• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollipen

Server currently dead? I've just been sitting here "waiting for opponent" for a while now, and I've never had that before.

Edit: Nevermind. I guess all of my "oh it only takes me one to two minutes max to get a match" finally brought karma down upon me. :(

Skilletor

His outfit is clearly different. They've changed pretty much everything about him compared to his original look. Only his face paint and bandana remain. He also didn't need to lose all his supers. Stun Gun could have totally been a V-Skill and he could have used either of his remaining supers for a CA. I bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing if Ryu lost his supers in his transition to SFV.

Um, yeah, I would, because I think it's awesome when characters get new moves. I wish Ryu would get to Mr. Karate status and level up his fireballs so much that they're just impacts.

I think it's lame as hell that Cammy's vskill is just her spin knuckle, for example.

Stun gun would be a lame vskill and a very situational vtrigger. The only way you'd land it against anybody even remotely decent in 3s is by comboing it from qcf+hp, or maybe surprising people with a slow or without a reversal at all when canceling it from the same move. Yes, they could have made it better, but in a game with such high damage, a move that automatically stuns is silly.

His super could function the same way boomerang raid does, and that was a lame super visually, so it's good to give him something new (if it does function the same way).

And I just disagree about his look. He looks like Alex to me...green pants and suspenders instead of coveralls, not a huge change, and we haven't even seen him in motion to see what his gameplay looks like.

JP_

Banned
Naruto is also on 2 platforms (PC SFV sales are excluded). Since Capcom said SFV would be good for the rest of the generation, there may be a lot of people like me that went digital. Capcom still screwed up though.

https://youtu.be/pnRbyPfBox8

My first win against a Cammy in this game :-/ While i'm happy with the win I'm not happy with how sloppy I played. I'm not sure what to do against a properly spaced forward . I know it's -2 but the length of the attack keep me locked in the corner...

Wow, weird, I fought and beat this Cammy several times during launch week. I'm also a Cammy player, and this is one of the few mirror matches I've had in my ranked play, so I definitely remember. Seems like they play better now -- I don't think I'd hold my weight against 'em anymore, but just funny seeing a player I definitely recognize.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SFIV debuted at 849K , SFV should in all honestly been #1 or #2 had the launch not been this way :(

SFV March Update is what SFV release should have been.
Anyway SFV is godlike and we're gonna play it for another 5 years.

Mizerman

SFIV debuted at 849K , SFV should in all honestly been #1 or #2 had the launch not been this way :(

When you have a COD and Far Cry game in the same time, a fighting game won't beat them. It's just not gonna happen.

While it is a bummer for SFV... don't those Naruto/DBZ games tend to do really well?

Pretty much. I wouldn't be surprised if a Naruto or DBZ beat a traditional fighting game. They're that popular.

Skilletor

https://youtu.be/pnRbyPfBox8

My first win against a Cammy in this game :-/ While i'm happy with the win I'm not happy with how sloppy I played. I'm not sure what to do against a properly spaced forward . I know it's -2 but the length of the attack keep me locked in the corner...

Why you sit on vtrigger so long? You didn't use it either round.
Punish those spin knuckles! Dude was hella obvious with them. Just sweep and get a crush counter.

FluxWaveZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom