• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V GAMEPLAY Trailer

I'm actually quite happy by what i'm seeing , from the destructible environnements ( about time ) to the way the flow of battle is so far, remind me of 3 but in 3D.

SO so far i'm happy , once the controversy will go down , we'll all be able to guess who will be in the roster , ah fun times ahead !!!

yurinka

It's so fucking awesome to see that you finally can break the wall and to continue in a separated part of the stage, like in Marvel Super Heroes or Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter.

Btw did Chun make a parry near the end of the video? I'm so fucking hyped, the game looks really promising.

Love how the stage, Ryu and Chun look.

Cross-Play with PC version is great news too, and having Ultra coming to PS4 (with all costumes included) too.

H4r4kiri

Pure Speculation here, but Maybe Sony helps with Manpower and a little bit of Tech.
I hope I remember correctly, that the Pantha Rey Engine had a lot of help from Sony. Maybe it is a thank you from Capcom, so they can get the game out quicker.

Second speculation. The Fighting community is a very intense one, but I don't think too big, when you look at hardcore players. By dividing that Community it gets even smaller and the purpose of fighting and to mess each other in a Game gets lost. We know from a lot of devs that Mircosoft is very restrictive, when it comes to crossplatfrom gaming. Eventually Capcom and Sony don't want to split the Com and allow PC / Ps4 crossplat gaming, where Microsoft didn't. To not split the Community and have a common ground Cap decided to go exclusiv ?

I was so freaking Spot on !

Tizoc

I really hope the damage scaling is lenient or at least has a better combo system thatn SF4.

Tizoc

i JUST NOw realized.
Ryu did Denjin Haduken at the end.

I am liking the power-up mechanic tho.

Momentary

Banned
Did the interior remind anyone else of Yun (or Yang's)'s level from Street Fighter 3?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw it.

And as for people speculation about the Supers and Ultras... I wouldn't think to much about it seeing as what early SFIV footage looked like for the moves. Remember how Ultras just looks awkward as well as super moves for a lot of the early location test cast?

TheMan

even if i was still a fighting game fan, i wouldn't buy this. super street fighter v turbo championship edition will be out in 6 months...

"So, if SF4 was a reinvention of sf2, sf5 looks to be doing the same with Third Strike."

It really doesn't look like it has any gameplay similarities (that they've shown) to third strike. It doesn't look like they're going in that direction at all.

h3ro

even if i was still a fighting game fan, i wouldn't buy this. super street fighter v turbo championship edition will be out in 6 months...

So as a fan of fighting games, you wouldn't purchase one of the stalwart games of the genre which you could enjoy for SIX months in this hypothetical scenario?

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Degen

Whoa, I didn't expect the art style to be that much better than SF4 but that looks amazing

Not if nobody buys the original

Thanks for doing your part

fader

"So, if SF4 was a reinvention of sf2, sf5 looks to be doing the same with Third Strike."

It really doesn't look like it has any gameplay similarities (that they've shown) to third strike. It doesn't look like they're going in that direction at all.

I don't want people to burn me at the stake, but this seems more like a SFxT gameplay revision

Rising_Hei

What if they aren't releasing this on Xbox ONE because they are planning cross play PC-PS4? that'd be cool...

I mean, there might be other reasons why this is not coming to Xbox ONE, they could have signed with MS that they get DR3 but lose SF5, or like i said, SF5 might not be coming to ONE because they wanted to do cross play (i hope so), we'll find out soon enough
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141854089&postcount=4526

This was me yesterday, it looks like i was right :>

Ryu's animations for punches and kicks look very much like those from III. Granted, while they aren't showing any parrying in the video, they also are showing very little. Chun Li's air juggle is very reminiscent of Third Strike.

Xamdou

Holy shiet console exclusive!? Sony picking the right franchise to money grab. Cross-Gen with PC is great news also... damn!!!

Rising_Hei

Holy shiet console exclusive!? Sony picking the right franchise to money grab. Cross-Gen with PC is great news also... damn!!!

Why is everyone asuming there's money involved? it might not be coming to ONE because of microsoft's policies regarding cross play.

"Ryu's animations for punches and kicks look very much like those from III. Granted, while they aren't showing any parrying in the video, they also are showing very little. Chun Li's air juggle is very reminiscent of Third Strike."

Chun li has a similar juggle in SF4, though. Having a few animation nods to SF3 isn't the same as actually making the game play like SF3, especially since there's no guard breaks or otgs in that game. And if there were parries in the game, they would definitely be quick to show that off (like they did for Guard Break), but who knows what will change over the course of development.

DunpealD

Ryu's animations for punches and kicks look very much like those from III. Granted, while they aren't showing any parrying in the video, they also are showing very little. Chun Li's air juggle is very reminiscent of Third Strike.

I think it's too premature to say how SFV looks like. The whole gameplay video was heavily chopped up. Better wait for Capcom Pro Tour Finals next week to see how it actually looks like.

Chun Li's air stomps are also available in SFIV same with the kick that launched the opponent. Also it looks like she got the standing HK back from 3S. If anything I wouldn't compare it to anything, yet.

Guard Break is certainly a heavy change in the mainline SF series and iirc it's even the first time ever.

Swarna

FUCKING HYPED brah.

Cross-platform play is HUGE. I'm buying a PS4 and double-dipping to show my support for all parties involved.

PS4 and PC brahs. We are brothers now. No more bickering.

FourMyle

I think it's too premature to say how SFV looks like. The whole gameplay video was heavily chopped up. Better wait for Capcom Pro Tour Finals next week to see how it actually looks like.

Chun Li's air stomps are also available in SFIV same with the kick that launched the opponent. Also it looks like she got the standing HK back from 3S. If anything I wouldn't compare it to anything, yet.

Guard Break is certainly a heavy change in the mainline SF series and iirc it's even the first time ever.

Yes, guard break is new to mainline SF but it was in Alpha 3 and CvS2 both of which are well known games, so I think a lot of people will be able to adapt over from SF4 pretty fast in that regard.

Also, Chun Li's air stomps after a super is certainly a SF3 thing. Ryu's normals also reminded me a lot of his SF3 ones.

I completely agree though it is too early to say just how SF5 will actually play until we (hopefully) get a good look at the game next week.

Shin

Banned
slow-clap-gif.gif

Look at you Capcom.... getting me hype about Street Fighter again.

"I'm impressed."
What serie/movie is the gif from?
The game looks really fruid, 1080p glory and all, gonna give it a shot.

Top Bottom