• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray - Gameplay Walkthrough | PS5, PS4

John Wick

That looks great. Now thats what I like, something different. More developers need to take risks and bring new and different games rather than the usual FPS or 3rd person action adventure. I hope it's a great success.

R6Rider

Gold Member
If anything bad happens to that cat I'm gonna fucking cry
This is what happens to the cat.

drone GIF

MastaKiiLA

Looks awesome! I want to see it with ray-tracing though. I guess they need the extra time to beef up the visuals. I like what I see of the puzzle elements.

Kuranghi

The game looks pretty nice, casual with nice animations and good variety in gameplay, I don't think this is going to be a challenging game at all really but I'm still very excited for it.

The "X" constantly being displayed to jump on things is annoying as hell, but that's honestly the only bad part on my end.

Yeah its not a deal breaker for me, just a small detractor, but hopefully they read this and add an option to replace it with an in-world looking prompt or just a small glowing point kinda thingie. Doesn't need to be tons of work just a quick replacement of the button prompt. Worst case make it so you can make it slightly transparent/have no background.

A little rotating furball! No wait thats too silly.

Last edited:
If anything bad happens to that cat I'm gonna fucking cry
The game has a lot of potential for emotional impact for sure. If you actually think about stray cats who get lost and try to get home, they have a hard time. I'm just wondering if the cat is somehow able to communicate with people with technology or something. Is everyone a robot but him? Game looks amazing.

Duchess

Looks great. I do like playing these sorts of games from time to time. They make for a nice palette cleaner.

CamHostage

I just hope they come up with enough interesting mechanics and the addition of the drone feels like a great way to make up for all natural limits of controlling a cat.

Maybe, but I think they're focusing on other things, like the adventure and conversations and the ease of play and atmosphere. It doesn't look very mechanically-oriented (unfortunately, if that's what you're looking for.) Pre-set platforming, a lot of context-trigger events (the paintcan is where it is, and if you hit X, it knocks over and breaks the glass, etc.,) and some very generous targeting systems in combat; what's shown is probably how it'll play throughout. Having more physical/freewheeling mechanics might have been fun (and it is a cat game, so it's a little weird that the gameplay has the cat doing exactly what it's told...), but for the game they're creating, it seems they made careful choices that fit the project and audience.

Crocwrangler

Neo Member
Stray cats are the worst nighmare for me based on my work but i guess i won't be able to miss this one. Especially if i'm forced by my inner circle.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Animation is fantastic, and I'm a big believer that its generally an excellent indicator of overall quality.
So yeah, hyped.

Dr Bass

As a cat owner I love this. It hits all the right notes for me.

Creative game design, cool setting, unique idea, and seemingly great atmosphere and music.

I'm in!

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
It looks so interesting, something fresh. I like the atmosphere and the world, Lets hope the gameplay is solid.

Cat with a robot sidekick, cat rides a cart, cat knocks things off shelf...you know what...well done devs you really lent into it. Looks like chilled out fun. Gorgeous environments too.

Game looks wonderful, and I'm actually surprised by it.

Saw it in the E3 trailer a while back, and it seems they stuck to their vision from then on.

Can't wait for numerous people forgot this game exists on Playstation and continue believing all Sony games are the same.

Yeah its not a deal breaker for me, just a small detractor, but hopefully they read this and add an option to replace it with an in-world looking prompt or just a small glowing point kinda thingie. Doesn't need to be tons of work just a quick replacement of the button prompt. Worst case make it so you can make it slightly transparent/have no background.

A little rotating furball! No wait thats too silly.
Hopefully so. It wouldn't normally be too big of a deal, but in a game that seems to be so atmospheric and immersive, the UI and environment indicators can take away from the hard work they've put in.

An in-world indication would probably be best as you said. Even something simple like the scratch marks on walls in tomb raider(and a few other titles) would be nice instead.

TheGrat1

Game looks wonderful, and I'm actually surprised by it.

Saw it in the E3 trailer a while back, and it seems they stuck to their vision from then on.

Can't wait for numerous people forgot this game exists on Playstation and continue believing all Sony games are the same.
It'S tHiRd peRsOn ThOuGh!

Top Bottom