• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Bartski

Gold Member
so the boss rush mode isn't actually boss rush just a menu you can fight every boss in any order. Still pretty cool tho, but no rewards for beating hard mode bosses at base level setting disappoints

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
so the boss rush mode isn't actually boss rush just a menu you can fight every boss in any order. Still pretty cool tho, but no rewards for beating hard mode bosses at base level setting disappoints

I wish they did something like the blood palace in DMC, and also included the thee guardian sisters (the sexy ones with the spears)

Last night I got to that boss of the track posted above. The difficulty spike is crazy, like going from DMC normal mode to Dante Must Die. Some cheap moves, too.

You know it’s a good game when you’re 10+ hours into NG+ and still loving it.
I’m curious what you do? I mean, I did 99% of the content the first time. What are you even doing the second time? Everything dies instantly even on hard difficulty, and there is little reason to explore.

Kupfer

FAMITSU: I have a feeling that users are eagerly awaiting a so-called "photo mode" in the update that will allow them to take pictures freely.

Kim: Unfortunately, we can't give it to you right away, but we would like to implement it. If we do implement it, we want to make sure it is of high quality, and we are in the process of making it, so please be patient.

famitsu: Do you mean that you want to implement a function that goes beyond simply stopping time and taking pictures?

Kim: We are looking at a variety of features, so please bear with us.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
The more I push into the game, the more unresponsive I find it. It feels like I am playing a unrefined PS3 game at times. I may just set it to story mode.'

Edit: also if your game is so poor that you need endless "hints", you should have just made a better game

Last edited:

Aenima

I’m curious what you do? I mean, I did 99% of the content the first time. What are you even doing the second time? Everything dies instantly even on hard difficulty, and there is little reason to explore.
In NG+ thers new skills to unlock, can upgrade your character even further, 30+ outfits to unlock (most are color variations from the outfits collected in 1st run), some extra enemies here and there. Different final boss if you make a different choice in the end.

To me the reason i beated the game 3 times, was to collect all the outfits, see all endings but essentially cuz i was just having alot of fun with the combat.

Last edited:
New suits, new abilities, and generally having a good time.
Hmm, okay. The suits are just re-colours, and there are no new abillities, just additions to existing abilities. Thanks.

In NG+ thers new skills to unlock, can upgrade your character even further, 30+ outfits to unlock (most are color variations from the outfits collected in 1st run), some extra enemies here and there. Different final boss if you make a different choice in the end.

To me the reason i beated the game 3 times, was to collect all the outfits, see all endings but essentially cuz i was just having alot of fun with the combat.
I think this is the second best game I have played in the past year, but what you are describing is 5-10 more hours of skipping cutscenes and wading through easy battles. I'd be more inclined just to start a new game.

Last edited:

Inuteu

finished the game yesterday

thought I would get the platinum, cause a collected asolutely everything, but found out that I need to complete the game 2 more times. One time, ok. 2? forget about it

amazing boss fights and boss design. Hope a DLC or a sequel comes soon (hopefully SB2 will be on Unreal 5)

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Finally finished! Reloaded and was able to get both endings! Both final bosses went down on the first try (was really expecting a hell of a tough fight from the comments here).

Gonna wait a bit before I jump into NG+ but yeah, def will be in the top 5 for the year for me

Sabina Altynbekova.
Please mute the audio, the attached music can be annoying to some.

from 2014
N4HkMnQ.jpeg

XRuvf6B.jpeg

Finally starting into my NG+ playthrough goddamn the Raven suit looks great on Eve

Raven better be the star of an upcoming DLC or even the sequel

Today's reminder that Mother Sphere is a liar

Bartski

Gold Member

Also, lol @

- Raven's song and some other songs are in an invented language

it's just English sounding gibberish rofif rofif

lmao I was thinking of the same. I think the first track is in Korean (??), while the second one sounds like a Korean singer who doesn't know English, trying to sing in English. I'm usually quite good at decoding lyrics by ear, not this time.

My fav tune is easily flooded sector and the Spire 4 theme (the latter somehow not on youtube?)

jason10mm

Gold Member
Can someone start a petition for Raven DLC scenario?
Perhaps with a alternate "what-if" outcome.

gydklsk.jpeg

photo by ujb3310
Does she have the same face as tachy, or just eerily similar? I don't feel like we really get a good sense of the Colony of these andro-eidos things in relation to whatever up there is calling themselves "human" compared to the cyborg monstrosities hanging out on earth but I can only imagine it's chock full of slight variations of the same half dozen school girl looking chicks.

Eiknarf

Does she have the same face as tachy, or just eerily similar? I don't feel like we really get a good sense of the Colony of these andro-eidos things in relation to whatever up there is calling themselves "human" compared to the cyborg monstrosities hanging out on earth but I can only imagine it's chock full of slight variations of the same half dozen school girl looking chicks.
I don't think Raven and Tacky look too much alike. Different eyes, cheek bones...etc

Finished the game earlier this week and planning on starting NG+ later today.

I'd give this game a 9/10 if only because the environmental design becomes very same-y and pretty underdeveloped characters. Even then, the excellent art direction, god-tier soundtrack, interesting story and themes, and, of course, the excellent combat really takes this game to the next level.

I'm especially impressed with the combat, which is saying a lot considering how great the other aspects of the game are. Looking forward to a sequel - I'm sure it'll be stellar.

Yeah I can see a subtle resemblance. Lily's face is very different from these two.
n3zw5Lk.jpeg

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Raven has more subtle Caucasian features, Tachy looks very Korean (as does Adam)
Yup
I’m married to and around Korean family and friends all the time, so I can see the differences

But many “white folks” have trouble telling different Asians apart. Thats why they think “all Asians look the same”. But there’s an explanation: It’s because people of one race often don't have much practice with individuals of other racial groups and are thus less capable of recognizing distinguishing features.

And it goes both ways. Asians can’t tell whites apart either at first. Friends from Asia who’ve recently come to the states ask for clarification on characters in Western movies all the time—“Caucasians all look the same” to them at first

Last edited:

Umbral

Yup
I’m married to and around Korean family and friends all the time, so I can see the differences

But many “white folks” have trouble telling different Asians apart. Thats why they think “all Asians look the same”. But there’s an explanation: It’s because people of one race often don't have much practice with individuals of other racial groups and are thus less capable of recognizing distinguishing features.

And it goes both ways. Asians can’t tell whites apart either at first. Friends from Asia who’ve recently come to the states ask for clarification on characters in Western movies all the time—“Caucasians all look the same” to them at first
This is how we fix society.

Go_Ly_Dow

Completed it

Enjoyed the visuals, music, combat, systems and general vibe of the game. I hope they make a big sequel.

As for the story and characterisation, they felt a bit wooden and the plot was largely predictable (not talking about the designs which were all great). So in terms of this kind of plot I massively prefer NieR Automata and Replicant. But I felt come the end of it with the various reveals that there was enough in it to keep me intrigued for a sequel.

It's also got me mega hyped for the next NieR game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom