• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection listed for PS4/XB1 on German website Coolshop

JusDoIt

The dream is dead...or at least deferred.

Why is that SNES repro not even Hyper Fighting, tho?

Nobody wants SNES World Warrior.

JayEH

Y'all got

Scotia

Banned
Not even going to be surprised if this all turns out to be for SF2. I'm so fucking sick of that game and the constant milking of it. I wish Capcom would move on and show the other (far better) games that this series has some love.

Not even going to be surprised if this all turns out to be for SF2. I'm so fucking sick of that game and the constant milking of it. I wish Capcom would move on and show the other (far better) games that this series has some love.

If it makes you feel better it's not for any game because it doesn't exist

JayEH

I'm talking about the recent bump about the SNES cartridge for SF2. If it turns out the 30th anniversary collection leak was for that then I'm going to be pretty pissed.

It isn't. Though I doubt this is a thing though.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
LOL. So Switch gets a port of SF2 with some palette swaps and stupid minigame and then Capcom's all "Yeah how about that Third Strike? Yeah let's put that shit out on PS4/Xbone despite that shitty SF2 port selling more than it had any right to do on the Switch"

Scotia

Banned
It isn't. Though I doubt this is a thing though.

Suppose it's a good thing the SNES thing isn't related then. All the responses made me think that's what it was meant to be. I wonder why the SNES thing was even posted here then?

ArjanN

That doesn't really match the original rumor at all though. Even just going by platform.

LOL. So Switch gets a port of SF2 with some palette swaps and stupid minigame and then Capcom's all "Yeah how about that Third Strike? Yeah let's put that shit out on PS4/Xbone despite that shitty SF2 port selling more than it had any right to do on the Switch"

To be fair I'm not sure how well SF2 would have done if it couldn't have ridden the launch hype of people desperately wanting something to play on their new Switch. I think SF2 also has a more broad "I remember that" nostalgia appeal than the later games that would potentiall be in this collection if it happens.

Spy

I thought for sure if this was going to be announced it would have been yesterday since it was the 30 year anniversary. I doubt a PAX announcement but perhaps TGS?

Tizoc

I thought for sure if this was going to be announced it would have been yesterday since it was the 30 year anniversary. I doubt a PAX announcement but perhaps TGS?

Otherwise Paris Game Show which is in october iirc.

Someone tweet the guy who posted info about the collection, maybe they can hint when it'd get announced?

Spy

Otherwise Paris Game Show which is in october iirc.

Someone tweet the guy who posted info about the collection, maybe they can hint when it'd get announced?
I don't know if it would be announced at Paris Games Week considering the rumored release date is October 27th and PGW isn't until November.

TGS or fake, imo.

Spy

How much tears of joy would you cry if the games in the collection were...

Hyper Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Street Fighter EX3

Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

jwhit28

This was my first home copy of 3rd Strike since I never had my own Dreamcast. I'd love to have it back just to mess with the dipswitch settings again.

this happening would make my year tbh. please at least include the following (arcade perfect):

Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

extra brownie points if the following are included:

Street Fighter 1
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II': Championship Edition
Street Fighter Alpha 1
Street Fighter III: New Generation
Street Fighter III: Second Impact
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
Ultra Street Fighter II (with HSF2 edition select)
Hyper Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter EX2 Plus (PS1 Version with the better OST and extra characters)

all with online play.

leroidys

I want a better port with New Generation and Second Impact included (or at least their backgrounds) + a custom palette editor instead of the DLC bullshit they pulled last generation.
This is me. SF3OE ended up pretty great, but I want a definitive compilation. Imagine the Darkstalkers treatment, where we could play as Q or Makoto in 2nd Impact. Would be awesome.

Scotia

Banned
I want a better port with New Generation and Second Impact included (or at least their backgrounds) + a custom palette editor instead of the DLC bullshit they pulled last generation.

A Street Fighter 3 Anthology Collection similar to the PS2 Alpha Anthology would be a dream come true for me.

poodaddy

Every time I see this thread bumped I get so hyped, and then the wound reopens. Wish someone would lock this damn thread. The disappointment is palpable man.

whipihguh

Banned
That boxart is ripped straight from the PS2 Anniversary Collection release, it even has the 15th anniversary seal on it, lol

Also, those Third Strike images aren't from Online, either. Probably images from the PS2 release, too.

Spy

If the collection is real, tonight is most likely the night it will be announced with the TGS conference and all.

Top Bottom