• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The fishing is much easier if you adjust the controls for it in the options menu. Super easy.

Does your soda can collection # carry over into NG+? That's probably the ONE thing I wont complete on my first run. Seems more appropriate for the NG+ cleanup.

Also need to find a guide on fishing spots. I figured there'd be fish at the end of the great desert hyper tube when you land in the pool of water below but nope.

They really went all out with the music of this game. It feels like they were making the big budget sequel to the soundtracks of the Nier games and I'm here for it

Nydius

Does your soda can collection # carry over into NG+? That's probably the ONE thing I wont complete on my first run.

Yes, it does. The collection display is already at the landing pad when you first land at Xion.

Edit:
Also need to find a guide on fishing spots.
IIRC there's only five where you can catch everything:

Great Desert: Oasis
Eidos 7: Under the clock tower
Eidos 9: Lily's hideout
Xion: The pool at the path to the wasteland
Wasteland: Uh... can't remember the name of it but that one industrial area that's flooded.

There's also the small pool in the Wasteland near the solar tower but you can't catch anything particularly unique there. The only reason you'd need a guide, really, is for bait. You can catch everything with the right bait at Eidos 7, the two Wastelands spots, and the Oasis.

Last edited:
I think the only issue I have with the game is that they clearly want you to play through multiple times. They needed to handle this Nier-style, where it skips you ahead to the point where changes occur. They really expect me to play through the entire game again after spending 50 hours getting 99% completion, just so I can change one decision at the end?

I thought I could just blast through the game, but even Eidos 7 took foreveerrr despite running past enemies and skipping cutscenes. Is it really worth spending five more hours just to see a different ending?

I completed all of Nier’s endings and they handled it perfectly there.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yes, it does. The collection display is already at the landing pad when you first land at Xion.

Edit:

IIRC there's only five where you can catch everything:

Great Desert: Oasis
Eidos 7: Under the clock tower
Eidos 9: Lily's hideout
Xion: The pool at the path to the wasteland
Wasteland: Uh... can't remember the name of it but that one industrial area that's flooded.

There's also the small pool in the Wasteland near the solar tower but you can't catch anything particularly unique there. The only reason you'd need a guide, really, is for bait. You can catch everything with the right bait at Eidos 7, the two Wastelands spots, and the Oasis.

Thank you!

DelireMan7

After I hook a fish, I use the L3 (left analog stick) in the opposite direction the fish is moving. But then what do I do with the SQUARE button? "Overpower". Do I click that? Fast? Slow? Do I hold it?
Sometimes, time runs out. Other times I get to the next stage where I have to hold the R2 trigger half way to get the arrow between the blue lines or whatever...etc

I've never caught one yet hahaha
You have to mash Square when stirring the rod in the opposite direction of the fish

Doomtrain

For people hunting for the platinum, has anyone found a good strategy for knowing what camps/cores/etc. you missed? Cans are easy because the game tells you which ones you have, but for the rest, it's looking like I might just go through every area again with a guide and manually cross things off once I'm certain I have it.

For people hunting for the platinum, has anyone found a good strategy for knowing what camps/cores/etc. you missed? Cans are easy because the game tells you which ones you have, but for the rest, it's looking like I might just go through every area again with a guide and manually cross things off once I'm certain I have it.
I missed one camp somewhere. Damned if I am going to go through the entire game just to find it.

Shakka43

After I hook a fish, I use the L3 (left analog stick) in the opposite direction the fish is moving. But then what do I do with the SQUARE button? "Overpower". Do I click that? Fast? Slow? Do I hold it?
Sometimes, time runs out. Other times I get to the next stage where I have to hold the R2 trigger half way to get the arrow between the blue lines or whatever...etc

I've never caught one yet hahaha
Go fast with the square button, the objective is to drain the white bar(overpower) as quickly as possible. If you still find it too hard there is an option in the accessibilities settings to make it easier.

rofif

Banned
This happened to me as well, if you don't take your PS5 offline before installing it seems to auto-patch. Never fear, uninstall, take Ps5 offline, then reinstall off disc and you will be in 1.000 with the glorious high cut outfits.

