• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Sword City Revisited |OT| - Hello darkness, my old friend

Also, many people seem to tend to reload if a character dies, out of gaming ocd. If you think you're that type of player, just make them all old.

I don't recommend this.

SOSC isn't a "Save Anywhere" game. It's possible that 30 minutes or even an hour can go by in-between saves.

The system is designed around having multiple characters as a backup. If a character is down to one life point, it's a better idea to swap them with someone else that has 2 or more lives in stock.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I don't recommend this.

SOSC isn't a "Save Anywhere" game. It's possible that 30 minutes or even an hour can go by in-between saves.

The system is designed around having multiple characters as a backup. If a character is down to one life point, it's a better idea to swap them with someone else that has 2 or more lives in stock.

Pretty much worst suggestion ever trying to play by save and reload with this game.

At least with the updated perks you can create characters with an even larger stock of LP.

Though honestly folks shouldnt go making 1 lp characters outside of the mc since later in the game its a lot easier to get killed by bad luck lol.

Has anyone had any luck finding all of the "Detox Gum" equipment? The old city's basement is loaded with poison.

I have five pieces (Claw, Underwear, Hat, Staff, Shirt). Is there a sixth? Or should I just brave the poison floor with five characters?

Parakeetman

Has anyone had any luck finding all of the "Detox Gum" equipment? The old city's basement is loaded with poison.

I have five pieces (Claw, Underwear, Hat, Staff, Shirt). Is there a sixth? Or should I just brave the poison floor with five characters?

Am not too sure on that but if you use equipment that has the hp recovery when you move around shouldnt that help lighten the damage taken?

Am not too sure on that but if you use equipment that has the hp recovery when you move around shouldnt that help lighten the damage taken?

I could, but poison does an insane amount of damage per step.

It's cool though, the poison area isn't all that large, I just ran through it with five party-members.

autoduelist

I don't recommend this.

So? If a person knows they will restart if a character dies then it doesn't matter. While you might waste 30 minutes, some people have a bigger issue with their team becoming imbalanced,etc... gaming ocd is a real thing. I stand by my statement,,. If you know you're just going to restart if a character dies in combat, just make them all old for the extra stats.

The alternative team system implemented in sosc is a cool idea for those that are okay fielding multiple teams, but in practice many players seem to become attached to their core chars and don't want them out of rotation.

Parakeetman

I hate to do a bump like this, but my review was just posted - http://www.cubed3.com/review/3654/1/stranger-of-sword-city-revisited-ps-vita.html

Should be fine since its not self promotion as you didnt create a thread for it lol.

Looks like a fair review after reading through it.

Had checked metacritic to see if any reviews went up and nothing else yet. Though that was a few days ago.

So how did you distribute stats for your clocker? Was wonderful worrying about which stats to focus on with it ( ̄▽ ̄;)

So how did you distribute stats for your clocker? Was wonderful worrying about which stats to focus on with it ( ̄▽ ̄;)

Well, my first Clocker was more of a support character in the back-row, so stats didn't matter all that much.

My second and all other Clockers were the result of class-changes.
Fighter > Clocker
Samurai > Clocker
Ninja > Clocker
You get the idea. Clock Up is amazing skill, since it's basically "Act twice every other turn".

EDIT: Oof. I just realized that in less than a week, I put over 40 hours into this game, just to get that review out.

Parakeetman

Well, my first Clocker was more of a support character in the back-row, so stats didn't matter all that much.

My second and all other Clockers were the result of class-changes.
Fighter > Clocker
Samurai > Clocker
Ninja > Clocker
You get the idea. Clock Up is amazing skill, since it's basically "Act twice every other turn".

EDIT: Oof. I just realized that in less than a week, I put over 40 hours into this game, just to get that review out.

Yeah clockup most def is the best skill that the class has.

I had started out with a clocker from the get go to test it out when the game came out in Japan then had learned it can use almost every stat depending on how you want to use it. I had used mine like a front line fighter support so allocated the stats to match that. Worked out fairly well.

Didnt have as good luck with the puppeteer though as for whatever reason enemies that could would target her and she would almost always die in 1 hit lol. That class is pretty great too being able to mess with formations and such.

Lots of other folks in Japan apparently used the clockers too after class changing for clockup like what you did.

Dorarnae

Yeah clockup most def is the best skill that the class has.

I had started out with a clocker from the get go to test it out when the game came out in Japan then had learned it can use almost every stat depending on how you want to use it. I had used mine like a front line fighter support so allocated the stats to match that. Worked out fairly well.

Didnt have as good luck with the puppeteer though as for whatever reason enemies that could would target her and she would almost always die in 1 hit lol. That class is pretty great too being able to mess with formations and such.

Lots of other folks in Japan apparently used the clockers too after class changing for clockup like what you did.

clock up is op. it's the best skill on any character.

While some change are nice, I personally didn't like some of them, but at least they tried some new ideas...

:O Had no idea this existed! I guess a PC port is doubtful, but even stranger (ha!) is the pricing of the games. The PC version still has a base of $40, but the Revisted edition is only $30 on PSN. Weird that the PC version is kind of getting the shaft on this, I think it sold decently for the genre on PC (steamspy says 12,021 - 19,353 LTD). This version debuted at just 7,248 on Vita. http://gematsu.com/2016/07/media-create-sales-71816-72416

Parakeetman

:O Had no idea this existed! I guess a PC port is doubtful, but even stranger (ha!) is the pricing of the games. The PC version still has a base of $40, but the Revisted edition is only $30 on PSN. Weird that the PC version is kind of getting the shaft on this, I think it sold decently for the genre on PC (steamspy says 12,021 - 19,353 LTD). This version debuted at just 7,248 on Vita. http://gematsu.com/2016/07/media-create-sales-71816-72416

Different pubs original game vita / steam is NISA. This game the vita digital only release is Exp Inc doing it.

Seeing how Exp Inc has not done any steam releases of their own guess for now might be safe to say dont expect one. ( ̄▽ ̄;)

still no euro release, eh? sucks.

That is weird you would have expected one by now considering the time passed since the NA release.

Top Bottom