• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Launch Event: Lupe Fiasco VS Daigo Umehara

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Even if he didn't write it. It got a lot of traction. Let's just have a fun exhibition. No harm, no foul.

#RiseUp

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Daigo is obviously going to give Lupe a fair chance

Daigo fucking around for fun is still far beyond most folks' level but I wouldn't expect a straight up slaughter

(though that would be hilarious)

Probably. People want to see some showboating. Daigo (or any pro, really) playing seriously against anyone of a casual level would just look like a guy on a training dummy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was about to ask if we know who Daigo is maining in SF5 then I remembered Ryu was in the game >_>

Dremark

Banned
There's a difference between being a good player, being a pro and being a legend.

I honestly never even heard of this guy before this and even if he's a solid player he's going to straight up get trashed.

That being said he's obviously doing this to promote the game and the FGC so props to him. I don't even see how he gets anything out of it.

There's a difference between being a good player, being a pro and being a legend.

I honestly never even heard of this guy before this and even if he's a solid player he's going to straight up get trashed.

That being said he's obviously doing this to promote the game and the FGC so props to him. I don't even see how he gets anything out of it.
Lupe fiasco is a rapper of moderate fame. He's also a known nerd, his debut album had a Nintendo DS it, he frequently references Street Fighter and other video games in his lyrics, and has tweeted about his game playing habits many times. Besides promotion towards a community that Lupe most likely has some level of respect for, he gets to get his own name out there and perhaps plug a project he's working on. Also it's just a cool event, even if Lu is going to get bodied.

AcridMeat

Banned
I talked to Mike Ross last night and he said the actual fight is at a Gamestop, not Folsom St Foundry. Folsom will be a press event until 9pm where it will then open to the public, but not where the Lupe fight will be.

Coworker and I are debating going, would be pretty funny to see in person.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I talked to Mike Ross last night and he said the actual fight is at a Gamestop, not Folsom St Foundry. Folsom will be a press event until 9pm where it will then open to the public, but not where the Lupe fight will be.

Coworker and I are debating going, would be pretty funny to see in person.

That's incorrect. The fight is at Folsom Street Foundry.

miserable

How free will this be?

thefreedomtierchartsuhdk8n.gif

how funny is it that those 3 guys in the gif are actually those on that freedom tier list when it comes to playing against Daigo in Street Fighter in 2016

Art - super free
Justin - omega free
Marn - sigma free

Dremark

Banned
Lupe fiasco is a rapper of moderate fame. He's also a known nerd, his debut album had a Nintendo DS it, he frequently references Street Fighter and other video games in his lyrics, and has tweeted about his game playing habits many times. Besides promotion towards a community that Lupe most likely has some level of respect for, he gets to get his own name out there and perhaps plug a project he's working on. Also it's just a cool event, even if Lu is going to get bodied.

I suppose that he probably is getting some publicity for himself out there. I honestly never heard of the guy before and I have now so that's something.

I think he's definitely giving a lot more than he's getting back so I still want to give the guy props.

He's going to get absolutely destroyed though, no question there.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They could make a series of videos or of this. Street fighting with the Stars.

Next week is Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in a tag team but.

KTO

how funny is it that those 3 guys in the gif are actually those on that freedom tier list when it comes to playing against Daigo in Street Fighter in 2016

Art - super free
Justin - omega free
Marn - sigma free

Justin OCV'd team Madcatz including Daigo at E3

Oh god

Just listen to tetsuo and youth and save yourself greif
I used to feel like this but then it just clicked with me and now I feel like Lasers is pretty damn underrated. Only song worth a damn on Tetsuo and Youth is 'Deliver'. Maybe one other that I can't remember the name of.

People weren't ready for that Lasers sound. You gotta be in the right frame of mind. Shit was like 4am half in a haze contemplating existence and then 'Beautiful Lasers' came on and I was feeling it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't been checking anything at all with SF5 so this is news to me.

Hope my internet is up and running so I can catch The Legendary Beast grace everyone for fun.

Syriel

Maybe X-Men Mutant Academy...

Prof X isn't in MvC

Gah. Now I feel stupid for mixing that up.

For some reason I thought he appeared as a support character in one of the Capcom titles.

Guess I need to bust out the Saturn and brush up on those older games.

Blackage

Would have been nice to see a competitive match like Daigo vs Justin again after this lame execut- errr, exhibition. Daigo Guile vs Justin Rufus was great was Super SFIV's release.

Top Bottom