• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things 5 officially enters production

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Watched Gran Turismo over the weekend, (David Harbour, Sheriff Jim Hopper in stranger things) I consider him the best actor today.

saludo GIF by El Hormiguero

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I can't wait!

Also, it's so weird to me how the redhead still looks 14 even though she's in her early 20s

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The biggest change to the show, other than the time jump, is that now everyone knows about the Upside Down

giphy.gif
Are they in the 90’s yet?! 😄. But in all seriousness, it will be nice to conclude this series and here’s hoping it’s not GOT finale bad. I’m betting on Will dying after professing his love for Mike. Dustin is bulletproof though!

jason10mm

Gold Member
Who’s the goddess in front of the 5 sign with the furry boots on?

🧐🧐
Is that Stalkers (Lucas) little bratty sis?

Probably a love interest for Lucas, no way that little girl actress grew into that in just a year or two unless they recast and took a big time jump.

I miss ~20 episode Fall to Spring seasons of shows that came every year on time.

"Prestige" TV has demolished actually good television in favor of groups of 6-10 part movies that take a fucking decade to get made and air.

Just think, from 1987 to 2005 we got 624 new episodes of Star Trek at a fairly consistent cadence.

It's taken Stranger Things 8 years to produce 42 episodes, based on that speed it would take them almost 120 years to make as many episodes as Star Trek did in 18 years.

Soodanim

I was actually a little disappointed that 4 wasn't the end, as it felt like the end to me. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out with the actors being that much older now and if the story pays off.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
All the kids will have to time jump. As they aged so much. Hopefully they tie up the series. I think the show has gotten better as it’s gone on.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I thought I read something that this season was going to focus on Will? Please tell me that's not true or ill be like this

will-byers-stranger-things.gif
I predict that this is the big heart tugging subplot. That will is gay. But Robin has been out for ages, so why all the suspense? as if everyone is going to go and react like this over a character being gay?
oh come on arrested development GIF

I just wonder how they can top some of the action on season 4. Does this mean they have a massive budget now ?
Every episode is a mini movie with massive homages to 80’s horror and science fiction films ? Yes please.
More interconnected stories and a bigger plot.

Also more of Winona rider in a bra please. And Cara buono
chuck norris approved GIF

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I predict that this is the big heart tugging subplot. That will is gay. But Robin has been out for ages, so why all the suspense? as if everyone is going to go and react like this over a character being gay?
oh come on arrested development GIF

I just wonder how they can top some of the action on season 4. Does this mean they have a massive budget now ?
Every episode is a mini movie with massive homages to 80’s horror and science fiction films ? Yes please.
More interconnected stories and a bigger plot.

Also more of Winona rider in a bra please. And Cara buono
chuck norris approved GIF

This thread actually made me go back and look at my chats with my sister from during the time of Season 4. She was like "I missed this whole reveal of Will being gay". my reply was - "I thought he cried cause he saw his haircut".

We are far away from Season 1 ... but my wish for Season 5 is that the group stays together more and they have less time apart. Probably impossible since they have added so many characters.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
This thread actually made me go back and look at my chats with my sister from during the time of Season 4. She was like "I missed this whole reveal of Will being gay". my reply was - "I thought he cried cause he saw his haircut".

We are far away from Season 1 ... but my wish for Season 5 is that the group stays together more and they have less time apart. Probably impossible since they have added so many characters.
Sad Stress GIF by Graduation

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

jason10mm

Gold Member
I knew I wasnt making that up, I finally found it...

"Will Byers will have a key role in Stranger Things season 5, tying the whole series together and exploring his sexuality and growth as a young man."

Ehhhh, he is the weakest character out of the core 4 IMHO, and while I think the Eleven story is played out and I want something a bit different, I think it's gonna be a slog getting through a Will centric plot.

And unless "exploring his sexuality" is sticking it into the flower mouth of a Demigorgon....please guys, it's 2024, not pre-2010, we've seen this a MILLION times by now, it isn't new or particularly interesting enough to drive a show.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Meh, imo everything after season 1 was trash. This becoming yet another gay vehicle is lame and unimaginative.
There is demons walking around and parallel worlds, but sure the big plot is someone being gay :/

RedC

I thought season 4 suffered from being too much of a good thing.

Season 3 would've been a great ending to the series.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Meh, imo everything after season 1 was trash. This becoming yet another gay vehicle is lame and unimaginative.
There is demons walking around and parallel worlds, but sure the big plot is someone being gay :/
Not only that, but its the SECOND "hey I'm gay" character on the show. So we had a straight guy fall for a gay girl and get rebuffed but take it like a man, now presumably we are gonna get a gay guy go through it with his friends who has been into Eleven FOR YEARS, why would he even bother?

I just hope they move them past DnD into some Star Frontiers, Gamma World, Top Secret S.I., Battletech, Warhammer, you know, those role playing/tabletop games that got the show noticed in the first place.

And bring back Eddie as zombie Eddie but now he plays Iron Maiden instead :p

bitbydeath

I knew I wasnt making that up, I finally found it...

"Will Byers will have a key role in Stranger Things season 5, tying the whole series together and exploring his sexuality and growth as a young man."

They could have made his character so much more interesting if he could channel powers from the time he had spent in the upside down back in S1.

I thought that’s where they were going with him in season 2, but he’s just been uninteresting ever since.

Last edited:
How come on the Neverending Story bit nobody ever complains they got the vocal rhythm totally wrong... like it's not "written on the pages is... the answer", it's "written on the pages... is the answer"

Sorry I just needed a record of that on the internet for when the aliens 3 million years from now try to reconstruct how our society collapsed.

Top Bottom