• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steel Assault - Zipline-based 2D action (PC, Kickstarter) - Campaign Successful

ArjanN

Almost at 80%! 34 hours to go!

"Direct traffic (no referrer information)", lol. So I guess that, as far as known external pledges goes, GAF is still #1. :)

Some of those could still be GAF anyway. because it can only really tell if you came from GAF if you followed a direct link.

Geedorah

Some of those could still be GAF anyway. because it can only really tell if you came from GAF if you followed a direct link.

This pretty much sums up how I pledged - heard about the campaign here, set a reminder, and then when the email came around clicked the link via that.

SriK

Just broke 80%! Looks like we're back on track again.

This pretty much sums up how I pledged - heard about the campaign here, set a reminder, and then when the email came around clicked the link via that.

Interesting, so I guess even more of the pledges are probably from GAF than I thought! This is definitely something I'm going to have to talk when I write up the postmortem for our KS. I'm surprised every Kickstarter dev ever doesn't come here and post in the threads for their game, it's a great way to connect and talk to backers (as well as gain new ones) especially when your game isn't getting much press exposure.

prophecy0

I finally backed at the $10 level, but I didn't go there directly from GAF. If this thing is still super close in the final hours I'll probably up my pledge.

ElTopo

Banned
I saw footage of this on the creator's YT channel. He took sprites directly from Shatterhand to make that mock level that you see on the KS page. Any dude who is a fan of Shatterhand is someone I can get behind but I have no money right now to donate. I hope it's successful.

SriK

Thanks, everyone!! We're up to 85% now, with about 20 hours left!

I saw footage of this on the creator's YT channel. He took sprites directly from Shatterhand to make that mock level that you see on the KS page. Any dude who is a fan of Shatterhand is someone I can get behind but I have no money right now to donate. I hope it's successful.

The Shatterhand sprites were our original placeholders, yeah (as you can see in this early video). All our spritework is original now, though, and all the level art has been original for a while. You can read more about the game's development history in this Kickstarter update we posted!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Whoa, you might just scrape over the line after all! Awesome.

I'd have cancelled the campaign and started preparing for another one by now, to tell the truth.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'll keep an eye on this. I love games like Shovel Knight that manages to bring out the beauty of old games rather than shitty "retraux" a lot of indies do.

Orayn

xxZaPZF.png

We're in there.

7oVg7G5.gif

Durante

I'm happy this made it. Not my kind of game, but you can certainly see that a lot of thought went into it and it seems to have a clear vision and the means to accomplish that vision. It would be a sad state of affairs if that couldn't even amount to 8k in a KS campaign.

ElTopo

Banned
I hope it'll be good. The game Oniken matched the visuals of the NES era very well but it just didn't play as well as those classic games. Oniken was still good but something about it felt "off."

sdconvoy

Looks great! Backed! :-D Can't wait for more updates, as the technical explanations have been really good reads so far!

I want to be honest: at some point I thought to cancel my pledge - even because I have the impression it will inevitably be in some bundle three months after its exit - but the margins in the funding are so low I decided to mantain it, to give at SriK more security to complete the game.

Thanks for bumping this! I would have missed it otherwise.

Volgarr the Viking has given me great hope for difficult action platformers from the indie scene. Hope this turns out just as great. :D

Saroyan

I just found this thread and apparently I missed the Kickstarter or I would have backed it. Happy it got funded as I really like the idea of making a game with the restrictions of a Famicom.

Top Bottom