• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteelRising | Trailer

Tschumi

looks like dishonored meets neir automata or whatever... i won't play it unless it gets a metacritic score over 90, I deem. But that pretty much counts for every game that's not from a franchise/developer i consider to be a sure thing.

Notabueno

Banned
Holly molly, never knew so fast that it was a french game.

Although isn't there another much more promising and better designed looking game with the same setting (Lies of P)?

Last edited:

SilentUser

What a fantastic trailer ❤️ that soundtrack and editting. Loved it! Color me impressed and now I'm excited to play this game.

Tschumi

So there are people like you that exist...
think about it, warrior... there are dozens of games out there, there are series i know i like, there are genres i know i like, there are developers i know i like, there are limited hours in the day

i won't play this unless it's a genre-redefining masterpiece.

i mean, is that so dastardly? get stuffed lol

Last edited:

drotahorror

think about it, warrior... there are dozens of games out there, there are series i know i like, there are genres i know i like, there are developers i know i like, there are limited hours in the day

i won't play this unless it's a genre-redefining masterpiece.

i mean, is that so dastardly? get stuffed lol

your mom got stuffed

It kinda annoys me when you have a world full of mechanical enemies, with a mechanical protagonist, and the protagonist's weapon of choice is a fan with sharpened edges... like, WTF are you gonna do with that?

If you're fighting steel automata, at least design the MC with a weapon that would actually be effective against them. Instead of just asking your audience to pretend that the shitty blade fans you've designed would actually do anything.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Steelrising is looking like a respectable tribute to FromSoftware's games, despite its lower budget and rough edges.

Steelrising is set to release on the 8th of September, 2022, on PS5, Xbox Series X | S, Steam and Epic Games Store.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Set in the backdrop of a burning Paris, France, Steelrising features third-person action combat in the vein of Nier or Dark Souls. Explore iconic locations such as the Louvre, the Bastille, and more as you fight your way across the desolate city.

Reactions: Isa

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Lies of P copycat before that one's even out, neat. Doesn't look nearly as well done though, when that one has a chance to actually be close enough to the quality of the games it apes to be worth playing.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Im into it. Weird but looks original.

Spiders doesn't have the most amazing track record. Guess we'll see.
I’m cautiously optimistic. Greedfall was pretty decent, and it seems that each game they have come out with has been better than the last. I forgot this was coming out this week. And I also forgot is was already September lol.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
It kinda annoys me when you have a world full of mechanical enemies, with a mechanical protagonist, and the protagonist's weapon of choice is a fan with sharpened edges... like, WTF are you gonna do with that?

It's metallic fans but they're fast, do good damage and build up immobilization with each attack to when maxed out, freezes the enemy temporary which allows you to inflict a good amount of damage. At first, I was going to use the Alchemist Class but decided on the Dancer Class because of the fans as they also allow you to block attacks which when doing so staggers the enemy for a second or two allowing you to get in a few good attacks.

There’s a demo?

Kinda. If you pre-order the game, you get access to the Beta which is a playable demo of the first two stages. I have played through the demo five times. I'm really hyped for the full game on Thursday. Even pre-ordered the Bastille Edition which includes the future expansion. Overall, the game is really good. Plus for me, there's "assist" options like keeping my Anima Essence (equivalent of souls) upon death which is perfect for me. Four more days to go!!!

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
It's metallic fans but they're fast, do good damage and build up immobilization with each attack to when maxed out, freezes the enemy temporary which allows you to inflict a good amount of damage. At first, I was going to use the Alchemist Class but decided on the Dancer Class because of the fans as they also allow you to block attacks which when doing so staggers the enemy for a second or two allowing you to get in a few good attacks.

Kinda. If you pre-order the game, you get access to the Beta which is a playable demo of the first two stages. I have played through the demo five times. I'm really hyped for the full game on Thursday. Even pre-ordered the Bastille Edition which includes the future expansion. Overall, the game is really good. Plus for me, there's "assist" options like keeping my Anima Essence (equivalent of souls) upon death which is perfect for me. Four more days to go!!!
Yea I’m probably going to check it out. I wanted to initially, but I’m not a huge Soulslike fan just because i am a busy man, I don’t have the time I would like to get better at them, but then I read about assist mode. Im also really waiting for Star Ocean and Valkyrie as well over the next two months, so I’m not 100%.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Yea I’m probably going to check it out. I wanted to initially, but I’m not a huge Soulslike fan just because i am a busy man, I don’t have the time I would like to get better at them, but then I read about assist mode. Im also really waiting for Star Ocean and Valkyrie as well over the next two months, so I’m not 100%.

I'm not a souls fan at all because of how restrictive they are and for me, games have to be my way or I don't play them but in this case, Steel Rising is because of the assist mode. I'm super hyped!!!

Hot5pur

The game looks pretty good. Was debating picking up greedfall by the same dev but meh, seems it was a little too ambitious for the size of studio. In this case, they are probably big enough to do a good job. Will see how reviews shake out. There is also that Thymesia game that came out recently, so between these two I'll grab the better one

Luipadre

Do we know the lenght of this game? This wasnt even on my radar, because the earlier trailers looked terrible but i watched the demo gameplay and it actually looks and now runs pretty decently

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Steelrising is a competent action RPG with an unforgettable setting, but it’s dragged down by its humdrum soulslike formula that doesn’t do anything to make its combat or exploration stand out. Despite having some memorable weapons and enemies, combat often feels imprecise or sloppy, and boss fights are largely forgettable. That said, even if the story is fairly straightforward, the recognizable faces from history you meet and the beautiful French vistas you find them can still help make fighting robots in an alternate history somewhat entertaining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom