• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 - Akuma Gameplay Trailer

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Idk what it is about this game that I just can't get into. I think it's the whole set up and vibe. It's like it's catered to the pretend background people in the fast and the furious movies lol.

white-rapper.jpg

Yo dat kuma bees straight trippin!!

Last edited:

Spyxos

Ok, with Akuma the game is starting to get interesting for me. Unfortunately, I still can't deal with the art style.

Ok, with Akuma the game is starting to get interesting for me. Unfortunately, I still can't deal with the art style.
Idk, the Art Style is miles better than V. What it's horrendously bad in this game is the soundtrack on menus compared to any other SF game. Still, there is plenty to not like in SF6. Monetization and fucking battle pass is one of them.

nikos

Character and stage design are nothing special. Theme song has been butchered like almost every other in this game.

From what it looks like, he still plays like Akuma, which is good. If he's broken, prepare to have to deal with him for an entire year.

Massive fan since SFII but this game still feels like some kind of alternate reality or knockoff version of Street Fighter. I'll give it another shot when they decide to release the first major patch.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
He looks cool. I bought the season pass back at launch, but I haven’t gone back since before Ed was released. I’d rather play T8. It doesn’t give me the SFIV vibe where I felt each match made me learn something new. I don’t feel like I’m getting better when I play SFVI.

Spyxos

Idk, the Art Style is miles better than V. What it's horrendously bad in this game is the soundtrack on menus compared to any other SF game. Still, there is plenty to not like in SF6. Monetization and fucking battle pass is one of them.
I like 4-5 Art Style a lot more. But i am also not a Street Fighter fan. More Tekken.

Wow... Complety speechless.

I'm still a bit upset that this:

akuma-ragingstorm.gif

Wasn't brought back, I kind of thought that super was leading to that, but It wasn't exactly.

But yeah... I have nothing to say, this is excellent on every possible level.

Dev1lXYZ

No complaints here about the character design or move set.

Both this game and T8 should be played with a good stick if you plan on playing against people in my opinion. Case in point, executing the Drive Rush in SF6. On a pad, I just couldn’t execute it on the fly. Purchased a Bricks converter and like magic my old MadCatz SF 4 Tournament Edition stick is working great on the PS5. Drive Rush on a whim now. I haven’t tested T8 on it, but I can only assume as tap heavy it is, it would also make combos much easier than on a pad.

Paltheos

Pretty sick. One thing I noticed is that the trailer didn't show Akuma comboing off any dive kicks (whether off DF or not), just going for a throw afterwards. Wonder if that was nerfed from old games or deliberately left out.

Also, he's a THICC dude.

Some of it is pretty bad but it's not all awful.

Battle passes in general are skeevy, but with how big daily/weekly bonuses are, if you play regularly like I do, you can finish the pass pretty quickly, and more importantly the reward for finishing a pass is exactly enough in-game currency to buy the next pass.

Costumes are pretty scummy though. For new costumes, you have to pass in fight coins which you have to buy, you can't buy in a denomination equal to the cost of a character pack, and Capcom offers no bundles for the cast at a discount either (and outfits are expensive). For the default outfit, you can pay with drive tickets which can be earned periodically in-game, as I have, but the required number of tickets still takes a while to accumulate and I still haven't stocked enough to buy the whole cast's outfits (I've got around half I think?). Outfit 2, the classic outfits, can be unlocked in World Tour mode completely free, thankfully, with a bit of a grind.

Top Bottom