The lack of Enya shots in this thread is disturbing as well. Not really sure how "humans" work with all these implants/outright robot parts, but I can only imagine her and Su bumping parts together like something out of Team America :p

OwtE9LI.jpeg

I would have taken more screenshots but last thing I want is for my wife or kids to see all these upskirt shots :p Surprisingly enough I've been able to play with the bunny suit, bikini, or one of the more racy miniskirt outfits without anyone else walking in and asking questions. Been a while since there has been a sexy game, other than maybe those somewhat awkward hook-ups in Terminator:Resistance.
Lol at some point after few days of looking over my shoulder, I just called my wife, sat her ass down and showed her all the outfits lol.
Better be out with this. WIFE, I AM NO PLAYING THIS. MAKE PEACE WITH IT :p
I said "Listen, this suit without pants is called orca engineer and they don't need pants! now you excuse me, I got fishing to do in order to unlock sexy main bikini!"

Last edited:
Brute II: Electric Brutaloo taught me the importance of knowing which attacks to party and which attacks to dodge. Once I figured that out, I downed him without much difficulty.

The timing on Perfect Dodge is so shit in this game. I have no issues Perfect Parrying anything but the moment I have to dodge even though it looks like I pressed the button at the perfect time, I still get fucking killed and it's fucking frustrating

DelireMan7

The timing on Perfect Dodge is so shit in this game. I have no issues Perfect Parrying anything but the moment I have to dodge even though it looks like I pressed the button at the perfect time, I still get fucking killed and it's fucking frustrating
I had the same problem. But with some practice I finally understood the timing and can perfect dodge quiet consistently.
But it took quite a while to get use to it

I've always respected Korean developers for not giving a fuck where ideas are from and just putting them in their games if they like it

The game has an exact replica of the Uncharted 2 opening sequence where Eve has to escape from a crashed train which is falling and it's such an obvious homage that it's fucking adorable to witness

Also the game straight up has Half-Life headcrabs and they are even more annoying here because the devs purposely put a lot of corpses in the rooms for the headcrabs

They're narrow and on point as it supposed to be. Perfect in my opinion. I practiced and it served me well. Here's my video of last night 2nd Alpha Naytiba. The perfect dodges and parries feels awesome to pull off.

2nd BOSS SPOILERS BELOW

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Lol at some point after few days of looking over my shoulder, I just called my wife, sat her ass down and showed her all the outfits lol.
Better be out with this. WIFE, I AM NO PLAYING THIS. MAKE PEACE WITH IT :p
I said "Listen, this suit without pants is called orca engineer and they don't need pants! now you excuse me, I got fishing to do in order to unlock sexy main bikini!"
I can only imagine the conversation of explaining to her why forspoken is a good game and no one else gets it.

4atzqe.jpg

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I can only imagine the conversation of explaining to her why forspoken is a good game and no one else gets it.

4atzqe.jpg
Goddamn, never has a single picture made me LOATHE a guy so much, just....EVERYTHING about his look, his posture....he could be a literal SAINT sitting there with his sister for all I know and I still hate him :p

So I went can and suit hunting last night. Didn't realize that the first trip to space wasn't the final trip, so I go to some place called the spire and can still tool around wrapping up fishing and whatnot? I'm down to just the prayer mission and fishing stuff left but seems like space is next to go.

Some people can't get the fact inside their thick skull that beneath the cover of a sexy protagonist there's a wonderful gem of a game.

Last edited:
z0Z2fAZ.jpeg

This is an interesting bit of social commentary which will likely be missed or misinterpreted by Americans or Europeans.

Shift Up are of course a Korean dev, and most people don't realize that Korea is quite literally owned by about 3 corporations which is what this is referring to. The Samsung Group is single handedly responsible for 30% of Korea's entire export GDP.

