• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Segal, speaking from Moscow, blasts NFL Anthem protests and defends Putin

Status
Not open for further replies.
bruce-lee-1248293.jpg

Because it's not for actual combat, Lee.

Dredd97

This is all part of the plan for Casey R..

get fat and out of shape, with velcro hair.. he lulls Putin in to a false sense of security, then Bam!.. Casey will execute Putin..

(probably by falling on him from out of tree or something..)

It's all part of his Navy Seal training.. :)

Jesus Christ, that is just beyond ridiculous. Thing is, I honestly believe he believes it is real.

I dont want to burst anyones bubble but Segal is accredited

Dude has Blackbelts in Karate, Judo, and Kendo. And even worse. Hes like the highest grade Akido.

My coworker is like a high grade akido student and showed me this simple wrist grab and destroyed my wrist with no effort

Dude has Blackbelts in Karate, Judo, and Kendo. And even worse. Hes like the highest grade Akido.

My coworker is like a high grade akido student and showed me this simple wrist grab and destroyed my wrist with no effort

He is just old and fat now though. That one gif only looks silly because he is not fit anymore.

mlclmtckr

Banned

did that wrist grab require you to stick out your arm in a very specific way? because aikido is actually kind of bullshit for any real-world application.

Here is him when he is younger and fitter.

https://youtu.be/cwFwSIMmq4g

Bruce Lees whole point about classical mess is that these routines and shit are bullshit. They are like the snake oil salesmen of self defense.
I bought into it for sure.

I love martial arts. I used to study Hung Gar Kung Fu. It was great for fitness and control of my mind and body. But after I got my ass kicked by someone who actually knew how to fight, I began to see what Bruce was talking about. Aikido is a great example of a martial art that shouldnt be taken to learn self defense.

Bruce tried to get away from all the traditional stuff. And my sifu hated him for it.

Tater

did that wrist grab require you to stick out your arm in a very specific way? because aikido is actually kind of bullshit for any real-world application.

Actual aikido practitioner here - I've used it to stop a couple of fights, it can be very effective when used properly. It certainly isn't perfect, I do wish there was more of a focus on striking.

For what it's worth, Segal is a complete joke in the Aikido community. No one likes him, he doesn't even try to do the techniques.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Dude has Blackbelts in Karate, Judo, and Kendo.
I see this claim being repeated a lot but never saw the evidence for it. Since there are no coloured belts in kendo, I wonder if he's ranked at all, or hell, if he's even ever really trained in kendo.

Barren Mind

Firstly, this isn't an anthem protest, it's a protest against police brutality. Secondly, the protest has revealed the truly character of so many individuals. It's nice to know who people really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom