• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

GHG

Biden is talking about how "unfair" the economy is. Fucks sake.

Acting like those with money didn't work for it.

BigBooper

I got a feeling that Q1-Q2 would be stagnant given the returns in 2020 however once q3-q4 hits we could see explosive returns.
Yea I hope so. Who knows with all these stimulus bucks and uncertainty with lockdowns in Europe. Real estate management companies might be good for the year if materials prices stay high.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Yea I hope so. Who knows with all these stimulus bucks and uncertainty with lockdowns in Europe. Real estate management companies might be good for the year if materials prices stay high.

I actually put more into SPG and some REITS. I'm expecting rent inflation to hit pretty soon.

ManofOne

Plus Member

Micron, Western Digital are said to consider deals for chip maker Kioxia​

• Micron (NASDAQ:MU) and Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC) are reportedly considering making separate bids for Japanese chip maker Kioxia Holdings that could value the company at $30b. Micron gained 4.2% in after hours trading, while Western Digital rose 7.3%.
  • A deal could be finalized this spring, though it's not guaranteed, according to a WSJ report. Kioxia is controlled by PE firm Bain Capital. It's not clear how a transaction would be structured. Kioxia was formerly called Toshiba Memory.
  • Kioxia was planning an IPO, but shelved it in September with the pandemic. Kioxia may still consider an IPO if if it can't come to an agreement with one of the acquirers, the paper said.

Starfield

Anyone expecting HITIF to be bought by one of the bigger US fishies? Like Aurora and the other one with A.

I believe they got stakes in at HITIF aswell

joe_zazen

The market seems not to be expecting it and looking at thing now they are right (for now!).

However, I would argue that once Q4 hits and we see things moving more smoothly, there will be inflation.
zW8fccz.png

GHG

Everything is rocketing today.

Made nice profit trimming LTHM.

If this is what it's going to do after dips then give me more dips so I can buy more stuff. I like this game, easy money.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Everything is rocketing today.

Made nice profit trimming LTHM.

If this is what it's going to do after dips then give me more dips so I can buy more stuff. I like this game, easy money.

Yep LTHM sky rocketed. Biden infrastructure plan pushing EVs

Reactions: GHG
Looks like the rotation out of oil in to clean energy has begun.

Might hop on the bandwagon.
I'm pretty unfamiliar with the space and it feels like there are too many players at this point. I'll probably wait a while to see the herd thin a bit before backing anybody.

ManofOne

Plus Member
OPEC TO GRADUALLY SHORTEN SUPPLY CUTS

Oil futures pare gains after OPEC+ reportedly reached a preliminary deal to gradually ease production cuts starting in May: May WTI (CL1:COM) +0.9% to $59.72/bbl, June Brent (CO1:COM) +0.7% to $63.17/bbl.

According to Reuters, two sources say OPEC+ is considering raising production by 350K bbl/day in May, 350K bbl/day in June and 400K bbl/day in July.

Saudi Arabia reportedly proposed the phased supply boost, which would include some easing of the kingdom’s voluntary extra 1M bbl/day cut.

ETFs: USO, XLE, UCO, XOP, VDE, GUSH, OIH, ERX, BGR, BNO
As OPEC+ went into today's meeting, "the physical oil market is well supplied," says Wood Mackenzie's Ann-Louise Hittle. "However, that will shift over this quarter when we expect total demand to outpace supply."

Both crude benchmarks ended the month with ~4% losses while gaining more than 20% for the quarter.

Last edited:

GHG

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the space and it feels like there are too many players at this point. I'll probably wait a while to see the herd thin a bit before backing anybody.

I'm mostly just looking at ETF's instead of investing directly in any companies.

Anyone got any recommendations? The main issue is that most seem to contain Tesla which I'm already covered on with LIT and KARS.

Currently thinking CTEC or ACES.

I'm mostly just looking at ETF's instead of investing directly in any companies.

Anyone got any recommendations? The main issue is that most seem to contain Tesla which I'm already covered on with LIT and KARS.

Currently thinking CTEC or ACES.
I have ICLN on my watchlist. It seems to be a popular one.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

ManofOne

Plus Member
I'm predicting 4,300 on 12/31/2021. Want to take me on in a friendly prediction challenge? What you got for 12/31/2021?

I had 4430 but if Biden keeps spending like this. I’ll raise it. Already raised S&P EPS for the year.

Edit - I would add that strategist were expecting the market to end the year at 4,100 which was the median. The market could easily hit that mid q2

Last edited:

GHG

It's worth still leaving something in XLE right?

I've decided to go with CTEC for the global exposure and the fact that it doesn't have any EV manufacturers but need to work out how I balance Oil and Clean Energy for now.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Preach

100% of my portfolio could be MSFT and i'll still be able to sleep peacefully

• Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives says Microsoft's (NASDAQ:MSFT) new HoloLens deal with the U.S. Army shows that the company is "gaining market share from Amazon/AWS" with the Department of Defense and Pentagon.
  • Ives writes that the Pentagon is working on adopting next-generation technologies, which could help Microsoft build out its competitive moat over the next year to 18 months.
  • Wedbush maintains an Outperform rating and $300 price target on Microsoft.
  • Microsoft shares are up 2.5% to $241.70.
  • Background: Yesterday, Microsoft announced a new U.S. Army agreement for mixed reality headsets that could be worth up to $21.88B over the next decade.
  • Related: Microsoft previously won the up to $10B JEDI cloud contract from the Pentagon. But last month reports suggested the Pentagon could pull the program due to an ongoing legal challenge from Amazon.

Top Bottom