• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamDB mentions Battlefront 3 in a recent update.

keraj37

0/name: STAR WARS™ Battlefront III (Classic, 2019)
It says classic...

EDIT: looks like they just will add BFIII classic to steam?
1HExTIN.png

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
It says classic...

EDIT: looks like they just will add BFIII classic to steam?
1HExTIN.png
But... there is no Battlefront III. It was cancelled.
Well, sort of. It was reworked into Battlefront: Elite Squadron for the PSP. Could BF3 Classic be related?

edit: I should perhaps add that I don't think any official sources have ever claimed BF3 was turned into Elite Squadron. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it. But the game has the same lead characters present in old BF3 footage, even some of the exact same cutscenes, as well as the same new mechanics. So like, it's Battlefront III, but it was on the PSP, so nobody realized.

Last edited:

keraj37

But... there is no Battlefront III. It was cancelled.
Well, sort of. It was reworked into Battlefront: Elite Squadron for the PSP. Could BF3 Classic be related?

edit: I should perhaps add that I don't think any official sources have ever claimed BF3 was turned into Elite Squadron. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it. But the game has the same lead characters present in old BF3 footage, even some of the exact same cutscenes, as well as the same new mechanics. So like, it's Battlefront III, but it was on the PSP, so nobody realized.

Boy, I was sure there was BFIII classic, I am dumb.

I thought they said a new BF3 isn't happening?

They had so many assets created for BFIII already so I'm not surprised if they finally finished it so many years later. Or it's the mod of the third game's resources in BFII.

wvnative

Weiiiiiiiiird...

I can no longer find that super high quality internal trailer of battlefront 3 that's been on youtube for years...

.Pennywise

Banned
It's just the Origin games coming back to Steam, they announced the partnership between EA and Valve a few months ago.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I'd be 100% happier if Origin just became an alternative store but we're still going to have to download/install/run the client when purchasing an EA game from Steam.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
More star wars is on Dice's schedule after the strong battlefront outputs this generation.

Top Bottom