• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella has been removed from FFXV; Itamuro writing game; Demo 2 June 9; FFXV not @ E3

Dissidia scriptwriter announcement is the death knell for FFXV as far as I'm concerned. A mainline FF that has been years in the making and you hand the main script writing responsibility over to a gal who wrote the "script" and "dialogue" for a fighting game featuring Final Fantasy characters?

Lord Sakaguchi-san, have mercy on us all!

I completely agree.

Geg

Hoo boy, this misinformation.

The script writer for Dissidia was Daisuke Watanabe, who was co-writer of FFXII and FFXIII.

The person they're saying is writing XV now is not Watanabe, but Saori Itamuro, who seems to have been more like the planner for Dissida and Dissidia 012 rather than the direct script writer.

Even for XV she's credited as scenario designer, not writer.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why does the entire project seem so cobbled together for something that was essentially announced almost a decade ago?

farisr

Don't mean to sound dismissive, but why were people so invested in a character from a game that didn't even exist yet in the first place? Just character design? There seems to be so much controversy surrounding this Stella/Luna stuff and I'm confused why

These are just my thoughts. Well for years people (and myself) only had trailers to latch on to. Stella, when shown, seemed to come off as a strong female character, someone potentially being put at odds against Noctis, whether by choice or not, but seemed like she could kick some real ass. Not a typical female character. (Also liked her character design better)

The "redesigned Stella" or Luna, ever since being revealed has pretty much been shown just sitting, waiting, with a concerned exression on her face, and Noctis' friends are like "she's waiting for you." She's coming off as a damsel in distress/trophy girlfriend ish character, which is very typical and uninspired. Hope I'm wrong and she has some real depth, in the final game, but as of right now it seems a lot of the good things I was excited about are being changed into considerably worse things.

And now with news of the scriptwriter even changing... this game went from "can't wait" status to "I hope it's not a train wreck, I've waited for this game for so damn long"

Frumix

Suffering From Success
ステラれた

Dissidia writer was Daisuke Watanabe by the way. The same guy who wrote actual scripts for both 12 and 13, as out there as it sounds? I think the person in question is one of the scriptwriters for 012, not the original Dissidia? They were both pretty bad but it also means that much like with Watanabe, we don't really know shit to make a judgement call.

I mean... Nojima is still credited as the "Story by" guy, as opposed to "Written by", if we make an analogy with movie writing.
And Final Fantasy has rarely been actually well written so the outrage is cute.

vareon

Maybe the writer was too burdened to write all the characters in Dissidia, but she can write better in XV?

Maybe?

I don't know

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Basically every line in dissidia is cringeworthy but they didn't really have much to work with.

The script writer for Dissidia was Daisuke Watanabe, who was co-writer of FFXII and FFXIII.

The person they're saying is writing XV now is not Watanabe, but Saori Itamuro, who seems to have been more like the planner for Dissida and Dissidia 012 rather than the direct script writer.

ステラれた

Dissidia writer was Daisuke Watanabe by the way. The same guy who wrote actual scripts for both 12 and 13, as out there as it sounds? I think the person in question is one of the scriptwriters for 012, not the original Dissidia? They were both pretty bad but it also means that much like with Watanabe, we don't really know shit to make a judgement call.

Hmm.

Maebe

Stella looked cool from the trailers.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Luna. Other than the fact that I don't think she's a suitable replacement for Stella.

The sparse footage of Luna that we've seen gives me the impression that her role in the game is going to be small in terms of agency, and will likely be someone Noctis needs to rescue mostly.

Compared to Stella, who had her own sword powers like Noctis and looked to be his equal/rival in combat, which looked a lot better to me than someone who just sits in a chair clutching her chest..

I may be trivializing a bit but I honestly don't see what Luna adds over Stella. At least to me it seems an interesting character was replaced with one that doesn't inspire any confidence as to whether she will do more than say some things and possibly get rescued by Noctis and co.

We've only seen a small part of the game so this could change in the final product but Luna's design and demeanor in the trailer doesn't inspire confidence towards this.

I feel the same way. So far she's just sat in a chair looking worried, would rather an action girl as Stella was presented

Nova Crystallis ‏@Nova_Crystallis 10m10 minutes ago
Sounds like sequels are out, for one. They want to do a complete story in one game.

This is very good. I don't mind sequels. I'd like them, in fact. But the first game needs to have closure. If Nomura's original story had the game end on some "to be continued" cliffhanger bullshit then fuck that.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
STELLAAAA!!

Atleast we'll always have dreams, right Kagari?

This seriously sucks, it seems they aren't at all following the original plan like previously advertised, but we could see that as soon as her design changed from the 2013 trailer.

What is the difference between them other than hair style?

Stella was an action girl who was in the enemy Kingdom and could also see the "light" of death. She was a capable fighter, had crazy powers and probably would have been a sub boss character as she was the opposite to Noctis.

Luna is most likely just a regular woman who probably is not close to the fighting at all, and so the hope for female party representation even in guest doses drops...

Dark_castle

Thanks for the name.

Too bad she only seem to have Dissidia as her past work. That certainly doesn't inspire much confidence, lol. :x

Interfectum

This is very good. I don't mind sequels. I'd like them, in fact. But the first game needs to have closure. If Nomura's original story had the game end on some "to be continued" cliffhangar bullshit then fuck that.

Any cliffhangers will be answered in the inevitable mobile exclusive FF15 spinoffs.

DJIzana

It is hilarious how much GAF has developed a waifu-complex over a character seen in a 3 minute trailer 9 years ago.

Hahahaha no kidding. Sucks for legit fans. I was pissed at Square Enix a long time ago but that's just simply due to them not sharing anything about the game. I'm still as excited as ever. The writer doesn't make a huge deal to me nor a character we knew next to nothing about. As long as the game has cool characters, has a good art direction and some good exploration and fun combat then that's all I need.

There's a reason there's no e3 trailer for FFXV. Nojima has obviously been taken off this game along with Nomura so that they can work on the Final Fantasy 7 Remake that they'll be showing off in place of XV at e3.

Right guys?

I'm devastated that a character that has only been shown in trailers for a total of 2 minutes, had no real dialogue or character traits, and performed no notable actions has been replaced with a character that looks exactly the same just with a different haircut.

A sad day for the gaming community, nay humanity as a whole.

jimmypython

ステラれた

I mean... Nojima is still credited as the "Story by" guy, as opposed to "Written by", if we make an analogy with movie writing.
And Final Fantasy has rarely been actually well written so the outrage is cute.

I thought "story by" was Nomura no?

Kikujiro

They originally said there would be a small trailer at E3, so when they say FFXV won't be at E3 does that mean the trailer too?

They changed idea, they will show the new trailer at Gamescom (should be in the title, so people don't freak out as always), since it's only a month away. They will do the next ATR in Germany as well.

They changed idea, they will show the new trailer at Gamescom (should be in the title, so people don't freak out as always), since it's only a month away. They will do the next ATR in Germany as well.
K cool, thanks for the info. I think the thread title is running out of room though, lol.

Klossen

Banned
Stella has been removed from Final Fantasy XV.
giphy.gif

I really liked her design.

Certinty

Should have just cancelled Versus XIII and announced this as a completely different game as XV instead of just saying they changed the title.

Top Bottom