• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V new pics

Who's to say Tekken's costumes weren't iconic? Tekken 3 outsold SF2 so when it comes to popularity

Tekken 3 was on PS1 (102.49 million consoles sold), SF2 was on SNES (49.10 million consoles sold). Of course, T3 sold more. The installed user base was twice as high.

When comparing sales data between games that peaked during completely different console eras, you always need context.

Tekken 3 may have sold more, but SF's cultural impact and saturation were WAY higher.

Sounds good to me! :D

image.php

Hmm...wonder why
;)

On the real though, I don't want it getting unbalanced like 3S was. That's one of that game's only real detriments imho.

So has there been any story info on when 5 takes place? I'm guessing its before 3?
I'm actually venturing to say after 3. Maybe right in the aftermath, or just a few months after 3S. Ryu having an actual Denjin mode beats the Denjin Hadouken from 3S for instance, and who's to say Bison didn't climb back out of the ground after the Illuminati's fall?

Starting to think that's very plausible now.

Super > AE > AE2012 > Ultra

It didn't but that's the point, Africa stage in SF4 hints at Elena as much as London stage hints at Dudley
Stop destroying my optimism!

Long as she doesn't have her 3rd strike SA2 she will never be SF3 level of broken, even if they copy paste her 3s normals into the game.
Her SA2 wasn't the only issue; her normals were just REALLY damn good. She could out-poke and out-zone most of the cast with her normals. SA2 just compounded that into beast mode.

I mean, I like OG Chun, but I still want the cast as a whole to be relatively balanced with that.

Calcaneus

I remember how worrying the first screenshots for SFIV were, lots of people were saying the designs for Ryu and Ken looked awful. I defended it back then, but kinda agreed in the end. This has been looking good right from the start, and these new pics and vids look even better.

Greenzxy

What the heck is this ambient occlusion? I keep hearing about it threads. Explain to me like I'm 13 what it is, if you would be so inclined :)

Ambient Occulsion are shadows that fill in the inbetween gaps when objects are in close proximity to each other.

Like in this shot

jVNA4t2ZBM1Ym.jpg

There's a light source hitting Ryu horizontally to the lower left, so areas like his eye lids and inbetween his mouth, face, lose casting shadow,
so you would use Ambient Occulsion a.k.a artifical shadows to fill in those holes like so:

EfmrkCu.jpg

"People thought Magneto is trash in MvC2 when it launched."

A choice paraphrased MVC3 quote pre-release: "Why pick Wolverine when you can play X-23?"

Also people thought Sentinel was broken at MVC3's release.

TacosNSalsa

Or it could be the same length but fill up at different rates, just like the health bar.

3rd strike had different length stun bars and that worked fine so I don't see why not here .. EDIT: the visual representation of the the different stun just made more sense to me is all really..

New build looks f'in great and the new UI looks smooth! Also the VS screen is fantastic with the stats, character info and portrait animation....probably my favorite in a fighting game ever! Everything looks so polished!!! Guess we'll get the new character stuff during E3 but damn, dat pre-E3 hype!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm blown away by the art style of this game. Really cool, unique, and looks awesome in motion.

Wish I was physically capable of playing fighting games LOL

Since when did M. Bison have white hair? Is there a story spoiler that explains it or did he get so infused with psycho power he's "ascended" somehow?

Gestault

No, they don't [look better].
Although, I never understood the appeal of "Old Ryu" anyway.

Since we live in a universe of linear time passage time (simmer down, "Time's Arrow" and Benjamin Button fans), it makes sense as a sign of the character's progression.

Top Bottom