In Korea you can quite literally be born in a Samsung hospital, live in a Samsung housing district in Seoul, your Samsung apartment is filled with Samsung appliances, your phone and computer are Samsungs, you'll be destined to work for Samsung your entire life, and when you die you'll be cremated in a Samsung funeral home. I'm not making this up.

The insane and desperate hyper-corporatism and hyper-capitalism in Korea was famously shown in Squid Game, and it's why Korea now has the world's lowest birth rate by a wide margin and the highest suicide rate by a wide margin of all developed nations.

Last edited:

Doomtrain

Just beat this last night. The last couple fights near the end are absolute highlights of the game, as was the final major area. Great game overall. I really hope they get to do a sequel.

Last edited:

Felessan

It enrages me that after enduring so much shit from the media and the woke crowd all they got is the same bullshit from the other side of the aisle. They have put a lot of effort and care in this and all people talked about was the made-up controversies. Fucking manbabies, seriously. I would stick to PC or mobile next time.
Anti-woke zealots just as crazy and toxic as woke ones.
"Oh no, they changed panties line by 2 pixels - they are Censoring! it, we must rage quit" - the change is so minor and outfits are still lewd (and many lewd one were not affected at all) - maybe change was made not to censor but to better represent the intended image? of course no, it's all woke sweet baby blablabla conspiracy theory.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
A lot of the platforming in this game is just bad. Feels like 2012 PS3 bad.

But the combat is still hitting so I persevere.

Eiknarf

First of all, change the fishing controls in the settings menu. Unless you want to constantly mash R2 and Square.

Secondly, you need fishing data. You simply can't catch more powerful fish without it as you are too weak. Buy them off the fisherman, and get another from the Bulletin board quests involving fishing. And check the fisherman again, I think he eventually stocks the last one too. Then you will notice how easy fishing is since you deplete their stamina much faster.
Did it
and now I can catch fish

Thanks

Did bulletin quests too

Tomorrow I’ll spend the day fishing the waters of different places

LMAO they should have just played One-Winged Angel during that fight. It could not have been more obviously a Sephiroth reference. The best part is now I've unlocked Sephiroth Mode and I can Sephiroth for awhile too. I'm not complaining

DelireMan7

I am just before going to space apparently.

I start to fatigue a bit from the game.
Combat is still great and actually enjoying the story.
But the side content kind of burn me out. I have the feeling I spend hours and hours in the great desert and going to some previous area to do some missions.

For most part platforming was fine (I hate platforming ), but lately there wad some annoying part for me.
A some "a mistake and you start the whole section" annoyed me. I just passed a section where you have to avoid defense sentries shooting missile at you. It's one shoot and you die... The section is rather long for this kind of gameplay...

Also I have feeling the boxes (normal or even those with password/pirating mini game) don't give me reward anymore. Just resources I already have more that I need. Or ammunition (that you can refill at each camp...) It's a bit strange.
Some boxes are quite hidden but just gives abundant resources.

A bit a negative post but overall the game is pretty good.

Eiknarf

I need three more fish to have em all

I got one of the two largest ones

And need two more of the size below

Any special place or bait I need to use?

Nydius

I need three more fish to have em all

I got one of the two largest ones

And need two more of the size below

Any special place or bait I need to use?

The two largest ones can only be caught with Fantastic Bait, both at the Oasis. The other larger ones all seem to prefer fish slice bait and are either in Eidos 7 clock tower or Oasis.

I have feeling the boxes (normal or even those with password/pirating mini game) don't give me reward anymore. Just resources I already have more that I need.
This is true about halfway through the game. You will also find far more upgrade materials than you need if you are opening every chest and doing the quests. I suppose it’s nice for the folks who only do the main quests to be able to fully upgrade.

The fishing is gonna be the one thing that kills me for the plat. I just can’t dude. The randomness of it all. If this were 20 years ago sure but
It didn’t seem random to me at all. You just have to fish at several spots. I did one short fishing stint at each spot and caught all the fish on the first try. I think the game weights it towards you catching fish you have yet to find.

Last edited:
Top Bottom