the few cases where discounts are not permitted, we will do our best to provide similar compensation (e.g. the equivalent amount in Blue Coins). The discount is not valid when purchasing Blue Coins.

We want to apologize for these mistakes and the amount of time it has taken to resolve everything. It is possible that there are some who may be “stuck in the middle” and we would like to direct them to our support team so we can help you individually. Please be aware that due to the above issues, our support team is under heavy pressure – we will be answering all tickets we receive, but it may take longer than usual until things calm down."

I have no keys from the Borderlands 2 4-pack but they still haven't reversed my order and refunded me... this is starting to get very frustrating

M.D

Note to anyone who couldn't get a key and got a refund - The 20% discount is already live, it will be added automatically when you add an item to your cart.

If anyone with the discount is buying anything, please let us know if the discount works after you purchased one item with it.

For the new page

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm still waiting for 7.50 Syndicate, so I can use the 5 buck discount on Amazon and get it for 2.50.

Cmon Tony, don't let me down!

I seem to be getting the 20% discount and all the keys on my gamersgate shelf. Must be because I tried a second purchase which failed. Is the discount once off?

dani_dc

I just did a quick once-over on their site and I didn't see any good deals in the first place.

There's no new deal, but there still some pretty good deals like DMC4, Sine More and Red Faction Guerilla (no longer available on Steam).

Plus the 20% can be used on pre-orders (note: this won't work on all regions).

Edit: I assume that Lone_Prodigy meant GMG, as I don't see any 20% coupon on GG.
Edit 2: I see users got 20% discount due to the holiday bundle issue, so disregard this post.

Buy blue coins with the 20% off coupon, then buy the games you want with blue coins and add on the 20% coupon again? :D

It states that the discount isn't valid on blue coins.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still waiting for 7.50 Syndicate, so I can use the 5 buck discount on Amazon and get it for 2.50.

Cmon Tony, don't let me down!
You and me both, man.

I'm totally in for a nice session of cyberpunk co-op goodness once that happens. With any luck that'll happen before I go on vacation in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom