• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

R6Rider

Gold Member
Damn Im still exploring and knocking out sidequests in the wasteland at 21 hours 😆
I'm just a better gamer.

Jokes aside there are probably a few things I missed, but I've been fully exploring everywhere. I know there's a few chests I need to go back and unlock now that I have their code.

Zimmy68

Man, I love this game and completely suck at it.
It is great to finally beat a boss after 5-6 attempts, then get 3 hit by some standard street walking alien.
It has that "tough" enemies without feeling like they are sponges.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Big surprise for me was the cyberpunk post-human aesthetic from the characters. The game really dials home that Ghost in the Shell and Alita influence. It reminds me of Deus Ex in a way where I just had to take photos of all the cool looking augmented characters.

There are lots of detail in the designs. I also noticed that the game keeps track of the falling momentum so you can’t double jump to reset the jump height to prevent damage. You can however time it to roll cancel the damage (unless it’s a fatal jump).

The game could really build on an Eve Must Die mode once the players have unlocked all of the skills.

Last edited:
bSGc5eh.jpeg

Now how can I unlock this outfit 🤔
200.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gamefly delivered my copy today, gonna put Kenzara Zau on hold (was starting to get into it).

edit: I thought there was a day 1 patch? My console isn't downloading anything, just copying the game.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I can tell I'll love this after starting it tonight. I only dabbled with the demo and basically just did the first few fights but played it for about 2 hours tonight.

I love the rain and vibe in the first map coupled with the music. This is what gaming is all about for me since I was a kid, rather than online play.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This only plays for a short time in an area which is a shame because it really stood out to me.

The chorus gives a grand feel to it and I can't describe that effect they use @ 1:34
I love it
Listening to it through my home theater is awesome but I only heard it once because it don't play through the rest of the level which is odd.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I was supposed to receive my copy tomorrow, but now it wouldn't be until Wednesday or Thursday.
Fucking hell...
Where did you order from?

I got mine on release day from Amazon, which nowadays is extremely uncommon for me. The last three titles I pre-ordered for launch came a week later.

Last edited:

solidus12

Where did you order from?

I got mine on release day from Amazon, which nowadays is extremely uncommon for me. The last three titles I pre-ordered for launch came a week later.
I live in Morocco, no Amazon for me.
Just from the gray market...

Official gaming shops won't be getting it for at least another week.

Aenima

Unlocking new ourfits is so addicting. The atention to detail each one of the outfits has is remarcable considering the amount of diferent outfits in the game. And EVE fills them up really good.

Also just unlocked the last skill three. Its gonna be hard for any other game to detrone this one as my GOTY.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Unlocking new ourfits is so addicting. The atention to detail each one of the outfits has is remarcable considering the amount of diferent outfits in the game. And EVE fills them up really good.

Also just unlocked the last skill three. Its gonna be hard for any other game to detrone this one as my GOTY.
Yeah the game is paced well when it comes to gameplay elements and it keeps getting better.

Hoping they have some expansions planned for it.

Synastry

Fully agree I was not expecting the last skill tree to be that.(y)

Aenima

Yeah the game is paced well when it comes to gameplay elements and it keeps getting better.

Hoping they have some expansions planned for it.
Yeah when i reached the wastelands i was not feeling the open world design as much as the more linear design from the previous area, but as i kept exploring the wastelands, finding secrets, hidden paths, trying to reach places that i knew there was boxes there but i had no idea how to reach it, the place became an amazing playground for exploration , puzzle solving and combat. They ended up making one of my favorite level designs for an open world area.

Whats more impressive is all this came from a studio making they first AAA game.

That boss fight against (major spoilers post-Wasteland) Tachy though, so fucking good, the Angel become an Angel of Death. I was hoping we'd get to play as her ala A2 in Automata but getting her powers and a whole new skill tree are the next best thing.

Nearing 20 hours now, game keeps delivering the goods. Started exploring the Great Desert so I should be here for a long time. Wish it was more visually distinct from the Wasteland area but it's a minor gripe when the gameplay and music are so good. It helps that EVE is arguably the hottest protagonist/character in the history of the medium, sorry Bayo/Lara/2B/Morrigan/Tifa/Cammy/Juliet and all the rest.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why is her arse so shiny all the time lol, they're taking 'hero lighting' to new heights.

progress: Just past Gigas. I really hope there's no overlap in the resources for costumes vs upgrades.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why is her arse so shiny all the time lol, they're taking 'hero lighting' to new heights.

progress: Just past Gigas. I really hope there's no overlap in the resources for costumes vs upgrades.
Gigas reminded me of a TPS RE enemy. Boss fights have been great. I have downed 6 bosses so far according to my trophies. I’d buy another game from this studio if the rest of the game delivers.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
This game is a masterpiece. One of the best games I played this generation.

1. Returnal
2. Elden Ring
3. Stellar Blade

And I played most AAA games on PlayStation.

I came for the ass but stayed because of the combat, gameplay, music, story and graphics.

