• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stouffer's French Bread Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That's not a cart I'm ramming into your posterior.

image.php

Ryaaan14

Banned
FoodGAF is KILLING ME tonight. Fuck.

Yes these are great but I'd have to say the garlic and cheese ones trump the pizza ones. I used to get them by Red Baron but now I can't find them anymore. They were the SHIT.

Zoe

FoodGAF is KILLING ME tonight. Fuck.

Yes these are great but I'd have to say the garlic and cheese ones trump the pizza ones. I used to get them by Red Baron but now I can't find them anymore. They were the SHIT.
YES!

UWHwuT7m.jpg

Is this the greatest frozen pizza product there is? It doesn't fail where frozen "real" pizza does in that it doesn't attempt to replicate the pizzeria experience. You get the awesome french bread crunch and are guaranteed to always burn the top of your mouth.

What say you GAF? Cast aside those silly pizza rolls and bagel bites.

I started eating those like 20 years ago. They are fucking awesome.

Such a perfect mix of crunchy bread, cheese, and glistening pepperoni oil.

Another Red Baron fan here, but mostly with regards to their "Classic" pizzas, both full-size and personal. Got hooked on their four cheese one over a decade ago, and it has yet to disappoint me ever since. Love that stuff.

Not a huge French Bread Pizza fan, but Stouffer's does great lasagna, so they probably do a kickass pizza, too.

You can support Red Baron if you support Nazi's.
Red Baron was World War I, silly.

bjb

Banned
You know it's utter shit and bad for your health when they have to advertise "Made with Real Cheese".

lol

I've found Red Baron's pizza-by-the-slice to be the best of microwave pizza products. Four years of high school lunches in a school next to a Safeway gave me an ample sample size.

Noirulus

Stouffer's in general make some pretty great frozen food. Too bad I've sworn off frozen food as their crustini is to die for ;_;

I used to like it until they changed the cooking directions, I've got to cook it in the microwave and then put it in the oven? That's a lot more effort than I feel a small frozen French bread pizza is worth.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought a box of these today due to this thread and I gotta say you're alright with me OP, you're all right.

CHusson91

Banned
The roads are horrible due to the snow we just got, but I really want to try these. Should I make the trek to the grochery store? Hm.

I used to like it until they changed the cooking directions, I've got to cook it in the microwave and then put it in the oven? That's a lot more effort than I feel a small frozen French bread pizza is worth.

That's just a suggestion for shorter cooking time that doesn't come out like a wet newspaper.

Real chefs still put it in the oven for a half hour.

Seanspeed

Banned
I prefer this:

red_baron_french_bread_pizza_01.JPG

The sauce isn't nearly as good.

Love some Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. Only $2.50 at Walmart, too.

My quick-cook method:

- Turn toaster oven on, on 'toast' setting. Stick frozen pizza in microwave for 1 minute. Then throw it in the toaster oven for 3 minutes. Comes out perfectly every time.

If making 2, use 1:30 in the microwave and 3:30 in the toaster oven.

Super quick as there's no preheating necessary, really.

DJ_Lae

I don't think I've ever seen it up here.

I have tried Delissio/Digiorno's garlic bread pizza, though, and that stuff is shit. I mean, their regular pizza is edible, but the garlic bread stuff is way too bready and it's not a good bread. It's like eating styrofoam.

gryz

Banned
my fiancee and I pioneered the technique of putting fried cheese sticks on top of frozen cheese pizzas. you should try it.

lil smoke

Banned
Yes that stuff goes a long way, first few years after college, working late everyday trying to get up the ladder, no money.... this is what you pick up at the corner store for dinner at 1AM.

No dishes, just a piece of foil and you're done.

The only nasty brand is Elios. The others all do fine.

MoeGamer

Neo Member
Red Baron, by the case from Sam's Club. Nothing like two in the toaster over when you're too lazy to get real pizza.

Could go for a few now in fact...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom