• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamSpy - Approximate LTD sales for every game on Steam (Updated Daily)

MUnited83

For you.
Hey galyonkin , I was just thinking about this: Would it be possible to track Greenlight data, so we can both check how many votes a certain game had to get on steam, as well as a way to track the games still in Greenlight so we can have some information on the top 100 and what is likely getting Greenlit soon?

I think it would be valuable data, especially to see how much of a bump a inclusion in a Indie Bundle is, for example.

You can already check manually each game by adding it to your favorites (it will put a post on your activity feed and it will have the number of people who voted it up)

Arthea

Hey galyonkin , I was just thinking about this: Would it be possible to track Greenlight data, so we can both check how many votes a certain game had to get on steam, as well as a way to track the games still in Greenlight so we can have some information on the top 100 and what is likely getting Greenlit soon?

I think it would be valuable data, especially to see how much of a bump a inclusion in a Indie Bundle is, for example.

You can already check manually each game by adding it to your favorites (it will put a post on your activity feed and it will have the number of people who voted it up)

But that's only way to check those numbers, as far as I noticed, so it kinda doesn't work, considering how many games are added to greenlight daily.

Also Valve sometimes bypass needed votes still, or there is some other way to get a game greenlit without required number of votes we aren't aware of. Last time I noticed, it happened with Elsinore
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432361257
what I actually approve, it would have been a shame for this game not to be greenlit.

What I want to say, it might be not worth the effort.

madjoki

It's possible and I have been collecting this data for some weeks.

This is what bundling does:

wRqbLda.png

a0k0D7d.png

MUnited83

For you.
But that's only way to check those numbers, as far as I noticed, so it kinda doesn't work, considering how many games are added to greenlight daily.

Also Valve sometimes bypass needed votes still, or there is some other way to get a game greenlit without required number of votes we aren't aware of. Last time I noticed, it happened with Elsinore
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432361257
what I actually approve, it would have been a shame for this game not to be greenlit.

What I want to say, it might be not worth the effort.

It absolutely works though. The whole point is having automated tools that check daily. The number of games added to greenlight per day is irrelevant. If it can be tracked this way, I'd say it would be easy enough for the Steam API to do it as well, and automate it. And even if it wasn't, you could easily create a bot/tool that would be able to get this information. If I remember correctly Steamspy initially didn't use Steam API tools, and he was still able to check millions upon millions of profiles. Checking a few thousand games should be pretty easy compared to that.

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.

It's not available through API, so I'm afraid it's not possible with my current setup :( But I guess it could be done by scraping. Which is against Valve rules, I believe.

madjoki

I'm just curious, how do you check it?

Since greenlight is just a workshop (Like Skyrim Workshop),
generic Workshop API's can be used for it.

I wrote custom client using SteamKit that periodically queries through all "game" and "software" items for Greenlight workshop. (So Concepts & Collections are excluded, because I didn't see need for those)

Arthea

I wrote custom client using SteamKit that periodically queries through all "game" and "software" items for Greenlight workshop. (So Concepts & Collections are excluded, because I didn't see need for those)

I see, could you share more data you got this way, maybe in dedicated thread? It is interesting and I was wondering for a longest time how much more not bundled but great games with good word of mouth and some advertising are getting over bundled games that had no votes to speak of before being bundled and some other statistics. Or finished games having demo against "game ideas" submitted to greenlight, things like that.
I know some numbers by an eye and following greenlight but it's not the same as having wider statistics.

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.

Oh, that's interesting, thanks :)

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
I rewrote my code to offload heavy calculation to async mode instead of on demand mode.

Long story short - the geo tab is accessible again :)

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
I moved most of the heavy stuff to async mode and it allows my server some breathing room :)

So now everyone has access to cross-game audience analysis. Wonder how many people are playing both Rocket League and CS: GO and who they are? Well, now you can check.

Here is how to access it. Go to "Related" tab and click "X-Analysis".

IVl7xRX.png

You can cross-analyze more than two games. Just go to "Related" tab again and click "X-Analysis" again

ml3zxzy.png

Top Bottom