• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Starfield First Expansion could be revealed soon

Draugoth

Gold Member
starfield-shattered-space-scaled.webp

https://insider-gaming.com/starfield-shattered-space-coming-soon/

Recently, it was discovered through SteamDB that Starfield’s listing on the platform had been updated to show an ‘unknown app’ in the game’s DLC section.

To put that into perspective, accessing the same section on SteamDB for Fallout 4 reveals a list of the game’s downloadable content, including Nuka-World and the Vault-Tec Workshop.

Oh yeah, that extra stuff I stupidly paid for without having played the game prior (which turned out to be a stinker). Well, here's to hoping it reinvents the game somewhat, because it's going to have to if they want me to play it (I know they don't, I already filled their wallet).

They will probably port the GoTY edition with all DLC content to PS5/Switch 2 in a year or two
This is a bit optimistic, but it's possible depending how other ports do they might change their strategy and port major exclusives like this. We'll just see what happens. It wouldn't be anytime soon, more likely 2026 or beyond.

Topher

Gold Member
This is a bit optimistic, but it's possible depending how other ports do they might change their strategy and port major exclusives like this. We'll just see what happens. It wouldn't be anytime soon, more likely 2026 or beyond.

I would not be surprised to see it happen next year.

Complistic

This is like the only game I beat last year that I wish I hadn't. Just a complete waste of time. It's so bland and uninteresting, I don't see an expansion fixing that.

SJRB

Gold Member
“Get ready to explore this new and exciting part of space by pressing a button, sit through a loading screen, press another button, open a menu, press another button, sit through another loading screen and wait for the landing animation to end, loading screen, get out of your vehicle and loading screen.

Starfield expansion, featuring twelve new and exciting loading screens”

Last edited:

BlazinAm

It's not happening, dude. They've said it so many times. Guess some people don't believe things til they see it. Talk to ya in 2025 when it's still not on PS.
On the topic at hand, Besthesda are in a tough spot right now. They in a position where they have curry favor people who don't have game pass and not underwhelm season pass holders as well. The chances are slim to non that they are going to release content that is going to get people to drop $100 dollars (game+season pass).

The base game is what it is content wise now so if you didn't get it before, are waiting for a serious price drop? Another thing, if you played the game on game pass and didn't like the base game why would come back for the DLC later on? Which is kind of leads into what I wrote below; they need a "fresh" base of users to sell to.

I don't think that Starfield is profitable right now. How many $70 copies could this game have sold on xbox where people don't buy games anymore. And we have seen the steam numbers; healthy week one numbers but it's not covering 200-400 million budget. A ps5 port is Microsoft C-suite decision not coming from Phil Spenser or some xbox rah-rah guy. At that point it's going to be a top priority for Microsoft and the xbox leadership should have already directed Besthesda to invest the manpower towards it.

Big Edit: I am not begging btw the only Sony hardware I have is a launch PS3. But if you watched the Xbox "business update event"; Phil Spenser looked like he was just let out of a straight jacket by the Microsoft board. These games getting ports are not his decision anymore and they are happening.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
I mean the whole every 6 weeks update thing landed like a wet fart so I'm sure this reveal will be exciting.

I'm genuinely curious if any of these legacy game developers can pull out of the nosedive at this point.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The best thing a Starfield DLC could do would to be Far Harbor like and limit the location to one planet and/or system. No randomly generated shit.

You could do something legit good in that regard.

Topher

Gold Member
Phil Spencer is on GAF replying to literally every thread asking for ports? Because that's what's been happening here.

No....Phil Spencer talking to the entire world asking for a port. Good enough for him so why shouldn't folks follow his lead especially when he was the one that dodged the question of Starfield going to PS5 entirely.

gothmog

Gold Member
Phil Spencer is on GAF replying to literally every thread asking for ports? Because that's what's been happening here.
It's annoying but given the recent reality of actual ports from Xbox and what Phil said I don't see it as wishful thinking.

LordCBH

I paid for the deluxe upgrade so I’ll play the dlc. But man the game needs some serious work. I’m convinced they released it unfinished.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Phil Spencer.....Helldivers 2.....any of that port begging ringing a bell?

Come on Topher, that's such a bad analogy. He said one remark in one interview. Meanwhile every single Xbox thread is full of port begging quips, something that used to be a ban-able offense before. You can't have a single Xbox related thread on GAF without this crap here these days.

You know all this.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The port begging here has gotten beyond annoying at this point.
Nah, it's not "port begging." Not even close.

"Please bring this game to PS5" or "I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox PlayStation" = Port begging
"Starfield will come to PS5." = Observation and prediction based on Xbox's recent comments and behavior

Topher

Gold Member
Come on Topher, that's such a bad analogy. He said one remark in one interview. Meanwhile every single Xbox thread is full of port begging quips, something that used to be a ban-able offense before. You can't have a single Xbox related thread on GAF without this crap here these days.

You know all this.

Bullshit. If you are going to call out port begging then you damn well better call it out when it comes from the CEO. You can't have it both ways.

And again, that same CEO is the guy that left the door wide open for a future PS5 ports of both Indiana Jones and Starfield. So once you start bitching about that then maybe you'll have room to point fingers and complain about port begging elsewhere.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Bullshit. If you are going to call out port begging then you damn well better call it out when it comes from the CEO. You can't have it both ways.

And again, that same CEO is the guy that left the door wide open for a future PS5 ports of both Indiana Jones and Starfield. So once you start bitching about that then maybe you'll have room to point fingers and complain about port begging elsewhere.
Xbox is bringing Xbox games to PS5.

Almost every game will be questioned if/when it's coming to PS5. Especially Starfield, which was a part of initial rumors.

Now that the door has been opened by Xbox itself, these conversations are only natural and cannot be shut down by using "no, no, please stop the port begging comments" deflection shield.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

And Phil doing that in one interview knows exactly what can of worms he opened and was way more damaging than people here predicting Starfield to PS5 which like the fake ;) Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 said was part of the leaks

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

What an odd thing to say. What does Phil Spencer's comment about Helldivers, a point that is called out routinely in many topics here mind you, have to do with this? Does that make it OK in your eyes to shit up every Xbox game related thread because Phil Spencer said something elsewhere?

twilo99

What an odd thing to say. What does Phil Spencer's comment about Helldivers, a point that is called out routinely in many topics here mind you, have to do with this? Does that make it OK in your eyes to shit up every Xbox game related thread because Phil Spencer said something elsewhere?

Have you not learned that Phil is the ultimate GAF trigger?

Top Bottom