• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rektash

Also, thanks for the explanations of "honest" guys... appreciated.
That in mind, who is the most dishonest I could learn to get myself up to gold easily? I'd love to just knock the silver/gold achievements out and not really have much to worry about going forward other than finishing hell/extreme survival at some point.

Have you played other fighting games competetivly before? Because if not, I don't think you will get to gold anytime soon.

To answer the question, most people think Mika is a pretty dishonest character.

Xeteh

I'm surprised Ryu's trials didn't have a parry thrown in there.

People hate on Mika but unless you know what you're doing you're not gonna get shit done. She's got her mindgames but if you're just doing nothing you might as well pick a beefier character.

Stantron

Question 1:
Any way to remap trial reset? I asked before but don't think anyone answered. I use an original Madcatz TE stick, so I don't have a button for RS and I get pretty annoyed after about 100 attempts of having to use the menu to reset the trial...

Question 2:
Are there lists of what characters say for their Japanese voice overs somewhere?
I'd like a better idea of the stuff Ken says... like when you CA, all I can hear is something like "I watched the last mimzy!" :D

Question 1:
I feel your pain. I use a 360 TE stick on PC. I wish I could map the xbox guide button as the trial reset macro. But I don't think that option is there that I'm aware of. :(

Xeteh

Alex's 7th trial is fucking ridiculous. This is coming from someone who cleared Karin's 6th trial on the third try.

Man, I know everyone has their characters and what not but Karin's 6th trial seriously took me 3 hours. Alex's trials took me like... 15 minutes total.

Rektash

I'm surprised Ryu's trials didn't have a parry thrown in there.

People hate on Mika but unless you know what you're doing you're not gonna get shit done. She's got her mindgames but if you're just doing nothing you might as well pick a beefier character.

Absolutely, heck, I know better than most since I mained her for a while after the game came out! Still, that doesn't change the fact that she is heavily reliant on getting that 50/50 game going.

Zesh

Does anyone who plays on PS4 (and who uses Cammy, preferably) want a code for her battle outfit? Got an extra one from Best Buy.

Xeteh

Absolutely, heck, I know better than most since I mained her when the game came out! Still, that doesn't change the fact that she is heavily reliant on getting that 50/50 game going.

Oh, gotcha. I was replying in the sense that she's someone you could brainlessly get to Gold with. You're right though, the Mika matchup is a lot of guessing which people hate dealing with. I love playing her though, the way they managed to translate WWE-type wrestling in to a fighting game makes me happy.

Does anyone who plays on PS4 (and who uses Cammy, preferably) want a code for her battle outfit? Got an extra one from Best Buy.

I'm too sloooow.

Rektash

Oh, gotcha. I was replying in the sense that she's someone you could brainlessly get to Gold with. You're right though, the Mika matchup is a lot of guessing which people hate dealing with. I love playing her though, the way they managed to translate WWE-type wrestling in to a fighting game makes me happy.

Yeah, more generally speaking, there isn't a single character in this game that will get you to gold without having to put in some work.

stn

Will I immediately get all the premium skins if I buy the season pass? I'm only really buying it because I want a chance at season 2.

At launch Cammy's battle costume was ~35 ameridollars on eBay.
Amazing. Just imagine Capcom, even if you sold that costume at $5, people would've been stumbling over themselves to get it.
Why does that not suprise me, coming from you!

Sometimes there are things you really, really want and thats okay.
In my defence what actually happened was I got a friend who lives in the States to pre-order it at Gamestop for me then collect the pre-order code, and I only asked them for most of it back seeing as they'd done me a huge favour :p
Will I immediately get all the premium skins if I buy the season pass? I'm only really buying it because I want a chance at season 2.
No, only premium costumes for Alex and the other DLC chars.

No.
Only Alex's. And the other 5 for the DLC characters when they release.
As far as we know, premium skins do not come with the season pass for the original 16 characters.

Question 1:
I feel your pain. I use a 360 TE stick on PC. I wish I could map the xbox guide button as the trial reset macro. But I don't think that option is there that I'm aware of. :(

Yeah, it's just another annoyance in poor user experience design from capcom. :(

Have you played other fighting games competetivly before? Because if not, I don't think you will get to gold anytime soon.

Depends. I got medium tier back in MvC3 and have been playing fighting games since SF2 was in arcades. My reflexes aren't what they used to be, but I'm not super scrubby (I don't think, at least).

I was just thinking if there's someone I could win with more consistently than Ken, maybe it'd be worth putting a little time in to get the silver/gold league trophies/achievements.
Is there an idiot's guide to being an annoying R. Mika? I have trouble trying to play grapplers... I was thinking of switching from Ken to Ryu just because Ryu has more tools and hits like a bus. Another nail in my "anything to win I guess..." coffin. ;)

Mediking

This applies to Cammy... ALOT. I love her but she can only go so far.

cordy

Banned
Thanks for the tips with Alex's trials, got it all down fine.

Now to actually try to play Alex in a mode that works well considering people absolutely destroy mine online. I tried Survival but I lost to Bison on level 30. Fucking ridiculous how the difficulty gets ramped up that quickly.

Big Brett

Man, what is the key to winning with Cammy vs defensive players? Catching them off guard? I've also just got a horrible habit of putting myself into punishable positions but that's a me problem.

Mediking

Cammy isn't about mindgames though. She's going to rush you down if you let her, if you drop combos her low health/stun means you'll die fast.

Yeah, I know all too well about her garbage health. It's not an excuse for losing but if you ever run into a skilled combo player like Ken... She really will die before you can say, "What happened?" when the lose screen appears.

That's why I always cringe when watching tournament videos of Cammy players. We almost always lose. You can know her moveset but 1 freaking mistake and she's dead.

stn

So, wait, WTF? The only way to buy the premium skins for the original cast is to pay $5 or whatever for each of them? Are they fucking crazy?

Mediking

Man, what is the key to winning with Cammy vs defensive players? Catching them off guard? I've also just got a horrible habit of putting myself into punishable positions but that's a me problem.

I'm a Cammy main and well... 1st, accept that her health is garbage. Drop your guard and it will hurt so badly.

2nd, ironically... she's somewhat predictable. Her wild mixup can be easily read aka just be a brick wall and Cammy fails.

However, rely on Crush Crounters and moves that extend really well.

I usually win when I play random and stop thinking too much.

Seriously, why the fuck is this trial giving me this much trouble. I'm cancelling my flash chop RIGHT INTO CRITICAL ART, and the cpu is still blocking

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Will finally, finally play tonight. Me and my best friend are going to run Alex mirrors for as long as I can stay awake. It's been about 2 weeks since I put it any substantial time.

Mœbius

or 40,000 fight money, which isn't crazy.
No the 40k Fight Money is for the Story mode costumes only (and maybe others in the future).

Premium costimes can only be purchased with Zenny / real money, which is why they're not listed in the shop yet (until the Zenny stuff is added).

Palom

I've still got an M.Bison battle costume code (US PS4) that I've been looking to trade for Cammy if anyone else still has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom