• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
fSeF6HY.jpg

I’m out. Seriously they just caused the 10 year to cross 1.5%. I’m going to hold more cash now

GHG

Gold Member
And we are supposed to believe that it's a coincidence everything falls and then recovers at exactly the same time?

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
Ugh, everything is red.

But the good finds of the week..

Welp. SPYR signed a DoD deal, shot from 4 to 8 yesterday. Then plummeted today back to 4. Thats when I got in 😁 On her way back up to 5 currently.

Got in on ATAO and BRLL for about 23 cents. The whole package of SXOOF, ABML, ATAO and BRLL and its ties to Lithium/EV recycling/mining/battery production is my far off money maker. Not to mention Nancy Pelosi son is linked to an SXOOF subsidiary.

Up 30% on BTCY, was such a great pick. Santos Mining too has stayed in the green.

Like a dumbass I hit accept on buying tons of Carnegie Green Energy shares.. their in Australia so I paid a $50fee...while they are staying green their gonna have to 10x to recoup that lol No debt or revenue yet lol But collaborating with HP and received a grant from Microsoft. Hope this becomes something.

Went in on NERDS, the mobile Canadian Geek Squad. And an EV company making recreational vehicles. They just inked a deal with Canada's biggest producer of EV rec. vehicles.

NEPT also was good. In at like 1.40 and McCash actually did a video on them today 😁 Plant based supplements and such.

Still, down soooo red tho. I should just walk away till next month.

GHG

Gold Member
My only greens for today are my scalps from earlier in the day on TLRY.

Day trading is more risky they said.

GHG

Gold Member
Looks like quite a stocks have fallen through the proverbial floor today.

Tomorrow will be a key day. If there's no recovery tomorrow it's time to start planning.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

Palantir is a bargain at 25 everyone said... The floor is at 24 everyone said... Just go a thousand in the red everyone said...

Modern day investing is hard. Can we go back to the days when you actually had to read the paper and pick up the phone please. I keep getting trapped in these shitty Fomo stocks.

The key might be not to listen to everyone. If there's a juicy tip, we're most likely going to be the last to know.

Reactions: GHG
Just took a look at my portfolio and don’t see anything I’d want to sell before year’s end. Happily holding but I’ll probably wait on buying more for now.

ManofOne

Plus Member
The 10-year note yield TMUBMUSD10Yclimbed 15 basis points to 1.54%. Bond prices move in the opposite direction of yields. Peter Boockvar, chief investment officer at the Bleakley Advisory Group, described the 7-year note auction results as "awful," after it tailed by 4.2 basis points, the most in the auction's history. The tail is the gap between the highest yield the Treasury sold in the auction and the yield before the auction began. Analysts have cited the 1.50% level as a key threshold for the bond market that could portend trouble for U.S. equities.

ManofOne

Plus Member
What are some ways average investors can hedge against the effect of a higher 10 yield.

1) Buy reverse index funds on technology example PSQ.

2) Buy bond shorts example TBX.

3) Buy Financials and Energy as they have the lower equity duration.

4) Buy covered puts.

5) Buy reverse FAANG index.

6) Sell positions or hold cash.

If you want to go really advance buy a short CDS etf

DO NOT CONSIDER THIS INVESTMENT ADVICE. TAKE YOUR OWN RISK WHEN RESEARCHING AND INVESTING IN THESE STOCKS. THEY AREN'T MEANT FOR LONG TERM NOR ARE THEY MEANT TO BE CONSIDERED ABSOLUTE.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
01ef88b4762d3a0df95dbc4f21d1238f.png

Cassandra warned us, and we did not listen. We did not heed her warnings. Please forgive us and save us with your Ark, Cathie wood. God help us all.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I hoped people listened to me and bought ETSY

Etsy EPS beats by $0.49, beats on revenue​

• Etsy (NASDAQ:ETSY): Q4 GAAP EPS of $1.08 beats by $0.49.
  • Revenue of $617.36M (+128.7% Y/Y) beats by $101.68M.
  • Gross margin rate up 920 bps Y/Y to 75.6% vs. consensus of 72%.
  • Q1 Outlook:

I just made an absurd amount of money hope yall did too.

Up 10% after market.

GHG

Gold Member
Still it gets worse after hours.

The challenge becomes figuring out a good point to go shopping and buy more of my longer term stuff. Don't want to buy too early if this is what we're expecting to continue for a few weeks.

GHG

Gold Member
Completely missed the boat on CDXC. Saw it jumping today and just dismissed it as a typical Biotech P&D.

Having just done some research on what was up today and why it turns out they have a very good product. One to watch for the longer term for sure, will see where it stabilises and will likely buy on the next significant dip (provided the dip is not due to detrimental news).

Top Bottom