• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

bummed by last day stuff being just the highlighted dailies while all else lose their discount, so stupid. Was holding out on some stuff to get on the last day guessing the recap day counted for that.
They weren't really clear, which is probably the least of their sins this time. I checked the store pages for stuff I was holding off on, saw the timer was under 12 hours, and bought.

Wok

I've been following the game since I saw the first trailer long time ago. Please post your impressions, can't find too much on google.

I won't be able to play much this week, so maybe I will post some impressions next weekend. There is the official thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507198

There was something disappointing with the transaction though:

Use the link below to download your items. This link may be used up to 5 times before it expires on forever.

Since the game has 5 acts, you have to be careful with the link which is given with your order.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
bummed by last day stuff being just the highlighted dailies while all else lose their discount, so stupid. Was holding out on some stuff to get on the last day guessing the recap day counted for that.
On the last day Garry felt sorry for all of us, and decided to give us a late xmas gift.

Me hopes ya wasn't sleeping, dawg.

Salsa

Gosh darn it, I paid a whole buck more for a game that I could've gotten for a single buck!

dem bucks add up

also whats up with the amateurish "today's deals" screengrab under yesterday's in the OP, and the fact that I cant click on the highlighted indie games image

gosh darn it MRORANGE, no wonder you got banned. Cant put up with this

They weren't really clear, which is probably the least of their sins this time. I checked the store pages for stuff I was holding off on, saw the timer was under 12 hours, and bought.

Yeah, I thought about checking the store page for the timer, but simply didn't care enough. I've reached Steam sale saturation.

Platy

My damage :

TF2 (got an item so it is not free anymore)
Wrath Of The Lamb
Awesomenauts (3 pak)
Castle Crashers (4 pak)
30 Minute Hero
They Bleed Pixels (soundtrack version)
GTA Complete Pack

And bought gifts to friends :

Prince of Persia Collection
GTA San Andreas

Slightly related :

Won Humbe Bundle 7 above average
Won Botanicula
Won Jet Set Radio
Bought a 4 book Neil Gaiman pack (American Gods, Neverwhere, Signal to Noise and Mr Punch)

...not in the mood to think about the monetary damage =|

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Bought Rage since I doubt it can go much cheaper. Really impressed with the performance on my aging pc, so far 100% solid 60 fps with only that texture detail option off since I don't have a quad core and I didn't see much difference on objects with it on anyway. Oh, and AA, I didn't try it yet to see how it affects it. It's true it's not very sharp up close to objects but overall it looks slick in my opinion, if only Borderlands 2's engine was as good I'd have enjoyed it a lot more, it wasn't any sharper either most of the time. The only issue I see so far visually is the slight pop in when looking around or using the binoculars etc but it's not jarring and extreme like in other games that may have it less commonly but way more obvious and annoying. Not like the UE3 games that have texture pop in where it takes a second for it to take effect either. Gunplay feels good so I'm happy for now. Edit: it performs admirably even with 16xAA, it only gets slight frame rate drops with 8xAA, but I'll keep it at 4x personally. If it was any other game I wouldn't mind less than 60fps, or as low as the ~40fps I get with 16xAA, but now that I've sampled it and this is a game that can hold that performance 100% of the time unlike others I might as well keep it).
Oh man... I wish I had given up on the game while I was ahead. I was enjoying almost every part of it and then it just had to go and end with one of the most underwhelming sequences ever. I couldn't believe they botched it like that, I was 99.9% sure it would have more gameplay after the FMV for the real challenging end where the shit finally hit the fan, but nope. No boss, no challenge, nothing to use the fancy new weapon on, just some corridors and switches and it's over. Yikes. The game goes from a solid 8/10 to a 3/10 just for ending like that. What a let down. I don't just mean the video, that was ok, but the final bits of the journey there. People should still be talking about this instead of ME3. I'm glad I did every quest I found (I think I've only left the TV show episodes if they change meaningfully, I've gone through it twice) because if I had left any I wouldn't want to go back, I deleted it right after watching the ending. So awful. They should have fixed it with a patch, at the very least add a boss or something to make it less awful if not a whole new area and mission outcome to make it truly great. What the hell.

Quick

Banned
Sorry if it's off-topic here,but I have my $5 Amazon code from their digital sale. Is there any way for me to give it away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom