• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Lol, I'm watching this GME

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk
bought 1 share at 91.71 and sold at 123.45 for the fuck of it, made like 30%

NycoSve.png

I'm dying. I am soo dying right now. Ya'll literally cover the screen with 1's when I checked just now

Edit - did they do this on WSB?

I have no clue, I did it on my own for fun. After it unhalted I saw my order filled and it immediately went down to around $82 and I was like "well that was stupid", then just picked a fun limit number and it hit.

Last edited:
Imagine riding two of these moves up on GME .... wonder if any retail actually bought low sold high both times and just made a killing

edit: Fuck man, could have made an easy double if I just held on for 1 hour, lol

Last edited:
Not ManofOne numbers, but hey, I'm happy with today, most of this is from FSR going up nearly 40% today, erased most of my losses from yesterday. It's pretty nice when you have enough equities in your portfolio that when one or more are down, you have more chances to balance it out or counter-act it.

br22SnN.png

Last edited:

GHG

Up 2% today, feels good after yesterday's nonsense.

The only two things that didn't recover in some way for me today were AAPL and AARK. If ark couldn't even start to mount a recovery on a day like this where even GME is up then I have no hope for it. Just kidding... Kind of... I'm seriously considering cutting it entirely. The transaction sheet from yesterday doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just buying more Tesla is not the answer I'm looking for. I can do that myself if that's what I wanted and its not what I'm paying the fees for.

Also bought in to FCX and two EVOTL SPAC plays (Joby - RTP and Archer - ACIC). The SPAC's ars planned to be really long term speculative holds, not expecting anything from them until at least 2024/25 so will monitor both companies closely over that time and decide if and when to put more into them.

The GME insanity will never end will it? Step away from my computer for 5 minutes and it goes insane. Then I'm thinking should I shouldn't I (it was 70ish at this point) and I didn't because I expected it to come crashing straight back down.

If I had any confidence the real players didn't have the ability to play dirty pool I probably would.

You may as well have. At that time it was just the price of a game + the season pass these days.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Not ManofOne numbers, but hey, I'm happy with today, most of this is from FSR going up nearly 40% today, erased most of my losses from yesterday. It's pretty nice when you have enough equities in your portfolio that when one or more are down, you have more chances to balance it out or counter-act it.

br22SnN.png

Every bit matters.

down 2 orth

Well Stock GAF, I can't contribute much in the way of investment advice, but I can offer a little piece of wisdom. Powerful people hate losing power, and they despise it even more when it's plain for everyone to see. If Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party movements led to the divide and conquer culture wars of the last ten years, I can only imagine the reckoning that will occur from self-described "autists" slapping around institutional investors in plain sight.

Tesseract

Banned
i hope nvidia are paying attention to the span of dlps and accelerators or they're gonna get obliterated by startups

Last edited:

GHG

My boss said GME is a trap and to not go anywhere near it. I didn't ask him to elaborate

Of course it is.

It's clearly not only retail traders causing this sort of movement in price, that much became abundantly clear when it continued its momentum well into after hours.

It will inevitably end in tears again but it will be interesting to see how long they allow the run up continue.

I'll be keeping an eye on it tomorrow for scalping opportunities but no way will I be doing so without stops or holding for more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Singular7

20 years trading these markets.

If you're focusing on GME you have yet to blow an account.

Stay away from that trash IMO, unless you're jumping in and out on a modern platform (on a PC) with a TRG trailing stop setup, with gambling money.

Buy good solid companies that are price-dislocated, and DCA until you see double commas in your account.

"Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it." - Ancient Proverb 13:11

Last edited:
I have no idea what will happen with GME, I bought some back in January and I'm holding. Triple my money, or I hold it until the end of time.

Note: I literally mean until the end of time. I think life extension technology may happen in my lifetime, and if you factor that in almost every stock is worth buying at current prices. Most dividend etfs are extremely undervalued in the event of life extension technology.

Last edited:
Top Bottom