Really does feel like 2024’s sleeper hit with fantastic gameplay just like Returnal

Zheph

Resources for costumes are extremely cheap to buy anyway

Filben

Sometimes Eve decides to hop over a rail into a pitfall. Its kind of weird.
And she stops at every little edge for a second even if it is safe to jump off. So going down a succession of edges takes much more time and feels more "janky" than it should.

Loving every bits of this game, even exploration is exciting. I can even keep staring at screen without doing anything. Such a wonderful game.
Not saying in context of appearance (although that a plus point) but the overall music of this game, the graphics, the gameplay is really fascinating.

When I complete this at 100% I'd still want more of this. I hope we get the sales figure soon because this deserves to be sold.

Only a few hours in but it's an awesome game. Combat is a lot of fun and can be genuinely challenging. You can't just hack and slash your way through it.

Music is awesome and the graphics are great. Also playing with the Korean VO since it's a Korean game. No idea why anyone would want to play with English VO, it would look weird and sound bad.

tommib

Are some areas only accessible after getting a double jump or something? There's two places in the wastelands that I just can't get into.

GooseMan69

This game is a masterpiece. One of the best games I played this generation.

1. Returnal
2. Elden Ring
3. Stellar Blade

And I played most AAA games on PlayStation.

I came for the ass but stayed because of the combat, gameplay, music, story and graphics.

It’s the most fun I’ve had all gen, straight up. I’m liking it more than all of the darlings that people have been circle jerking over for the last few years.

Wow what a great opening sequence. Got a really good feeling about this one.

The effort that went into making Eve's bum so beautiful is also reflected in the effort that went into designs for the tech, monsters, and environments. Sometimes literally reflected. Because that is one shiny heinie.

But can I ax is Eve a robut? Because the other stellar babe was talking about her "body frame" but then I see blood so not really sure

Fishing has been a staple mini-game in many RPG's but this might be one of my favourite implementations of it, SB does (almost) everything right and more often than not *better* than the rest. Really loved seeing this sidequest through to it's conclusion:

vyDBydU.jpeg

Last edited:

GooseMan69

Side quests are surprisingly decent. Just did one involving a bar owner in the city with a conclusion that was honestly kinda heartfelt and touching, with nice looking cutscenes and all. Was worried it would be like FF16 side quests (never again). The bulletin board ones are pretty dry though. But they are short and simple and can easily be done while exploring other stuff out in the world. They don’t bug me at all.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Overall I knew the game will be good but I didn't expect to be blown away as much as I am.

Not everything is perfect tho, and it's gaf so instead of focusing on the positives I'll take this opportunity to complain:

Platforming is wonky as fuck sometimes. A lot of it has to do with inconsistent environment collision where Eve sometimes acts "sticky" (prevents you from falling off a ledge) but sometimes doesn't and tends to drop, very annoying. On the main story path, it only felt egregious on Eidos 9 (I wouldn't be surprised to see patch notes on this one soon), but then a lot of the extracurricular stuff in the open world, especially regarding collecting cans is exactly about pushing traversal mechanics to their limit, putting your jank resistance to the test.

While we're at it both open-world maps are pretty and fun to explore - they pale in comparison to the quality bar of campaign missions. Because there is no such thing as skipping a side quest - those break the pace of the campaign a bit too hard and I felt super OP in the process killing 75% of bosses first try due to XP gained this way but I'm aware that's very much a me issue.

There is just ton of optional content, way more than I expected, I finished every bulletin board mission including hours upon hours of the fishing minigame... it's not RDR2 but it's nicely done.

The story is also actually better than I expected, the only big downside is the whole story arc of Adam, to put it this way, really makes no sense. Maybe I missed something, I'll wait for someone to read all the in-game codex and unpack it for me on youtube, while I'm straight into NG+, turns out it unlocks additional upgrade paths to motivate re-exploring which is another great surprise.

Those minor gripes aside the game is just incredible, with best-in-class combat system, polished to spectacular perfection.

9/10

Last edited:
If this is what censorship looks like we need more of it:

All jokes aside, it's curious that they changed the Bunny outfit when you've got stuff like this in the game, very strange indeed. Costumes designs are so damn good in SB and there are so many of of them, never had this much fun playing dress-up in a videogame before.

DelireMan7

it's curious that they changed the Bunny outfit when you've got stuff like this in the game
The director basically the final Bunny outfit (post patch), was the definitive version. The 1.0 version was unfinished.
True or not, I don't know but as you mentioned the game is full of sexy, horny outfit/camera so I don't get why people are crying for it.

If they change the sword design nobody would have care. But remove a bit of cleavage on a game full of it and it's the end of the world for some...

The director basically the final Bunny outfit (post patch), was the definitive version. The 1.0 version was unfinished.
True or not, I don't know but as you mentioned the game is full of sexy, horny outfit/camera so I don't get why people are crying for it.

If they change the sword design nobody would have care. But remove a bit of cleavage on a game full of it and it's the end of the world for some...

I know what the director said but we all know that's bullshit. Sony likely asked for the change which again is strange given how racy a lot of the other costumes are. The *only* reason I can think of is Bunny showed too much skin, nothing else makes sense. Sucks that it was changed but it's clear the dev's hands are tied, there is still more than enough "eye-candy" in the game.

Top Bottom