• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta Thread: Welcome, future '16ers! (Currently Inactive!)

ExVicis

Really mad that there's a trip I initially didn't want to go on that I later decided to go on that is happening this weekend. Going to have a few hours of the Beta tomorrow and then I have to leave early in the morning. Goddamn this 9pm start time!

Filth

I'm on vacation and I didn't get my GameStop code so I preordered Amazon got my code. Logged in to psn via app applied code. Downloaded beta from my ps4 in rest mode. And my te2 stick is waiting for me along with my new oled TV. LETS FUCKING GO BROSSSSSS

Someone make me a sf5 avatar. Preferable necalli red hair going crazy ☺️☺️☺️☺️

SoldnerKei

Oh no, cancel after you get the code. That's what I ended up doing, mainly since I'm going to get it at BB for the GCU discount anyways :p

I'm surprised it's taking that long though...

yeah, seems weird, I canceled my previous order and placed a new one, read that worked out for some folks on the preorders thread

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Probably won't be part of this because I'm waiting for the PC version to be out before buying (too many shitty ports these days). Still, first time I've been excited about Street Fighter since vanilla SFIV days!

Walpurgis

Banned
you can cancel before getting the code? I preordered like 3 hours ago and still no code :c
It might depend on your region. I ordered mine from Amazon.ca last month and didn't get my code, so I asked Amazon online support for a code and got one instantly. Other people got their codes automatically. Since you haven't gotten yours, you can either order off of Amazon.com or try Amazon support if their chat is open in your region.

Rean

Who is everyone initially going in with? I've got Bison all the way. The boss must conquer you all.
Ryu and Chun mostly. I actually might put more time in with Chun in V that I did with SF4 now. The lack of Chun gamplay at E3 also has me curious as to what else she can do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who is everyone initially going in with? I've got Bison all the way. The boss must conquer you all.
Ryu, gotta get a handle of the mechanics with the control. Bison is who I'm most excited for, however, he just looks bitchin'.

Looking forward to playing pretty much everyone except Cammy, really. But maybe she'll surprise me.

SoldnerKei

It might depend on your region. I ordered mine from Amazon.ca last month and didn't get my code, so I asked Amazon online support for a code and got one instantly. Other people got their codes automatically. Since you haven't gotten yours, you can either order off of Amazon.com or try Amazon support if their chat is open in your region.

tried the chat and they gave me the code right away, thanks for the suggestion!

Zerojul

If (and that's a big if for us Euro folks) I ever get a code, I will try a little bit of everyone, obviously, but mostly Bison, and Birdie when he becomes available.

Got my code from Amazon yesterday from pre ordering when it first went up. Downloaded beta. Got Hori Fight pad since PS3 sticks won't work yet.

I'm ready!!

XenoRaven

Chun 4life
Ryu and Chun mostly. I actually might put more time in with Chun in V that I did with SF4 now. The lack of Chun gamplay at E3 also has me curious as to what else she can do.
Momochi did a quick and dirty rundown. Looks like you can link cr. jab after Legs which could set up some neat combos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsrrY9G2vko

Juraash

It'll be Bison I think, for better or worse. Ryu would probably be the easiest from a transition standpoint, but I really want to try something totally different from what I usually play. Also his new coat is bad ass.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It'll be interesting how they market this. SFIV was at least popular in the arcade until it went straight back to consoles, right? People of all ages were going out to play it or at least check it out. The arcade that had SFIV in a cabinet shut down, so it kinda went away for my town. Plus that GS tournament was unique. Lots of attention for that and the players who won.

It feels like a traditional SF, but Lord knows how the market has changed. You don't get to see a local community come out and support it unless you have the right people or you have a scene.

I kinda like how they're starting over, but some people already know what to expect. It'll probably be good for a while until players start dominating the scene again. LOL

I got the beta pre-loaded. I'm interested in it now. SFIV you had to worry about owning the right version if you really wanted to join the community.

I'm probably relieved by SFV being the way it is. It looks good and everything. SFIV got SF back on the map again. 3S did well, but I think it survived by being at every arcade. SF loyalist always came out to show off their skills.

Some days I wish we could all be kids again and witness Street Fighter for the very first time. No mics, no dirty info on the skills, no leader boards, no pros, no tag names, just the game.

Sayad

Q: If I'm in the first beta, can I get into subsequent betas automatically?
A: Yes, as long as you keep the client installed on yoru hard drive (and assuming the 3rd beta is on PS4, which we have yet to get details about).
They straight up said the client will be used for all beta phases, so PS4 being part of the 3rd beta is pretty much confirmed:
If you did pre-order and get beta access and download the client, you’re good to go for the rest of the campaign. The same client is used for all of the beta phases, so you only need to redeem one code and you’re set up for the entire event.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/22/com...-game-we-want-them-to-fight-the-other-person/

Westlo

Anyone from Aus taking part in this beta? I feel sorry for the american's who get matched up with me... at least we can test dat net code lol...

Anyway prob play every character but just Cammy as soon as she's out.

Korezo

Any place have some basic or advance combo inputs for characters since it'll be hard to figure stuff out online.

Gren

*Sigh* The pain of being a dirty PC poor.

Have fun peoples, I look forward to getting bopped in the fall.

Top Bottom