• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta Thread: Welcome, future '16ers! (Currently Inactive!)

XenoRaven

This is important, I did those sections kind of quickly, so if anyone can add more clarification I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Nash - Bullet Clear - Nash reaches his hand out and absorbs a fireball. This can also be used as a mid range poke that steals the opponent's health.
M. Bison - Psycho Reflect - Bison can absorb a single hit, or you can hold the input to fire a projectile back at the opponent, which comes out quickly and does 2 hits. This move can be used to absorb fireballs and physical attacks.

Everything else looks good.

entremet

Man, they really changed a lot from IV.

No hard knockdowns

Whiffing builds meter

Higher damager output.

It's still in development of course, but I love that it's even going more old school.

I loved the damage output of the original II series.

Parham

Banned
Looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. I've been maining Chun-Li since SFII, so I'll probably stick to her in SFV. I don't have a PS4 stick though, so this will be my first time playing a charge character with a gamepad.

Numb

Gonna see what happens although I don't expect to get into the EU beta. At least the PC one is guaranteed.

I signed up for the capcom deal instead of preordering since i am outside NA but haven't gotten the code yet.
Anyone who did this get it yet?

Marceles

Just updated the FAQ section to address this, you can't use PS4 share functionality, so you're gonna need that capture card.

I thought it was only because of the "beta not available" prompt or whatever it is when you first start it up. I was able to screenshot the wallpaper when you start it up. Eh...guess we'll see later

Hmm, thanks.

Something tells me I'm going to get bopped a lot. Hope I learn quick.

To you and everyone else here - don't worry about it. This is just a netcode test, don't get riled up if you are ass. I love fighting games, but it takes me months to transition from booty level salt shaker to being able to win a match once in a while.

So was SFXT, but it played like SFIV.

SFxT was an "honest" game. Too bad it was screwed over with DLC, gems, and tournies refusing to run it so big time players dropped it fast.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Damn SFIV got me too reliant on focus attacks though so it's gonna be a transition at first me thinks...

Rean

Vesper has also been doing character specific breakdowns in preparation of the beta as well. He made videos for Cammy M. Bison and Nash so far. There are even combos in the description of each video to get you started.

XenoRaven

Man, they really changed a lot from IV.

No hard knockdowns

Whiffing builds meter

Higher damager output.

It's still in development of course, but I love that it's even going more old school.

I loved the damage output of the original II series.
Not sure about the bolded. I need to watch some videos again.

But we can definitely add;

No more safe reversals (i.e. DP xx FADC)

No more crouch tech/cr. LK option select

Links made easier with a 2-frame input buffer

Juraash

I'm bummed I can't play this tomorrow but I plan on logging as much time as possible over the weekend.

Probably going to get destroyed, but it should be fun. My hype for 5 and the fact my main isn't confirmed yet has caused me to attempt to really branch out. So I've been messing with Bison in 4. We'll see how playing charge works for me since I hadn't ever done it prior to this week.

Got off the phone with Best Buy. Their system is currently unable to generate codes. They're going to notify me when it becomes available, even though they have no idea when a new code will be sent out.

They're sending me a $5 gift card in the mail for my inconvenience.

:|

Got off the phone with Best Buy. Their system is currently unable to generate codes. They're going to notify me when it becomes available, even though they have no idea when a new code will be sent out.

Order on Amazon.
Get code.
Cancel.

entremet

Not sure about the bolded. I need to watch some videos again.

But we can definitely add;

No more safe reversals (i.e. DP xx FADC)

No more crouch tech/cr. LK option select

Links made easier with a 2-frame input buffer

The Vesper video mentioned it.

like i posted in the other thread.

just PM this mod. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-...des-Not-coming-in-7-20-2015/m-p/920661#M10154

i just put the subject line of PM SFV Beta - (Order number)

Order on Amazon.
Get code.
Cancel.

From Amazon:

Congratulations! Your pre-order of "Street Fighter V" on PlayStation 4 qualifies for exclusive access to the online beta program. You will receive a code with redemption instructions via email within 48 hours of your pre-order after June 20, 2015

def sim

From Amazon:

Congratulations! Your pre-order of "Street Fighter V" on PlayStation 4 qualifies for exclusive access to the online beta program. You will receive a code with redemption instructions via email within 48 hours of your pre-order after June 20, 2015

I received mine within 5 minutes of my order.

Kumubou

They must have a ton of confidence in their netcode and the few characters they've shown off so far to put it in people's hands this early. They can call it a beta all they want (and it is, the need for stress testing is very real) but most people are going to see it as a demo and judge it as such. They've been saying a lot of the right things for this game so far -- hopefully they can deliver.

I'll see you guys tomorrow night, hopefully I can finish pad hacking a PS4 stick by then.

Alucrid

Banned
Preordered digitally, downloading the Beta was pretty easy. Just another item in the extra section of the main game's page.

Hubb

All in the same pool of players so I guess it depends on where you are most comfortable playing, and Mad Catz's TE2 PS3/PS4 stick works on PC as well.

Yeah, I just have a good setup for my PS4 and not the best one for using a stick on my PC. As the release gets closer I'll probably just flip a coin.

Owensboro

Aww hell. So I have 20 hours to find a PS4 compatible stick?

Fuck it, it's time to become a pad warrior. ALL WILL FEAR MY [insert character]!!!

I'll see you guys tomorrow night, hopefully I can finish pad hacking a PS4 stick by then.

Got a link to any sort of guide?
Been wanting to do this but I really couldn't find anything

Also, I wonder what will happen if you lose internet connection while waiting for an opponent in training mode. Will you get thrown out, or will you just be stuck in training mode...

You'll likely get thrown out.
Connecting to the server is the very first thing you do when you start the beta up.

DigiMish

Also, I wonder what will happen if you lose internet connection while waiting for an opponent in training mode. Will you get thrown out, or will you just be stuck in training mode...

alstein

Do I want this on PC or PS4? I'm heavily leaning towards PC even though all my other fighters are on PS4. Think I am going to sit this beta out and join everyone in the next one. This tease will probably just make the wait that much harder anyway.

I'm doing the same thing myself. I really want to see Capcom's recommended PC specs.

Producer

I believe in the input buffer is 2 frames, making all 1 frame links into pseudo 3 frame links.

Hmm i probably misread that then, i heard combofiend had apparently said it was 3f. Still it should make tight links much more managable especially online

Bizazedo

I believe in the input buffer is 2 frames, making all 1 frame links into pseudo 3 frame links.

Kind of.

shoryuken article said:
On the subject of inputs, you have a two-frame buffer going both ways on normal attacks, is that correct?

PR: Actually, sorry, that was incorrect before. It’s a three-framer, so it’s two frames before the attack. We’re always looking at it to make it feel natural.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/22/com...-game-we-want-them-to-fight-the-other-person/

Top Bottom